“Great massage and atmosphere”

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York spans 14,500 feet high above Manhattan. Honoring Mandarin Oriental’s eastern culture and heritage while incorporating influences from the cultural diversity of New York City, the Five-Star spa offers holistic rejuvenation in a tranquil, meditative setting. Within The Spa, a 6,000-square-foot fitness center offers a range of cardiovascular and weight training equipment, plus a 75-foot lap pool bathed in natural sunlight from floor-to-ceiling windows provides Hudson River views.
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great massage and atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been here 3 or 4 times already, if you would like to experience a spa as it's meant to then you should definitely choose the Mandarin Oriental. As soon as you walk in, you are asked to fill out a quick form and offered an herbal tea, which is delicious. Afterwards, you are taken to the locker room, very spacious and nicely furnished. You will be given a Frette bathrobe (super comfy :D) and will be able to use any of the amenities the place has to offer. The steam room almost looks like a cave, very relaxing with soft "natual" light coming from above; the oxigenized pool is amazing, I always try to spend a half hour there before my massage. Complimentary towel service and fruit infused water in every room make the better. You can take advantage of the relaxation room either before or after (or even both) your session, the are four or five nicely cushioned lounge chairs with a view over Manhattan and central park; also infused water, hot tea, fresh and dried fruit is available for you here. Both women's relaxation room and sauna/spa are separated from the men's, so you don't have to worry about carrying a bathing suit on you. The only thing I would change is the room where you wait for your therapist, it's a common area right after the entrance, I would prefer something a little more secluded. All the massage therapists I have seen so far have been amazing, they do a great job and are very careful about deliverying an exceptional experience, to the last detail. It is pricey though, a 50 min massage costs about $230, before taxes and tip (with a 20% tip - absolutely well deserved - it adds up to about $285). But I have tried so many other smaller places and been disappointed so many times that I would rather have less sessions but avoid wasting my money anywhere else. I still have to try the couples suite experience, but for that I guess I will have to wait for a very special occasion, since it goes for about $1500! :)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Alice_W85

Long Island City, New York
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Absolute luxury”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place took luxury to a whole new level. The massage here was unbelievable. My masseuse really knew how to take those knots out, and left me feeling totally relaxed. The setting was tranquil and the lounge area has a great view of the city. Would definitely come back here again.

Visited February 2014
United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Once again.....PERFECT”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This spa never seems to disappoint. I can honestly say it is the best I have been to and I have traveled many places and always try to indulge in a spa treat.

Visited December 2013
New York
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Top of the line TLC”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This spa is top of the line. My husband treated me to a half day and to this day I dream of the hot stone pedicure I had. It was the best pedi I've ever had. I followed this with the most relaxing facial in a beautiful room with sky high views. Just beware you will pay a pretty penny. It's worth a once a year excursion!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DRoman
Los angeles
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Doesn't Get ANY better. Top of the line , pure”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This was not my first visit and will certainly not be my last. Wow. Had an amazing day at the Mandarin Oriental spa at Columbus circle, NY
Lajuana was an amazing facialist
And with the short amount of massage I got with the 50 min treatment I know that I will be back to have lajuanA give me a massage. She was amazing and kind and professional

The locker room is perfect, the Heat Experoence room is like heaven and the relaxation lounge is amazing and so are the views from the 35th floor

This is one of lives highest luxuries. I am in love with this spa and rate it as high as anything can be rated.