“Outstanding Customer Service!”

Ranked #123 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our stay at the Cassa was wonderful. It started with a welcome by the lovely front desk worker. She went out of her way to accommodate us. We had just come in from a cruise and got to the hotel much earlier than our check in time. She let me know that the valet is 24 hours and helped me stretch out some time with on street parking while we went for breakfast. Our room was ready much earlier than we had requested at reservation, so we were able to check in early and rest. Room was clean, modern and good size. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was spacious and well appointed (great shower!). In the weeks prior, the concierge communicated with me to inquire about our needs during the stay. This was very helpful in offering some wonderful recommendations for dining. Room was great and the staff made the stay even better. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We went to Manhattan for a long weekend stayed here two nights. The location is walking distance to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, shopping and Central Park. This hotel is beautiful! The room we had was perfect for my husband and I. Construction was going on outside but we didn't hear a thing. We were so pleased with the beauty of our room and great location that we will definitely stay here again. Staff was so accommodating and helpful. Love the Neil George products so much had to buy some to take home for myself and gifts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nfguz
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After looking at so many various hotel reviews, I chose Cassa. I got a great rate online but it put us in a room with a double bed. I was wary of that but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as small as people have said. It was perfect for me and my daughter. I can't say enough about the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (including my own). The pillows were perfect! After a loooong NYC day, we loved coming back to the room to take a glorious rain shower. The shower is fantastic and the Neil George bath soaps are to die for!!! Housekeeping was superb! When you walk into the lobby, it smells like a spa. So relaxing! I read a review that someone commented of the cute doormen. Yes, they are very easy on the eyes, attentive and welcoming. We were on the 6th floor and there wasn't a NYC view but I didn't care about that. It was quiet and a great place to chill after a long day of sightseeing. It's close to EVERYTHING!!! The subway is a few blocks away and there is a market around the corner to get food and drinks for decent prices. Because if it's central location, its convenient for stopping back in to drop of souvenirs instead of carrying them all day. I will never stay anywhere other than Cassa if I get to visit NYC again. My only regret is that I couldn't take that awesome bed and pillows home with me. Thank you Cassa!

• Stayed August 2014
Italy
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My son booked four nights at this hotel for us as a birthday present for my husband and what a great choice he made. The hotel is in a really great location, a short walk from Times Square, 5th Avenue, Broadway and other famous sights. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with modern decor and free wifi in the room. I can't comment on the hotel's restaurant, Butter, because we didn't eat there but I can tell you that complimentary tea and coffee is available in the lobby until 11.30am every day, which we took advantage of before each exhausting day's sightseeing! As for the staff, well I can't praise them enough. I'd forgotten my adaptor and they lent me one to use during our stay and they also made a wonderful gesture towards my son to make his gift to us even more special. Thanks to all the staff who were always courteous and greeted you with a smile which, to my mind, makes all the difference. And, while I'm at it, thanks too to our wonderful son!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a five night stay, with a Standard Room (as booked through Expedia) on the 26th Floor.

We were very pleased with the location of the hotel; with just a short walk to Times Square, the Rockefeller building, Empire State and main shopping streets - this was ideally situated for us. Despite our room being on the street side, this is not a busy road and we found it very quiet at night (though being so far away from the road will definitely have helped!).

The room was larger than we expected, with a Queen sized bed, two chairs, large flatscreen television, small fridge, safe, iron and board, hairdryer, lovely clean white towels and a gorgeous looking white cube-shaped radio. The storage space for clothing is limited, though there were plenty of hangars. Decorated in shades of cream and green, this presented as a lovely modern room. The clean and contemporary tiled bathroom contained a large shower (with great temperatures that didn't falter), sink with mixer tap and British 'water saving' style of toilet. The only negative I can pick out here is that as the hotel has chosen white enamel style bathroom accessories, these had a fair few chips out of the edges (bound to happen when in contact with stone and hard materials) which detracted ever-so-slightly from the overall finish.

The staff we encountered here were friendly, polite and seemed happy to please. We had a slight problem with the keycard access to our room - though on the way to reception to ask for help, we met the maintenance man. We didn't even make it to the reception as he came straight back up to the 26th floor with us and tested the cards out. It seems the readers can be a bit fussy - Make sure to press your keycard to the right hand side of the reader on pulling it out! On leaving the hotel we were able to store our suitcase (at no extra charge) whilst we explored one last time before setting off for the airport.

Given the very reasonable room price, we felt this modern, clean and friendly hotel was great value for money. I'd happily recommend it.

1 Thank TeaAndToffee
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came into the city for a quick getaway and selected this hotel since it was a VIP Access hotel through Expedia +Gold. We're very happy with the choice, the location is perfect, the hotel staff was very inviting and the lobby area is quite unique. Of course, being a midtown hotel, the space is at a premium but they used it well. We were happy to get a free upgrade to a King Deluxe room upon check-in as a +Gold member because we were a little nervous at the size of the smaller rooms. The room was very clean and well appointed, other than a half empty bottle of root beer hiding in the mini fridge, and a seemingly missing painting above the bed (room 2401).

We'll definitely be looking at the Cassa when we return to the city in November.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at Cassa for one night for a quick NY getaway. The room was nice and clean and I loved that they had a walk-in shower with glass doors instead of a bathtub with shower curtain. It definitely made the bathroom feel much larger. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and very convenient to the theaters. We ate at Butter which was great - I think the only downfall was that one of the concierge booked us for brunch at a French restaurant and they really didn't have brunch. I think she just needed more experience or something.