“Lovely Hotel”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #118 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have stayed at Cassa Hotel twice and both times have been great! It is greatly located and close to shopping. The restaurant "Butter" is amazing! Can't wait til they start serving breakfast. Great overall experience and the price is just right.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Butter starts Brunch on March 2nd. Breakfast should start a few weeks after that.

Cheers!
CASSA Hotel NY

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife and I spent 5 nights here during the freezing conditions at the start of the year. This was counteracted by the warm reception we had by all the staff. It was our anniversary and they kindly upgraded us to a wonderful suite with a bottle of French wine and Belgian Chocolates to celebrate. The room was comfy and the shower had an amazing view of Time Square. Due to the adverse weather conditions we found Internet access helped us to find great restaurants close by (thanks to the Trip Advisor App) and check what was working or not. Overall the place is fantastically located on the edge of Time Square. There is a snazzy looking Restaurant with an interesting menu. Very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are short on storage so cases will need to be stacked in the room and not out the way.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. So happy we could shelter you during the coldest winter in NY in decades.
Please come see us in the sunny and warm months!
Warm Regards
GM of CASSA Hotel NY

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed there last week for the week. I've tried the NY Palace and the Parker Meridien etc etc. and this is the one I shall return to. Simple but modern. Down to earth but spotless. Straight forward but cosy. Class act, friendly staff, cracking location. See you again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the sounding endorsement!
Please take advantage of our special promo code for the repeat guests, use BFF at check out on our site and the special will be revealed!

Warm Regards,
GM of CASSA Hotel NY

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Cassa Hotel exceeded our expectations! Our reservations through Expedia were seamless and we arrived to a well-appointed room - modern and very clean with all the extras. The hotel is "tall" so you have only a few neighbors on each floor. It felt like our own small apartment in Midtown. Location is perfect and Front Desk exceptional. Breaksfast was not included, but there are several coffee and breakfast options nearby. Overall a VERY good value for a great central Midtown location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy P, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review! Please come and visit us again!
Regards,
GM /CASSA

Reviewed 25 January 2014

10:30 PM, 5 degrees out and the wind is howling down from the Arctic. Grand Central Station is…packed with commuters, all standing, waiting for trains that had stopped running hours earlier. No way home, and no relief in sight: "equipment issues." Doesn't this only happen in airports?

A quick TripAdvisor search, a phone call to Cassa, bent into the wind. Two blocks to get to them, a sprint. Eyes frozen, slush lakes at the curb. We spot the hotel's doors. In!

We were greeted by name. Our room was ready. It was sleek, well thought out, silent, warm. Dove into a hot shower. Hot water from above, from the sides. Gradually thawed out.

Elapsed time, Grand Central to Cassa relief: 5 minutes. Only in New York.

Everything you'd want in a city hotel. Great staff: friendly, efficient. Perfect location. We'll be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was very impressed with the customer service from the front desk . The representative gave me individual attention was extremely helpful. Great location. I would definitely return just for the service ly

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Cassa for the first time in January. We visit NYC a few times a year and I was attending a work conference and I did not want to stay in the Disneyland Hyatt! We are HUGE fans of the Viceroy Hotel's- having hosted my 50th birthday at the one in Palm Springs. Again, expectations on my part. This is a great hotel- fantastic location and attentive staff. Unfortunately, I had expectations that weren't true or possible. No coffee in the rooms, no room service, no " lounge" or bar available, no ice except for calling the front desk. Not huge things but my expectation was more. Coffee is available for $4.00 on the 10th floor during their continental breakfast. However, " to go" cups were never available- so in the very cold ( I'm from LA)- I had to get dressed to go out of the hotel to get coffee- spoiled I guess, but again expectations. Wi-Fi is a whole different issue which I believe the hotel is addressing but it isn't convenient. Coming home from my conference I wanted a glass of wine- which becomes very difficult because the restaurant in the hotel ( very nice restaurant) isn't set up where you can order a drink and take it to your room. So, would I stay here again, yes. Now that I know what to expect- my recommendation for the hotel is to consider making coffee available, especially during the winter in some form other than the 10th floor and if that isn't possible- it should be comp'd and to go cups available.

Room Tip: The Viceroy offers you an "upgrade" option for a fee when you reserve. We have done it tw...
3  Thank minimikey