“Blazing saddles NYC”

US$42.00*
and up
New York Full Day Bike Rental
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike over the Brooklyn Bridge and enjoy the Manhattan Skyline from across the East River! Ride the bike-friendly Greenway along the waterfront to view the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial Site, and the Intrepid Naval Air Museum. Continue from the Hudson River for a scenic ride through New York’s Central Park, then back to the South Street Seaport. You can also check out out our location on Governor's Island!
Groningen, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blazing saddles NYC”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We really had a great time renting a bicycle. They had a map with all major bicycle routes throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn with Some beautifull routes.
I was happily surprised that there were som many easy accessible bike routes trough the city. Also Evelyn who helped us with the bikes was great!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ferdau N
blazingsaddlesteam, Manager at Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback! We're really glad you enjoyed the routes and found them to be beautiful and accessible. We hope to see you again next time you are in NY! -Sandra

• Finnish first
Sacramento, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A 5 Star Place to Rent Your Bicycles”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Being serious tandem bicyclists from California, we always make a point of renting bicycles (a tandem whenever available) during our travels. It is the best way to get around and see the city sites. During our recent visit to New York City/Manhattan, we contacted several bicycle rental shops and some were very rude on the phone. Blazing Saddles at the South St. Seaport were very nice and helpful on the phone, so we decided to go with them. On the day that we went to rent the tandem, they had received a huge shipment of boxes, making access to their tandems difficult. We told them that we really wanted to rent a tandem and not single bicycles. Chris and Evelyn, called all the workers together, and moved all the boxes to get a tandem out for us. And all the workers were so nice about it. They definitely emphasize on customer service. All the staff there were so cordial, and answered all of our questions, and gave excellent recommendations on where to ride. We would definitely rent from them again on our next trip to NYC.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We take a lot of pride in our customer service, so reviews like yours really mean a lot to us. We're so glad we were able to make the tandem experience in New York a reality for you and your wife. Please visit us again next time you are in New York or San Francisco! -Sandra
Pittsburg, California
“Nice staff”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We had the blazing saddles on our New York pass and the staff was extremely friendly. When I return to NY I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2014
Thank you so much for recommending our company. We really appreciate your feedback! -Sandra
Atlanta, Georgia
“Sturdy Bicycles, Friendly Staff and Affordable Prices”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Sturdy Bicycles, Friendly Staff and Affordable Prices - What more can one ask for? I visited Blazing Saddles at Pier 17 in Manhattan during my two week solo vacation in New York. I was apprehensive at first as my previous experience with other bike rental shops near Central Park was below my expectations. However, the two staff, Neriah and Evelyn, welcomed me with smiles and their cheerful nature.

Their paperwork was straightforward with no hidden cost, and a deposit was made to insure the bike. Within minutes I was geared up and ready to go. Evelyn was very kind and gave me a free upgrade. I rode the Comfort Breezer bike that came with a U-Lock inside a neat little pouch by the front. Eddie briefed me about the bike and gave me a quick overview of the finer details of operating it.

The bike is new and sturdy - although it was more suited for bike lanes and sidewalks, it held up pretty good when I got lost in Brooklyn and put it through some rough terrain. In fact, I was quite comfortable with the bike that I was willing to simply ditch the map and just roam around Brooklyn without fear of the bike giving out on me. Coming back from Brooklyn, Evelyn inquired about my trip and was genuinely interested in the places I have been and the photos I have taken. (personally, I found this to be an excellent point over other shops that treat you as just another customer)

If you are renting it from Pier 17 (they have another outlet at pier 78), I would strongly advise to explore the southern part of Manhattan before crossing over the Brooklyn Bridge.

Thanks Evelyn and Lucas from Blazing Saddles in New York! :)

Visited May 2014
jeffblazing, Manager at Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We take a lot of pride in our customer service, so it's always great to receive positive feedback like yours. We're glad to hear you felt 100% satisfied with our equipment, staff, and customer service. Sounds like you had an awesome biking adventure in the city. Please visit us again next time you pass through! -Sandra
Jerusalem, Israel
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“the best bike experience in New York”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

we chose the 24 hour option and basically biked for 24 hours around the whole of new york.
it definitely was the best choice that we have made on the whole trip.
the staff were attentive and kind. the bikes are in top condition and the price is similar or cheaper than other bike rentals. The proximity to the main bike lanes of new york was great.
we biked to central park on the first day, and to battery park on the second.
I truthfully recommend this as one of the best ways to experience new york!

Visited May 2014
jeffblazing, Manager at Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for recommending our company. We're glad to hear you were 100% satisfied with your experience. Please come again next time you are in NYC! -Sandra