“Trendy Soho New York”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #320 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was chosen as a change from the 42nd to 52nd Street Area to the up and coming Soho, specifically for restaurants - shops and old buildings, many of which are being renovated with care with retention of the heritage.
The hotel frontage was unappealing
The bar was in the lounge, as apposed to an nice intimate bar, with a central zone for lab top - internet devotees.
Here was limited restaurants facilities
The rooms were small, without a bath, and without shower gel or shampoo during my entire stay
On one occasion the coffee machine was left uncleaned and milk used was not replaced.
Unusually the bed and bathroom towels were changed daily
The exception to the disappointment was the concierge porter was cheerful and most helpful at all times

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We would like to invite you back to not only change your perceptions, but to assure that your stay with us is the best in Starwood. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com.

Wilberto Olivera
Asst. Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our overall stay at the Sheraton was acceptable. We had a larger room on the Club Level (21st floor). Comfy bed, nice views of the Hudson River, excellent air-conditioning, and the bathroom was certainly up to par. The club level lounge has an outdoor deck with an amazing view. Not crowded either. The complimentary hot breakfast was a nice morning touch.

The poor girls at the front desk were having a tough time. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our room. The girls must have said "We're sorry for the inconvenience, we will...." a dozen times to various guests. The issues ranged from incorrect billing, wait times for a room, no bartender, valet not answering their phone, and engineering not responding to a plumbing issue. I really felt sorry for them. Also, regarding our wait, check-in is supposedly 3:00 PM and we arrived at 4:30. One of the receptionists said our room was just being inspected and we should wait in the lobby and she would bring us our key shortly. After 30 minutes I left the other waiting guests and asked the desk when our room would be ready. She then handed my our key and said we were good to go. So my advice would be that if you find yourself in the same situation, wait a bit, and just go back up to the front desk and ask again.

Other reviewers raised issues with the elevators. There are three elevators. They all worked fine. We never waited more than one minute and the elevators were never crowded.

The Avenue of Americas (AOA) bar attached to the Hilton Garden Inn around the corner is a great sports bar.

I would guardedly recommend the Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for the note. Hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sheraton is a nice business hotel, rooms are nice, very comfortable. Bathrooms are nice with a big shower. You are not going to have a view, but that's common in most NYC hotels. The downstairs bar is very blah, there was never anyone there....it served as an overflow for people trying to check in or waiting on their room. There is a little coffee shop in the hotel which is nice, they have a breakfast restaurant which is okay. There's also a 24 hour shop next door that has pizza and sandwiches and your standard convenience store items.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Samharts

Thank you for your feed back. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were a family of four and stayed in a double bedroom. Size of the bedroom was small but not a surprise for a NYC hotel. Staff was very welcoming and polite. Beds were comfortable, room was always cleaned. Free wifi in the lobby only. Location was great for us; close to a few subway stations and literally steps away from soho and Greenwich village (great for Friday and Saturday drinks in soho- no cab required!)
Highly recommend but be ready to have a small-okay room

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel many weeks for business.

Pros: The staff is extremely friendly (everyone from room service, to check in, to those that help you hail a cab), and the hotel is very clean. The club lounge outside area is a huge plus and very nice for NYC. You can get tons of hotel points here because they participate in make a green choice. Also, very close proximity to subway and downtown if you are working on Wall St.

Cons: Small rooms that seem very standard w basic amenities. I have stayed in many NYC area Starwood properties and my biggest complain with this hotel is the room service and the limited 'quick healthy food' options in walking distance. The room service menu is very limited, and as a business traveler that worked long hours, I was normally too tired to go out. I am also not a huge fan of the area as it seemed kind of sketchy at night, and it was really tough to get a cab (nothing against the bellmen- they were very nice! just not a lot of cabs that come down the street that are empty). Gym is also very small and hotel is SMALL and slow which makes it crowded and it takes a long time to get down in the morning with luggage.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for business, there are a few other Starwoods I prefer in NYC though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CLT_Travel-Girl4Lyfe
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 4 June 2014

On a beautiful June day, I chose to walk from Battery Park area to the Hotel. I walked by the hotel twice because the hotel entrance is well marked due to the street vendors, small shops and traffic in front of the hotel. The Plant Fitness sign on the wall didn't help either. The hotel is located in an evolving area but vibrant area. I felt safe walking the streets even at 11 PM, but others may find it a bit unsettling; the police station is a block away.

One inside, I found a the hotel to be very nice and comfortable. I did not have any service issues, rather the personnel were very welcoming. My room was adjacent to the (which I agreed to in lieu of a room at the end of the floor) but I did not hear any associated elevator noise. The bed, desk and bathroom were clean and well apportioned. The TV was hung on the wall thereby saving space. The bathroom had swinging doors which were a bit clumsy to use since they had to be closed to access the sink or use the light switches.

The hotel restaurant apparently only serves breakfast which I thought was odd, but there are many dining options in the area..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Wilberto O, Assisatant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for the feed back. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just got back from a 2 week stay in this hotel. It is a brilliant hotel, the staff are all friendly and welcoming, the rooms are gorgeous and our view from the 18th floor was breath taking. The beds were comfy and coffee maker in the room was a great touch. We had breakfast every morning in the SPG lounge which was great every morning and the staff in there were all friendly and helpful.
It is in a great location with subways close by to everything.
Thank you for making my birthday trip even better than I could have imagined.

• Stayed: May 2014
Wilberto O, Assitant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your greAT feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location. We look forward to your return in the future.