“Good Location. Noisy Small Rooms. Poor Services.”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #320 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Good Location. Noisy Small Rooms. Poor Services.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here 5 nights and I think my title summed up my experience.

The hotel itself is situated in a good location where everything isn't too far. Though the good things end here.

Its got very small rooms. Yes, small even for NYC.

We chose to stay at a Sheraton because of my positive sleeping quality in past stays at other Sheraton properties. No not here, the windows do nothing in blocking traffic noise in the middle of the night. If you are a light sleeper you should stay elsewhere.

As a SPG Gold Member, we were given no perks and was not given an enhanced room, even when the hotel was obviously not at full capacity, which was extremely disappointing.

We also had an Wifi connection problem, the operators on the phone could not help and suggests that "YOU can call the toll-free number for technical support" and not proactively help us with the problem. We spent literally hours talking to the person on the toll-free number. It ended up to be because of an administrative error at the hotel's end, this was only because we met one very helpful staff at the reception who was willing to spend time looking through our record.

It's a shame, this property can do so much better. I will choose elsewhere the next time I am in NYC.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicholas A, Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay however are deeply concerned that you were not upgraded and had troubles with the internet. We strive to upgrade all of our SPG guests especially our Gold & Platinum Members. In addition we are on the brink of upgrading our internet system which will make a huge impact on our guest internet connectivity. We hope when you return to the city you allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel. Please reach out to me directly so that I may handle your accommodations personally.

Best regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently inadvertently booked an online reservation at this hotel on the spg.com website. I instantly cancelled the reservation or thought I cancelled it. I did not have any idea the reservation was still active until I received an email asking if I was planning to arrive. The problem was, I did not receive the email till the next day. I contacted platinum concierge services and they were unable to get me a refund. As a long time platinum member, I am disappointed and surprised that this hotel would rather not waive the fee for one of its best customers, never have the decency to send a reply email, and risk losing multiple visits from myself and others. It speaks to what type of hotel it stands for and if they treat their best customers this way, how do they treat others? There are far more friendlier and accommodating hotels in the area. I fully recommend the element hotel in Times Square.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are truely sorry that we were unable to refund your for your reservation. We strive to exceed our guest expectations so I encourage to reach out to me so that I may look into this matter personally with the hopes to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Newport, Rhode Island USA
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our most recent visit to New York City found us searching for a hotel in the Soho/Tribeca area. We have never stayed in this particular part of NYC in our many dozens of Manhattan hotel stays. We purchased our hotel reservations via Hotwire as we wished to stay at no less than a 4 star hotel. The Sheraton Tribeca did not disappoint us in the least. The normal small Manhattan room is present but very well appointed, comfortable with excellent linens, very sleep worthy bedding, and a staff that takes very good care of you with a smile. The location is OUTSTANDING and within a blocks walk to the Subway, several blocks one way is China Town, and walk to the left of this and you are on Mulberry Street, the central hub of Little Italy restaurants. If you arrive on Friday evening you will find ample FREE Street Parking. So save a lot of money and go spend it on some fantastic food.

Room Tip: The hotels does charge $10.00 a night for in room WiFi which for us is very important. If you are st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph S
Thank you for writing a review of your experience. We are happy that you chose our hotel as your place for accomodations when visiting the city and look forward to your continued patronage.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It may not be the smallest hotel in Manhattan but it's definitely on the small side for a Sheraton. But in a city where the square foot comes at a premium one might want to forget about the size of the footprint and the lack of a view and concentrate on the cleanliness and the location: You are downtown with Soho, Chinatown and TriBeCa as your neighbors, lots to do and away from the touristy hustle and bustle of Midtown. Just stop by the front desk and ask of Aldo. You'll be amazed by all the possibilities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad that we had exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm regards,

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Only used this hotel because our tour started from here. Many cheaper hotels have free WiFi and free breakfast. This hotel has free WiFi in lobby. There are some basic breakfast places nearby. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am sorry that we failed to meet some of your hotel expectations. I am happy to heat your enjoyed our staff. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com upon your future visit as I would like to personally accommodate and assure that your future stay is one of the best ever.

Wilberto Olivera
Asst. Front Office Manager
St. Thomas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Five of us were travelling together and decided to walk from Penn Station to the hotel. Of course it was a loooong walk and when we arrived at the hotel it smelled so wonderful. Andrea at the front desk was super friendly. We wanted connecting rooms but there weren't any available at the time so we checked in and right away went for the evening appetizers. It was lovely and tastey.

The outdoor patio was amazing and had a wonderful view of Manhattan and the Empire State Building. Very charming and again the staff was so accommodating. Michael gave us great dinner commendations and we ended up at the 5 Napkin Burger, one of the nights.

We walked over to Soho and looked in the stores. Everything is so close including to subway stops to uptown or downtown or Brooklyn.

When we got back we stopped by the front desk and thought we would ask about the connecting rooms and Aldo immediately checked and found that there was something available.
He arranged to have our luggage moved and took care of every little detail. Amazing person and so accommodating. We decided to eat at the hotel and the food was great and Moe was helping us. I found that everyone at the hotel was always working together and as we ordered our food late, Martha the chef and Moe served us together and really impressive.

The location, the patio, the rooms were clean and awesome beds. I have been to New York so many times and really loved staying downtown.

The general manager made my day when he called to make sure everything was going well. I have never had that happen and I felt like I was staying with friends with family. Super feeling and much appreciated.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a quiet but exciting getaway.............I loved the hotel and the staff so much that I am bringing my husband and kids next time!!

Thank you .

Room Tip: Spend the money for the Club Lounge, it is so worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank wendcla
Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that the staff provided the exceptional service we strive for. I will share your kind words with the team and in particular Andrea, Aldo, Moe, and of course our General Manager, Anthony. We look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to accommodate your needs and also introduce myself.

Assistant Front Office Manager, Wilberto Olivera
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The location of this hotel is very good -- close to many subway lines. It was very clean, and the staff was most pleasant. The room was small, typical in NYC. For a four night stay, I would have preferred a dresser with drawers instead of the desk with desk chair. The design is more for business travel than tourist. Beware of their "green" option. It means no maid service at all. This is a little much for an extended stay. Also, I felt being charged ten dollars a day for WIFI in the room was silly. It's free many places these days. Of course this was NYC.

Room Tip: The higher the better for a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi S
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am happy to hear the staff was very accommodating. But I am sorry that we failed to meet your room expectations during your stay. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com upon your future visit and I will personally accommodate all of your needs.

Wilberto Olivera