“FANTASTIC Hotel & FABULOUS location!”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #315 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night stay with 6 of my girlfriends at the Sheraton Tribeca and I can honestly say what a fantastic experience. We travelled from the UK for my friends 40th birthday and to be honest I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews here on TA however we have all come home with NO complaints at all. We were allocated rooms on the 18th floor away from Canal Street which if you're a light sleeper is definitely the best request. The rooms were small (this is NYC) however clean and the beds were super comfy. The SPG lounge was fabulous and the breakfasts excellent, a special mention for the young man in there who tended to our every need with a smile on his face. The front desk staff, especially Jaquie were friendly and super helpful. We did have to wait a while for our rooms to be ready however we sat and had Starbucks in the lovely reception area and as an apology we were given free wifi for the duration of our stay. Although the location on Canal Street may give some cause for concern it was so easy to get everywhere. Greenwich & Soho were within 10 minutes walk and at no point did we feel unsafe or get bothered by the street vendors of which we saw very few. Granted it isn't the prettiest part of town however it's super convenient and great value for money, especially when you'd rather save your pennies for shopping! Also worth a mention is the AWESOME bagel shop next door, the bagels were to die for and it's open all hours so very handy when you're on another time zone and feeling hungry at silly oclock :) Overall our experience was brilliant & I would really reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient, comfortable good value place to stay in NYC. Yes it's busy, yes communication can be lost sometimes but the staff's willingness to help out and do their best was lovely!! THANKYOU ST XX

Room Tip: Canal Street is noisy so if that bothers you then request a room on the higher floors. You don'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I will be sharing this with the team, particularly Jackie. I am very glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca & enjoyed your accomodations. I'd like to say that It was a total pleasure meeting you while you were here and we definitely look forward to your return in the future. You have my contact info so do not hesitate to reach out to me with future assisitance. Glad to see you and your party arrived back home safely.

Be Well,

Assistant Front Office Manager, Wilberto Olivera

Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca the night before the BikeNY Five Boro tour. Unlike some guests, we left our bikes in our parked vehicle rather than cart them into the hotel.

Issue 1 - Front desk. We arrived before check-in time so we gave our luggage to the valet to store it. He was doing great work hustling around and dealing with a dozen people at a time. If only the hotel could clone him and put him to work at the front desk. When we arrived back later, there were two lineups of people checking in - one at the SPG desk and one at the regular. The lineups moved infuriatingly slowly. It was taking 5 to 10 minutes per person, and then there would be extra holdups with guests going right to the front asking where their laundry is or some other pointless question, which the front desk people would then deal with while the lineups grew. Anyway, even though it was 4 or 4:30pm, we heard the front desk people telling people their room is not ready, so we heard this conversation multiple times: "But it's after 3pm! I'm sorry sir. I've waited in this line for 40 minutes! Sorry sir, the room should be ready shortly." A third line near the SPG side opened up briefly and he seemed to be giving out rooms while the other two were telling people their rooms were not ready. When we got to the front of the line we were told our room wasn't ready, and I pointed to the clerk giving out rooms and asked how he is able to do it, and without hesitation we got a room. It was just weird and annoying, and we spent nearly an hour in the cramped lobby.

Issue 2 - Elevators. The issue is that there are not enough of them, or not enough working ones, or something else that involves waiting and waiting and eventually it shows up and it's full. You know something is wrong with the elevators when people are carting suitcases and bicycles down 7 flights in the morning thinking that's a preferable solution to waiting. We were the ones carting the suitcases, two men behind us were each carrying bikes (nice workout before the tour!), and a father and young child were behind them - and we were all from the 7th floor.

Issue 3 - The little things. We were offered a free breakfast as part of our BikeNY deal. That's nice! Breakfast starts at 7am. Hmm, ok, well we need to be on our bikes, with helmets on, ready to go at 7:30 in the Financial District. How does that work if breakfast starts being served at 7am? Try 6am and we'd be happy.

Our room was great! Nice king bed, clean, modern design, obviously recently renovated. Nice bathroom. The shower was really nice (no tub though). The location is pretty good. Canal Street is a little busy, but the subway is right around the corner and there is lots of stuff nearby.

If they had elevators you could use in a reasonable time and efficient front desk staff, this would be a 4 star review. I was going to rate them a 2 but that seems a little punishing because we did like the room. This Sheraton seriously needs to rework their front desk processes and training. It should not take 5 to 10 minutes to check someone in - that is unacceptable. I joke about cloning the valet, but someone with his temperament, customer-handling abilities, and willingness to get the job done quickly would be a better face to the customer at the front desk. Then they need to do something about the elevators.

Room Tip: Get at least several floors up to get away from street level, but not so high up you can't use t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We would like to invite you back to not only change your perceptions, but to assure that your stay with us is the best in Starwood. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com.

Wilberto Olivera
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a very mediocre hotel. The decor is so tired. The location is good for Soho etc but noisy. The reserved room for twin beds was unavailable at check in so one of us had to sleep on a fold out first night. And it was expensive.
On check out is was overcharged on my card by >$1500 as the accounts department
ran my card through twice. After several days of calls and emails there is still no return of my money let alone suggestions of compensation for inconvenience.
This is a hotel to avoid and Starwood should come in an replace management and accounts team with competent people.

Room Tip: The SoHo grand is a few minutes away, there are good rooms there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lazarus M

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback, we are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay and would like to recover from the challenges and assure that all matters are rectified asap. It is unacceptable that any calls or emails placed to any member of my team has gone unanswered for an extended period of time. Please contact me directly as I would like to investigate further. We would also like to invite you back to not only change your perceptions, but to assure that your stay with us is the best in Starwood. Please feel free to reachout to me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com.

I look forward to connecting.

Wilberto Olivera
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We're New Yorker's, but we spent the night out on the town for our anniversary. The room was clean and cozy. Buffet was okay. It was close enough for us to get around to the places we needed to go. The concierge was accomodating even after check-out time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello! Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

As a Starwood preferred guest since 1999, several years platinum , without a doubt, this was my worst hotel experience of any hotel chain!! Upon check in, I was given a room which I was not pleased. Upon return to reception, I was told no upgrades were available. When I asked to speak with a manager, he told me the same. I informed him that I will be checking out and go to the W New York, understanding I would be responsible for payment. Suddenly, the front desk manager pulls out a room map and suddenly reveals 6 available rooms on the club floor. I reviewed the room and returned to reception to find the manager with his coat on ready to leave(really made me feel like he cared about his position?!?). I did stay but even the club staff were unprofessional. I did receive an email from the asst.GM asking for additional details after I completed an unfavorable platinum survey but no follow up. One saving grace, " Ferry", the bellman! I understand reception may not volunteer an upgrade but to be lied about availability is unacceptable. I will NEVER return to that property! Sadly, I fear that is par for the course at this Sheraton :-(. However, the Starwood name still remains the finest brand in the business and I choose no other property!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DocDarr
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Sheraton and had a great time. The hotel is a few steps away from a subway station, Chinatown and Little Italy. Rooms are comfortable, internet is free at the lounge and there are also computers available for guests. My room was next to the lift, so I had to cope with loud guests coming back at 4am (but I guess this is a "manners" problem, nothing to do with the hotel). I would, however, avoid those rooms. Would definitely recommend the hotel or come back.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the lift, as guests might be loud returning after a wild night in NYC.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very pleased with our stay in Tribeca. Comfy room and bed, good view. Staff helpful and friendly, close to several subway lines and Broadway for shops.
We went for breakfast in Cafe Crave just round the corner, good coffee etc. AOA bar/restaurant also round the corner is a decent place for relaxed food.

Room Tip: If arriving at Newark, this hotel is very close to the Holland Tunnel and as such is about a 30 minu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple