“Small but mighty!”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #315 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It may not be the smallest hotel in Manhattan but it's definitely on the small side for a Sheraton. But in a city where the square foot comes at a premium one might want to forget about the size of the footprint and the lack of a view and concentrate on the cleanliness and the location: You are downtown with Soho, Chinatown and TriBeCa as your neighbors, lots to do and away from the touristy hustle and bustle of Midtown. Just stop by the front desk and ask of Aldo. You'll be amazed by all the possibilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Nicholas A, Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad that we had exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm regards,

Nicholas Amato
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Only used this hotel because our tour started from here. Many cheaper hotels have free WiFi and free breakfast. This hotel has free WiFi in lobby. There are some basic breakfast places nearby. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am sorry that we failed to meet some of your hotel expectations. I am happy to heat your enjoyed our staff. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com upon your future visit as I would like to personally accommodate and assure that your future stay is one of the best ever.

Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Five of us were travelling together and decided to walk from Penn Station to the hotel. Of course it was a loooong walk and when we arrived at the hotel it smelled so wonderful. Andrea at the front desk was super friendly. We wanted connecting rooms but there weren't any available at the time so we checked in and right away went for the evening appetizers. It was lovely and tastey.

The outdoor patio was amazing and had a wonderful view of Manhattan and the Empire State Building. Very charming and again the staff was so accommodating. Michael gave us great dinner commendations and we ended up at the 5 Napkin Burger, one of the nights.

We walked over to Soho and looked in the stores. Everything is so close including to subway stops to uptown or downtown or Brooklyn.

When we got back we stopped by the front desk and thought we would ask about the connecting rooms and Aldo immediately checked and found that there was something available.
He arranged to have our luggage moved and took care of every little detail. Amazing person and so accommodating. We decided to eat at the hotel and the food was great and Moe was helping us. I found that everyone at the hotel was always working together and as we ordered our food late, Martha the chef and Moe served us together and really impressive.

The location, the patio, the rooms were clean and awesome beds. I have been to New York so many times and really loved staying downtown.

The general manager made my day when he called to make sure everything was going well. I have never had that happen and I felt like I was staying with friends with family. Super feeling and much appreciated.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a quiet but exciting getaway.............I loved the hotel and the staff so much that I am bringing my husband and kids next time!!

Thank you .

Room Tip: Spend the money for the Club Lounge, it is so worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank wendcla

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that the staff provided the exceptional service we strive for. I will share your kind words with the team and in particular Andrea, Aldo, Moe, and of course our General Manager, Anthony. We look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to accommodate your needs and also introduce myself.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The location of this hotel is very good -- close to many subway lines. It was very clean, and the staff was most pleasant. The room was small, typical in NYC. For a four night stay, I would have preferred a dresser with drawers instead of the desk with desk chair. The design is more for business travel than tourist. Beware of their "green" option. It means no maid service at all. This is a little much for an extended stay. Also, I felt being charged ten dollars a day for WIFI in the room was silly. It's free many places these days. Of course this was NYC.

Room Tip: The higher the better for a view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi S

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am happy to hear the staff was very accommodating. But I am sorry that we failed to meet your room expectations during your stay. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com upon your future visit and I will personally accommodate all of your needs.

Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a nice hotel. The only downside was that you have to pay for Wifi in your room but it is free downstairs. For the price we paid I think it should have been included. The front desk staff was amazing and an employee named David ran to and from the corner multiple times just to find me a cab. He also did great loading and unloading our bags. All the employees were great but he stood out to me! The bartender served a very generous amount of alcohol for our drinks as well!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NickofItaly

Thank you for the Awesome Review! I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience with the hotel and staff at the Sheraton Tribeca. Thank you for recognizing David - I will be sure to share this with him and the rest of the Sheraton Team. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I slept like a baby at this hotel, the bed was amazing and the pillows so comfortable. The bath room was a good size for NYC with a nice shower. They were also incredibly accommodating as I flew in on the red eye, called from the airport to book a room and they let me check in at 8am for some rest before enjoying the neighborhood. It's a busy area with a lot of street noise but my room was high and away from the street which mitigated all the issues. If you are looking for a good night sleep, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank emo114

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel looks new and modern. WiFi is good. Housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and comfortable, although small.

No room upgrade or alternative benefit for SPG Gold member.

The reception staff seemed always busy. The check-in and check-out waiting time was long.

Room has no minibar. Elevators require room key to activate.

The hotel is near Chinatown. If it's your first time to visit NYC, I suggest you to stay in another area, for example, near Grand Central Station.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yiyi L

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback, we are very sorry that we failed to provide an upgrade upon arrival. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would also like to invite you back to not only change your perceptions, but to assure that your stay with us is the best you ever have with in Starwood.

Assistant Front Office Manager