“Go Cassa, Go!”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #109 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We really enjoyed our recent trip to New York and staying at Cassa Hotel and Residences played a significant part in it.

We got the hotel through Booking.com at a reasonable but under no circumstances cheap price. It is worth having a look on priceline or hotwire since the hotel is quite often offered at significantly lower prices through the “veil of anonymity”. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a US credit card to try my luck but can’t really complain on the price I got for a 4-star hotel right in the middle of Manhattan.

In terms of location, Cassa is ideal for walks to all Manhattan attractions. One block from Times Square (close but not too close to this central but really packed area) and 3-4 blocks from Grand Central Station, it was situated very close to restaurants, theaters, cafés, shops and museums. We are indeed very fond of walking around a new city (we feel we are getting most of the real city rhythm that way) and we never felt threatened when we were walking around there even when we were returning to the hotel late at night.

The room was very cozy with modern decoration and all the amenities we would expect. Big and comfortable bed, huge TV with a great selection of channels, mini-safe, mini-bar, iron and ironing board, radio, etc. We were staying on the 18th floor but unfortunately our view was to the building right next to us so not much to see. One thing that I would like them to add is free WiFi in the rooms. I honestly cannot understand with today’s internet prices, why they need to charge USD 10 per day for internet access. OK, I understand that they are after the profit they lost when people replaced hotel telephones with mobile phones but still internet is so cheap these days. Don’t think that you will have a problem in finding a free wifi location though since there is a Starbucks right across the street where you can get a nice coffee and check emails on your phone/laptop.

The hotel staff was really polite and helpful in the 1-2 things that we asked from them. The daily recommendation list from the concierge that they were leaving in our rooms every day was a very nice touch and twice we had dinner at these places and enjoyed it very much.

All in all, we had a great stay at the Cassa Hotel and Residences and I would definitely stay again. Please note that the hotel is very new and some parts are still under construction (e.g. lobby) so I guess that it will be even better when the construction work is finished.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TreasuryMan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed 21 May 2011

This was a cool, modern, clean hotel in a perfect midtown location - just a few blocks from Rock. Center. It is hands down the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at in NYC. I heard no street noise and no hallway noise (even though my room was right on W. 45th St. and right across the hall from the elevator. Bed was super comfy and the shower was one of the best. The mini bar had all this Dean and Deluca stuff - I spent $16!! I booked this place through Travelocity's secret hotel search - I couldn't have been happier with how it ended up!

Room Tip: My guess is they're all quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My stay at Cassa portait as a luxury hotel has been a forgettable experience.

The place has a great location but that it's as far as it goes in terms of appreciating the place.

The hotel has not a breakfast room that still undergoing construction, you can have breakfast on a bar on the 10th floor that clearly cannot accommodate everybody. An the choices of food are pathetic.

Cassa is not a cheap place to stay, and if you come for business as I do, you expect a wifi service and 2 days the service was down although I still got charged for it.

The business room where you should have the alternative to use a computer was also down however I lost money twice trying to access Internet there, because no one said the service was also down

Laundery was delivered late and they forgot to deliver more than half of the items I sent to get cleaned.

The answer to my complained was go to block down to an Internet caffe'.

Charging a full price for something it's not up running it's simply unacceptable.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank M74London
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We absolutley loved our stay at this fabulous hotel. From the minute we checked in the staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel lobby was very stylish and we really felt we were in New York. It was exactly what we had imagined it to be, and more.

Our room was clean, well presented (maybe a little bit small - but hey, it's New York and we stilll found it comfortable and not at all claustrophobic) We were not disturbed by noise at all. Good sized bathroom with huge shower. Decent sized plasma TV with cable channels.
The only thing would change (and I stress: only thing) was the size of the bed - it was a double.

The concierge and reception staff were always so helpful with directions, dining recommendations and even helping us out with Broadway tickets.

But what really made this hotel was the location. We were in this amazing city for a week and did not have to catch public transport once! One block to Times Square (but not to close) 2 blocks to Rockerfella and about a 15 minute walk to Central Park. If we are ever lucky enough to visit this incredible city again we would absolutely stay at the Cassa and recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Location: Great, between 5th and 6th. Times square a few minutes walk away as were the shops on 5th Avenue. Very safe location, although in the hustle of everything street was actually quite quiet.
Rooms: Great rooms, modern, clean, great large TV, bathroom was great.
Staff: Really friendly, always smiling, arranged taxis for us and concierge always willing to help recommend things for tourists.

Seriously, stay here you won't be disappointed

Slight notes worth mentioning: Small double beds, being a small hotel it wasn't particularly buzzy but good for a city break hotel, it's not a resort and also the wifi should be free

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt2389
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed at Cassa on our first trip to NY for 8 nights. I couldn't be more happy with the room and the service they provide. Our room was upgraded from double bed to a king, staff at the front office were friendly, concierge guys couldn't be more helpful in giving us information and tips. Room was perfectly cleaned daily. Modern looking bedroom and bathroom, nice flat screen tv. The only negative of the room is that it is lacking a kettle/cups which I think is basic necessity as many people want to drink coffee or tea (including me). I love how a note is always placed in front of the room every morning advising the weather of the day.
Last but not least, location is perfect. Midtown, close to Bryant Park station and many attraction & shopping areas. We especially enjoyed our late supper at Chipotle (mexican food) just across the road, or the food cart round the corner of 42nd st/6th ave.
I will definitely stay at Cassa if I even go back to NYC!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Our experience at Cassa hotel was amaizing.
the location is perfect, we got an upgrade as soon as we arrived and we couldn't speak highly about this hotel. The rooms are a little bit small but hey you are in NY.
Before we booked we spent lots of time checking hotels in NY, our main concern was "bed bugs" even when we got into the room we checked everything but evething was perfectly clean and ina very neat condition .....
Now we know where we will stay on our next visit to NY.
Only one comment: I hope I had a microwave at the room , other than everythin was perfect about Cassa Hotel.

Stayed: December 2010