“Great Location - just remember to cross over the road into Soho”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #314 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location - just remember to cross over the road into Soho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

On first glance we were worried that the hotel was in a dodgy part of town. We went to the bar to drown our sorrows and grab some food when the lovely barman advised us to try some local cuisine and cross over the road into Soho - We did and it was amazing. The hotel rooms are very big for NYC and paying that little bit extra for the Club Lounge was well worth it - especially for the views. We ate out every day and can recommend Dos Cominos - their Ice Margaritas are gorgeous.
The staff are so friendly at the Sheraton - especially house keeping.
We are looking forward to returning in the near future and would recommend this hotel to everyone!.
Best holiday ever!

Room Tip: The higher you go and the more obstructed a view the quieter a nights sleep you get - However this i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tomster33
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location - I must agree that Dos Caminos is absolutely AMAZING! One of my favorite places. We definitely look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com on your next visit as I would like to persoanally accomodate you.

Assistant Front Office Manager, Wilberto Olivera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel was good in terms of good value of money for NY standards.

The hotel is situated between Chinatown and Tribecca, towards the nicest/quietest side of Canal street. Walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy and Soho and with variety of options for restaurants and shopping. Besides, it has very closely 2 tube and train stations -plus a few buses stops- with direct access to most of the city tourist spots (Time square, Wall Street, Central Park,...). It's also a 15 minutes ride from Brooklyn.

Staff was really helpful. At the moment we arrived there were no 2 rooms which could accomodate 3 beds as booked, but the manager diligently fixed it and replaced it by 3 double rooms instead which probed to be more convenient seeing the rooms size is not big (i didn't find them too small either as some other reviewers commented; they were average and fine for 2 people staying for a week). Besides, they assist us with getting a wheel chair for a couple of days for a family member that got injured. They were especially nice and kind to the kids.

There's complimentary coffe and tea facilities in the room plus ice machine in the corridor.

Rooms have no free wifi which would have been good. There's free wifi in the lobby plus free access to some computers. We didn't make use of the gym or restaurant facilities so cannot give opinion on that.

Room Tip: My parents got a room facing Canal street and altough slightly bigger than the ones facing a side st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maiahm
Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you & your family had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that my staff and management team did everything possible to make your stay that much more enjoyable. We look forward to your return in the future.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family of four wanted to experience TriBeCa for the first time. I booked the Sheraton TriBeCa per the good reviews on TA and was not disappointed. The location is great. TriBeCa is a vibrant, beautiful area. There is so much to do, see and eat in Lower Manhattan, and there are two subway stations around the corner so uptown is just a short ride away. The hotel in general, and our room were impeccably clean, elegant, and comfortable. Housekeeping was great. The staff accommodated every little favor I asked for with a smile. They even refrigerated my Little Italy left-overs and delivered them to my room hot and in room-service style to my room the next day. I cant say enough good things about the Sheraton TriBeCa! I will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: If you prefer room with a view, you need to ask for it up front. Our east-side room was nice and qui...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hh h
Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that the staff provided the exceptional service we strive for. I will share your kind words with the team. We look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to accommodate your needs and also introduce myself.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in room 1217, which had a nice view of the Empire State Building, at the end of the hallway. Absolutely silent, we heard no noise from hallway or other rooms. The room is small. Bed very comfortable. Room was very clean, housekeeping was fine. Only possible complaint is that there is very little storage for folded clothing. One cubby in the closet and one under the desk. The location cannot be beat, walking distance to Soho and the Village. Access to subways approx 1 block in each direction. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location. We look forward to your return in the future.

FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice and clean rooms. Rooms are slightly on the smaller side, but then this is NY. Very helpful staff, housekeeping is on the ball, Club service is excellent, views from the 21st floor are breathtaking. Early morning airport limo showed up right on time. Cons - they didn't list early check-in on the reservation or the club level booking. However, when I showed them the email confirmation, Monique addressed both issues promptly.
Overall - Hotel property is very well managed.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MannyFL
Thank you for the great feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that the staff provided the exceptional service we strive for. I will share your kind words with the team and in particular, Monique. We look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to accommodate your needs and also introduce myself.

Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Travelling around the US our journey ended in New York and on this hotel.
A wonderful place, good location, very kind staff and a very nice room. Absolutely a plus that there was a Starbucks in the hotel. Only thing I think should be changed is free internet for guests staying longer than a night. We used the free internet in the lobby, but it would have been great to have it in our room without having to pay for it. If you stay at this hotel you will not be sorry!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KAndersonDK
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014

San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed with my husband in Sheraton Tribeca for the 4 of July. The location is good, but after five days, I left the hotel with a bad feeling. I think that we were misled, manipulated and discriminated as tourists. I paid for a room on the executive floor, however I was assigned supposedly to a deluxe a room on a different floor to satisfy my request for a "good view", but the cleaning service was lousy and the general impression of attentions, very limited. I had even clean the armchair with disinfectant to remove dirt in the arms! Both the room, and the carpet of the halls didn’t smelled clean and fresh, and the extreme smallness of the room was really an inconvenient. Outside the hotel we enjoy our vacation and anniversary as we had planned it. But inside the hotel the experience was different as expected! Is a three-star hotel; nothing more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cira H
Nicholas A, Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are truly sorry that the cleanliness standards were subpar and it is embarrassing for us to read such descriptions. We implore you to reach out to our management team so that we can speak further about the issues you encountered with hopes to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Warm regards,