“Perfect location and great staff”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #112 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being an extra block from Times Square made this hotel quieter and the street was not so hectic. The Jr.suite was worth the few extra dollars. It had one of the largest bathrooms I have had in a NYC hotel. The bed and bedding were top notch and the room nice and cool. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked through hotel.com. Hope I can find the same deal for my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizxabeth
Write a ReviewReviews (2,209)

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing location, ideal base to get out and about in New York.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever too much. The rooms were lovely and clean, nicely done too.

The free wifi on the 10th floor was great too. A lovely area too, you could sit out and watch and listen to the world go by.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayHayNay
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Cassa for one night and then returned a week later for 2 nights. The hotel is in a great position, very close to Times Square and a nice walk from Central Park. I was catching a bus from the Port Authority and it was possible to walk the few blocks with my bags easily. The rooms are lovely and I was upgraded to a queen room on the second visit which was even nicer. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank jlwnz
Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment I arrived at Cassa, I felt like I'd entered into a sanctuary in the middle of the world's city. Luxury, comfort, and location; three must haves for me when staying abroad. The hotel staff went out of their way every day to accommodate my needs. From helping me navigate the labyrinth that is the NYC subway system to making sure I didn't forget an umbrella when leaving for dinner and a show. Of course eating at Cassa is a treat as well, the restaurant was comfortable and reasonably priced, and they don't hesitate to bring their culinary "A" game every day. Whenever I'm in Midtown Manhattan I will have a home away from home @ Cassa. I'm headed out to SF soon and am looking forward to staying at Hotel Zetta, which I'm sure is great too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friend from out of town came to stay with me and wanted a true NYC experience. The location of Cassa was ideal for our adventures in the city and Butter was EPIC- I can still taste the scallops. The room itself was spacious luxurious and the shower was lovely. I hope to stay again soon and will be telling my friends about this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I were in NYC for our anniversary celebrating with a great dinner and a Broadway Play. I made and cancelled several hotel reservations until I came across Cassa. The location was perfect as our dining venue was at the same address and the theater was only 2 blocks away. Our room was small but functional. The bathroom was larger than most we have encountered in NYC and the shower was wonderful. The bed appeared to be soft but once we got in to sleep, it was very comfortable.

There were many small things that would keep me from staying here again beginning with pre arrival. I completed the information requested in the pre arrival email questionnaire. I was asked for my arrival time even though an early check in in was not guaranteed. I agreed to accept and pay for any upgrade that was available thi8nking it would get us a room sooner. Despite this, our room was not available until after 3 PM and no upgrades were offered. In that same pre arrival questionnaire, it asked if we were celebrating any special occasions. I remarked that we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. I would have expected, at least, a Happy Anniversary greeting as we checked in. During our stay not one word was mentioned of our special day. When we were finally able to get into a room, there was an envelope under our door with my name on it. Inside was a coupon to use for Continental Breakfast. Unfortunately, we stayed on a Saturday evening and the breakfast was not available on Sunday. I don't know why they bothered to give us the coupon. The windows in the room were so filthy on the outside, one could barely see out of them. I should have kept my reservation at the Marriott Marquis at the same rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hedo_traveler
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was traveling for business and got a great rate here. Rooms were small but tastefully decorated. Guest service was outstanding! This is extremely convenient when visiting the Midtown/Times Square Region.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business