“Funny Comedians and a Great Time!”
Review of Dangerfield's

Dangerfield's
Ranked #122 of 151 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Comedy club on the Upper East Side
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friends and I went here over the weekend and I thought it was SO much fun. Was it expensive? Yes, but then again it's NYC. Drinks were $12 but our tickets were $5 so I can't complain about the price. There was an introductory MC and then there were 3 stand-up comedians. Even an old time staff member came on stage to finish the night off. They were all hilarious and really interacted with the crowd. If you're in the hot seats, the first few rows, be ready to get roasted LOL. I would definitely go back again, I couldn't stop laughing and my stomach was in pain at the end of the 1 hour and 45 minute show from all the laughing I did -- I'm surprised I didn't spit my drink out during the routines.

Also this is for an adult crowd and someone who doesn't get offended easily. Let's be honest, you know there are going to be racist jokes so if you don't like that, maybe skip this place.

1  Thank musicman85

Reviewed 19 May 2014

BEWARE - they are running a scam there: the coat woman sees a large group of people and she somehow gives one coat ticket less than the number of people in the group, then the most expensive coat evaporates in thin air, and when you start asking about the coat location, they have a crew ready to surround you to hide from the club going crowd and to escort you outside, making sure you don't make sounds.
This happened a while ago, when i was a new immigrant with other really nice people from new jersey (now that i am a real new yorker, this would never work for them, but back then this is what the club manager did to us). And - thank God for internet so that others can read it.
Again - BEWARE, people!!!

1  Thank nat S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Average comedy, but the real deal breaker was the overpriced watered down drinks, the 8 mandatory drinks (for 4) came to $135, and there were little if any liquor in any glass. even the mixers were watered down, cranberry, ginger ale, everything was about the same shade of clear. We did intend to eat here, but after the drinks, we would not dare. Would never go back, to be ripped off like that. It just seemed pointless. When I left, I went to a pub just to have a drink!

1  Thank David D
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This "comedy" club was disappointing all around.

Pros: none.

Cons: $20 cover per person; 2-drink minimum (they're expensive and watery); food is terrible; the comedy was the worst I've seen. The atmosphere is dated and grimy, and the jokes are either vulgar or nonexistent. There were times when you could hear a pin drop.

I read on the Dangerfield's website that they don't allow amateurs to perform; however, the routines were generally bad, unpracticed, and boring.

The cost for the two of us, including the cover, was $120. Save your money.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We were given tickets by a man handing them out in Times Square, so we decided to check it out, and we're glad we did. It's a classic old place w/historic pics on the walls. The standup comedians were hilarious!
Like most NY comedy clubs, you are required to buy two drinks per person--the drinks average about $12/each (even for my small, weak, cranberry and vodka drink), but since we didn't pay for tickets we didn't mind.