“Simply Fabulous!”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #121 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 April 2013

There is no other hotel in NYC, that has amazing rooms, is in a prime location near key restaurants, the shopping district, time square and the show district. Staff is incredible. Hotel is so clean you can eat off the floors! I would not recommend any other hotel. It maybe a boutique property, but it trumps any chain hotel in the city! You will not be disappointed. I saw a couple negative reviews, and out of all the times I have stayed at this property, I have never had a complaint. I have recommended friends and family, and they loved it, and can't wait to come back to stay at Cassa Hotel. Don't believe the negative hype from the few people on here, who must not know an incredible hotel, when they see one. Trust me!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JETSETCRICKET247
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Wow thank you so much. This is really nice to hear and I am so proud to run this little secret gem of a hotel! Please tell your friends we need all the new customers we can take as well as welcome back the regulars!

There are newer reviews for Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have just returned to Australia after spending 5 nights in NYC and staying at The Cassa Hotel. We were upgraded upon arrival which was fabulous and we were very happy with the room. Very modern and clean, comfortable bed, great bathroom and flatscreen TV. Athough our room was facing the street it was surprisingly quiet. The location is great - a very easy walk to lots of attractions - times square, rockerfeller centre, Grand Central station, Central Park, 5th Ave, Madison Square Garden and many more. The staff were wonderful - friendly, welcoming and always had a smile. Eric was great and very knowledgeable - he helped us with what we wanted to see (along with suggesting other things) and how we needed to get there. The only negative is no free wifi in the rooms - but it is available at a charge per 24hours if you want it. You can also get free wifi access in the lounge on the 10th floor. All in all, we had a great stay and were very happy with our choice of hotel. We would definitely recommend it to others and would stay again if we were lucky enough to go back to NYC!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for the great review of CASSA! I am so pleased that you were able to see everything in town there was to see and most within walking distance of the hotel! Please try to make it back to New York soon and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Cassa before. Their hotel staff is amazing!! This time I stayed in an executive room, and it was incredible! I have to say that I could not imagine staying anywhere else in the city. I am in NYC, so I do not need to stay at a hotel normally. When friends or family come into town, I most times make a point to stay over a couple nights, so I can show them around, and ultimately be closer to them.. The decor and style of the rooms is unmatched by any other hotel in NYC in my opinion. The rooms are not the size of a mini shoe closet. The 10th floor is phenomenal. A business center, lounging area-living room, and a bartender making cocktails! Who can beat this? The only thing that I didn't care for is the price of valet. $60 p/n is a little steep, especially when local car garages are $40 or $48 p/n. More courtesy pricing should be extended to your guests! Other than that..five out of five stars! Location is everything, and Cassa is near all restaurants, Broadway shows, Time Square and other major attractions!

Cassa Hotel has a European feel about it. Its like a cross between that and a Beverly Hills/W.Hollywood CA experience!! I love...love...love Cassa Hotel! Opulence in the city that never sleeps!

• Stayed: April 2013

Are you a professional travel writer? This is the most amazing review i have had the pleasure of reading of any hotel I have ever worked at!! Thank you so so very much!
PLEASE come back again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I travel to NYC 3-4 times a year to do business meetings and see theater. I'm 49 years old and have grown tired of "modern" hotels that have a bed and just enough floor to walk around the bed. I'm also tired of hotels that are basically discos with rooms. For a while I've tried to say as far from Times Square as I could because of the throngs of people.

I decided to stay at the Cassa as one of my friends just relocated from Los Angeles to work there. I feared it would be too close to Times Square and Broadway, but I went ahead and booked my stay for 10 days.

All my concerns mysteriously disappeared the moment I walked in. I was greeted by an extremely courteous and knowledgeable staff. I was shown to a proper room, that actually had room to walk around in and a very nice bathroom (I'm still missing that shower).

The location of the hotel was perfect. 46th Street heats up west of Broadway, but between 5th and 6th was a little bit of heaven. Not as busy as some other streets and I had no trouble getting cabs right outside of the hotel.

A lot of my meetings were near the hotel, and of course, all the plays I saw, with the exception of one that was playing at Lincoln Center were in walking distance as were some of my favorite pre and post theater restaurants and bars. The location couldn't be more perfect.

My room, beyond it's spaciousness was delightfully quiet. After a day of hustle and bustle, it was wonderfully relaxing to return to my quiet room and really relax.

As my stay was a long one, I became friendly with the staff, and found that I had made some friends by the end of my stay. It's very nice to be greeted by name when you walk in.

The Cassa NY is my new home away from home in NYC. I have no qualms about returning as my stay was as close to perfect as possible. My only problem was getting out of the confort of my bed on time to make my meetings.

It's a lovely place with very nice people and perfect for both business or pleasure trip, single or families in a very convenient location.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 18th floor and it was very quiet. Heard no street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Brett A-
Thank you for the very full review! We appreciate your 10 days with us. I am happy that you will be coming back! I promise we will have a restaurant by the time you get back here in the Fall! I think we are in a great spot as well, very central but not too close to the madness of Times Square. Again thank you for the full review and do not hesitate to reach out next time your travels bring you to NYC!
Cheers,

Reviewed 21 April 2013

À Great hotel, clean room, comfortable (soft) bed, superb shower and fantastic location. 5th afrond THE corner, 10minutes walk to times square. Great deli (cranberries) nearby. We enjoyed our stay and would love to come back!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! I will have to check out the cranberries..!!
Come back and visit us again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2013

As first timers to NYC this was the perfect place to stay. Cassa is centrally located with Star Bucks directly across the road for early morning breakfast on the run. The rooms were modern and the staff were really helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. UPDATE: Starbuck's closed recently apparently they rasised their rent, but not to worry there are 2 more within 2 blocks of the hotel!
Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Cassa hotel is in a great location literally in the heart of NY. The room was absolutely spotless, bed was comfy bathroom was spotless and very modern. The staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. I was worried about the weight of my suitcase for my return flight but I needn't have been the staff at reception had some scales and weighed it. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food but the lounge was also spotless. I would definitely stay at Cassa again great value for money. Am planning a return trip next year to NY and will definitely book Cassa hotel again ! The only thing I would have liked is tea and coffee facilities in the room. There's nothing like a cuppa after a hard days shopping! The wi-fi isn't free in the rooms but if you go to the Lounge its free there. Can be a bit of a pain so we did buy a couple of days access. Would highly recommend Cassa to anyone I can't fault the staff they were fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for the rave review! We so appreciate the time you took to write such a thoughtful post. Please do book us again!