“Nice location, super small room”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #107 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice location, super small room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I booked my room via hotel tonight which i normally don't do and i won't do it again. The room in the casa hotel i got was extremely small, not cosy at all. There was no nice atmosphere in the room and i didn't like the service at the front desk at all. Maybe i would have gotten a better service if i booked not via Hotel Tonight but anyway i won't be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Emmanuel V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We enjoyed a night at the Cassa Hotel for a special anniversary and also enjoyed the Butter Restaurant! Both were fantastic and contributed to a fun weekend. The location is amazing. We were close to everything, including Times Square, without being in the middle of it all. We could walk anywhere in the greatest city in the world from this central location. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Our room overlooked a very cute courtyard as part of the Butter Restaurant so it felt like we were in a small city when we looked out the window but there we were in the heart of New York. The rooms are definitely on the smaller side but not too bad and the bathrooms made up for it with a spacious area and up-to-date and trendy fixtures and overall design. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They called the room 10 minutes after I checked in to see how everything was and when I arrived to the hotel they actually offered an early check in. They really cared about our comfort there and everyone was proactive in trying to anticipate our needs without being pushy about it. Just an outstanding staff all around. They should all be commended for making this such a great experience. We don't usually stay at the hotel restaurant but planned it this way because we really wanted to experience Butter. It was a great restaurant. The space was comfortable and trendy without being over the top. We were seated at a large comfortable booth in the center of the restaurant and just loved the location. The waitstaff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Overall a great time. Even with the name Butter we found healthy choices (except for that amazing and delicious beignet! wow!). We look forward to returning to the hotel and restaurant and highly recommend both.

Room Tip: Courtyard view was really charming but depending on interests others might prefer city view. We love...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYTraveler273
Jennifer V, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
NYTraveler273,
Thank you for the fabulous review and for celebrating your anniversary with us. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience at Butter. Thank you for highlighting the excellent hospitality experienced with both the hotel and restaurant colleagues. I will be sure to share your feedback.
Again, thank you for the glowing recommendation; we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,
Jennifer
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our stay at the Cassa was wonderful. It started with a welcome by the lovely front desk worker. She went out of her way to accommodate us. We had just come in from a cruise and got to the hotel much earlier than our check in time. She let me know that the valet is 24 hours and helped me stretch out some time with on street parking while we went for breakfast. Our room was ready much earlier than we had requested at reservation, so we were able to check in early and rest. Room was clean, modern and good size. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was spacious and well appointed (great shower!). In the weeks prior, the concierge communicated with me to inquire about our needs during the stay. This was very helpful in offering some wonderful recommendations for dining. Room was great and the staff made the stay even better. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We went to Manhattan for a long weekend stayed here two nights. The location is walking distance to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, shopping and Central Park. This hotel is beautiful! The room we had was perfect for my husband and I. Construction was going on outside but we didn't hear a thing. We were so pleased with the beauty of our room and great location that we will definitely stay here again. Staff was so accommodating and helpful. Love the Neil George products so much had to buy some to take home for myself and gifts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nfguz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

After looking at so many various hotel reviews, I chose Cassa. I got a great rate online but it put us in a room with a double bed. I was wary of that but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as small as people have said. It was perfect for me and my daughter. I can't say enough about the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (including my own). The pillows were perfect! After a loooong NYC day, we loved coming back to the room to take a glorious rain shower. The shower is fantastic and the Neil George bath soaps are to die for!!! Housekeeping was superb! When you walk into the lobby, it smells like a spa. So relaxing! I read a review that someone commented of the cute doormen. Yes, they are very easy on the eyes, attentive and welcoming. We were on the 6th floor and there wasn't a NYC view but I didn't care about that. It was quiet and a great place to chill after a long day of sightseeing. It's close to EVERYTHING!!! The subway is a few blocks away and there is a market around the corner to get food and drinks for decent prices. Because if it's central location, its convenient for stopping back in to drop of souvenirs instead of carrying them all day. I will never stay anywhere other than Cassa if I get to visit NYC again. My only regret is that I couldn't take that awesome bed and pillows home with me. Thank you Cassa!

• Stayed August 2014
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My son booked four nights at this hotel for us as a birthday present for my husband and what a great choice he made. The hotel is in a really great location, a short walk from Times Square, 5th Avenue, Broadway and other famous sights. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with modern decor and free wifi in the room. I can't comment on the hotel's restaurant, Butter, because we didn't eat there but I can tell you that complimentary tea and coffee is available in the lobby until 11.30am every day, which we took advantage of before each exhausting day's sightseeing! As for the staff, well I can't praise them enough. I'd forgotten my adaptor and they lent me one to use during our stay and they also made a wonderful gesture towards my son to make his gift to us even more special. Thanks to all the staff who were always courteous and greeted you with a smile which, to my mind, makes all the difference. And, while I'm at it, thanks too to our wonderful son!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a five night stay, with a Standard Room (as booked through Expedia) on the 26th Floor.

We were very pleased with the location of the hotel; with just a short walk to Times Square, the Rockefeller building, Empire State and main shopping streets - this was ideally situated for us. Despite our room being on the street side, this is not a busy road and we found it very quiet at night (though being so far away from the road will definitely have helped!).

The room was larger than we expected, with a Queen sized bed, two chairs, large flatscreen television, small fridge, safe, iron and board, hairdryer, lovely clean white towels and a gorgeous looking white cube-shaped radio. The storage space for clothing is limited, though there were plenty of hangars. Decorated in shades of cream and green, this presented as a lovely modern room. The clean and contemporary tiled bathroom contained a large shower (with great temperatures that didn't falter), sink with mixer tap and British 'water saving' style of toilet. The only negative I can pick out here is that as the hotel has chosen white enamel style bathroom accessories, these had a fair few chips out of the edges (bound to happen when in contact with stone and hard materials) which detracted ever-so-slightly from the overall finish.

The staff we encountered here were friendly, polite and seemed happy to please. We had a slight problem with the keycard access to our room - though on the way to reception to ask for help, we met the maintenance man. We didn't even make it to the reception as he came straight back up to the 26th floor with us and tested the cards out. It seems the readers can be a bit fussy - Make sure to press your keycard to the right hand side of the reader on pulling it out! On leaving the hotel we were able to store our suitcase (at no extra charge) whilst we explored one last time before setting off for the airport.

Given the very reasonable room price, we felt this modern, clean and friendly hotel was great value for money. I'd happily recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple