“AVOID !”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #313 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel cancelled my reservation for a double bed room and tried to squeeze 4 people in a room for 2 people without any compensation.
They cancelled without telling me and worse, it's illegal put more people than the facility's maximum capacity. This hotel think more about the money than the safety.
I would avoid a hotel in this conditions!
The hotel is at chinatown in a street with a lot of dirty and cheap stores.
I needed to spend much more money and walk around ny with all my luggage to find a new hotel. That never happens with me!
AVOID!

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fernanda g
Nicholas A, Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Fernanda,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. We are truly shocked and sorry about the experience you encountered while you were our guest. As you may read other reviews this is not the kind of experience our hotel creates for our guests. With that said I urge you to contact me directly so that I may address the matter immediately with hopes regain your confidence in our hotel and have you return as one of our many loyal guests.

Warm regards,

Nicholas Amato
Assistant General Manager
nick.amato@sheratontribeca.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,032)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room is a bit small, as many NYC hotels, but bright and well maintained. The King size bed took up much of the room and the bathroom was small, yet modern. The workout facility was average size, but I was disappointed they did not have any free weights. The elevators are a bit slow and can get crowded. The hotel is on Canal Street, which is very busy and lacks any charm. But once you get inside it is efficient. There was no doorman to help hail a taxi when needed, and the traffic on Canal Street can get really backed up with cars heading to the Holland Tunnel. Easy walk to Soho, the Village and of course Tribeca. If I had to stay in that area again, I would stay again despite it lacking charm. I liked that it was bright and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristyn F
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback, we are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay and would like to recover from the challenges and assure that all matters are rectified. Please contact me directly during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com so that I can personally accomodate you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked this hotel for a single night due to its location between Chinatown and Little Italy. How bad could one night be.....pretty bad!!!!!
The physical plant and location are a problem. The hotel is poorly laid out with small rooms and very narrow halls. The halls become echo chambers and sound carries throughout the floor. The hotel is also right next to a USPS station with the sound of trucks arriving and leaving all night and banging mail skids makes sleep impossible. Add to that the street noise on one of Manhattan's busiest streets and you can forget any thought of a good night's sleep. In a 10 minute span at midnight I heard a police car siren, 3 mail trucks beeping as they backed up, mail skids banging - metal on metal and a drunk guest laughing in the echo chamber as he tried to open his door.
Arrival was sterile and cold and I received a warmer welcome from my DI in Marine Corps OCS. The clerk did not bother to direct me to the elevators which are hidden in the rear corner of the main floor. I was sorry that I disturbed her afternoon.The hall carpet on my floor was badly stained and the hall was blocked by a pile of dirty sheets and maid's cart. The rooms are about 150 square feet and are clean and attractive. No place can be all bad!
I tried 5 times to schedule a wake up call since the clock radio was broken. I finally got a real person who told me the wake up call was scheduled but the call never came in the morning. It was a good thing that sleep was impossible or I would have missed my flight.
My advice to anyone contemplating a stay at this hotel is to drink heavily before you arrive and if you are lucky enough to get arrested for public intoxication;;you will rest better in a police holding cell...it certainly will be quieter..

Room Tip: Check into another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bankruptcy
Wilberto O, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback, we are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. Please contact me directly at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to investigate further. I would also like to invite you back to not only change your perceptions, but to assure that your stay with us is the best in Starwood. At the Sheraton Tribeca we only strive for the best and I would like to ask you to give us another chance to make things right.

Wilberto Olivera
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I just stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca from Aug 4 to 8th. This was my wife's first visit to NYC and wanted this to be very special. The hotel has some great amenities, especially the view from the upper floors and the Club lounge. It is very close to the Canal St. subway stations that take you both to Times Square, Empire State Building and Central Park to the north and the World Trade Centre to the south. Little Italy and Chinatown are a short walk away where we enjoyed and excellent dinner. Very nice accommodations including the comfortable king sleeper bed. Very attentive staff from the front desk, Concierge and maid service. I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to NY City for business or pleasure. When we visit New York again we will definitely stay at your hotel. N & C from Toronto Canada

Room Tip: Don't forget the Metro Pass for the subway. Great value. Upper floors have a great view of dow...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TOSun

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you and your wife had such a great time here at the Sheraton Tribeca and enjoyed all of the hotel amenities, the location, and best of all - our amazing staff. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

On first glance we were worried that the hotel was in a dodgy part of town. We went to the bar to drown our sorrows and grab some food when the lovely barman advised us to try some local cuisine and cross over the road into Soho - We did and it was amazing. The hotel rooms are very big for NYC and paying that little bit extra for the Club Lounge was well worth it - especially for the views. We ate out every day and can recommend Dos Cominos - their Ice Margaritas are gorgeous.
The staff are so friendly at the Sheraton - especially house keeping.
We are looking forward to returning in the near future and would recommend this hotel to everyone!.
Best holiday ever!

Room Tip: The higher you go and the more obstructed a view the quieter a nights sleep you get - However this i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tomster33

Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and location - I must agree that Dos Caminos is absolutely AMAZING! One of my favorite places. We definitely look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com on your next visit as I would like to persoanally accomodate you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel was good in terms of good value of money for NY standards.

The hotel is situated between Chinatown and Tribecca, towards the nicest/quietest side of Canal street. Walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy and Soho and with variety of options for restaurants and shopping. Besides, it has very closely 2 tube and train stations -plus a few buses stops- with direct access to most of the city tourist spots (Time square, Wall Street, Central Park,...). It's also a 15 minutes ride from Brooklyn.

Staff was really helpful. At the moment we arrived there were no 2 rooms which could accomodate 3 beds as booked, but the manager diligently fixed it and replaced it by 3 double rooms instead which probed to be more convenient seeing the rooms size is not big (i didn't find them too small either as some other reviewers commented; they were average and fine for 2 people staying for a week). Besides, they assist us with getting a wheel chair for a couple of days for a family member that got injured. They were especially nice and kind to the kids.

There's complimentary coffe and tea facilities in the room plus ice machine in the corridor.

Rooms have no free wifi which would have been good. There's free wifi in the lobby plus free access to some computers. We didn't make use of the gym or restaurant facilities so cannot give opinion on that.

Room Tip: My parents got a room facing Canal street and altough slightly bigger than the ones facing a side st...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maiahm

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you & your family had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that my staff and management team did everything possible to make your stay that much more enjoyable. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family of four wanted to experience TriBeCa for the first time. I booked the Sheraton TriBeCa per the good reviews on TA and was not disappointed. The location is great. TriBeCa is a vibrant, beautiful area. There is so much to do, see and eat in Lower Manhattan, and there are two subway stations around the corner so uptown is just a short ride away. The hotel in general, and our room were impeccably clean, elegant, and comfortable. Housekeeping was great. The staff accommodated every little favor I asked for with a smile. They even refrigerated my Little Italy left-overs and delivered them to my room hot and in room-service style to my room the next day. I cant say enough good things about the Sheraton TriBeCa! I will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: If you prefer room with a view, you need to ask for it up front. Our east-side room was nice and qui...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hh h

Thank you for the amazing feed back. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca and that the staff provided the exceptional service we strive for. I will share your kind words with the team. We look forward to your return in the future. Please reach out to me during your next visit at wilberto@sheratontribeca.com as I would like to accommodate your needs and also introduce myself.