“Very good and fresh Ramen”
Review of Hide-Chan Ramen

Hide-Chan Ramen
Ranked #1,108 of 14,395 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This small upstairs restaurant has wonderful ramen. We had Basil Gyosa ($6) which was different and very tasty. We had the Spicy-Black Ramen dente medium (the noodles are thin and fresh) ($12.50/each). Definitely a full meal. Service was very good and we were there later at night about 830PM and there were few people, so easy to get a table. Have heard that many people wait in long lines to get in at peak hours. Basic tables and sushi bar.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I arrived at 2.20 pm for a late lunch following an urge for ramen & a quick google search for a place near my hotel. At that time of day it was easy to get a seat at the counter. On ordering I was told that there was a free extra topping since it was Monday (must be a slow day). But also that the place shuts at 3pm. That was fine for me since the ramen arrived quickly & they were gone in no time. Really tasty food. Recommended.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The ramen here is excellent. You can order to your taste, I ordered medium dente and rich broth. It's very flavorfull, The place was packed with Japanese people which in my book is a good thing. I waited perhaps 25 minutes for a seat at the counter. They do rush you a bit so it's not exactly a chill out and eat style place. I would say in the top 5 Ramen's that I've had in NYC but the wait and having to rush kinda spoils it for me personally. They did not have Hiyashi Chuka which I've been on a quest for this summer.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The ramen here is pretty good. Nothing extraordinary though. Try the gyoza and tonkotsu ramen. Avoid the firm noodles.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

It was freezing outside... Its a small place... Up the stairs... If you don't know about it, you can miss it...
I was the only guest in the restaurant...
There is nothing much to say about the decor or the service. I was sitting at the Ramen "bar".
They recommended the house known Zen-Nose Deluxe Ramen.
They were right! It was extremely good.
It was the right day for a meal in a soup...
If you like Ramen, you'll like Hide-Chan Ramen, as I did.