“Excellent food in a pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Serra Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Serra Mediterranean Bistro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Madison and 5th Ave.
Newark, New Jersey
“Excellent food in a pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I've dined with friends at Serra on several different occasions. Each time I've returned because of the food - on one occasion, I had the gnocchi, on another the lamb - and I really enjoyed the meals. The atmosphere is very conducive to visiting with family and friends, or for a quiet date. The service was excellent - oh - and the desserts were superb! It is well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank larigot

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A wonderful port in a storm!”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The day after hurricane Irene we were walking around several New York districts looking for a decent restaurant for lunch. After two hours of trudging past closed restaurants and searching in vain we stumbled across Serra. What a find! We were welcomed in by a very laid back guy who was happy for us to sit anywhere. There was only one item on the menu that they didn't have (we expected many things to be off during a weekend when the city that never sleeps seemed to be closed!). Between us we ate the tuna tartar, carpaccio of beef, seafood paella and pasta. The main courses were superb but the tuna and the beef starters were the best we have tasted anywhere. After we commented on how good the food was the front of house guy brought the chef out to meet us. When we had finished our coffees and paid he invited us to sit in the bar area with a free digestif. A truly relaxing, gastronomic experience.

• Visited August 2011
Bourron-Marlotte, France
“A nice and "cozy" place.”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

It's a very nice restaurant. We have been welcomed with a smile which is not the case everywhere, this is the first step.
The menu is quite limited, but it's enough. We took pasta and risotto, and it was delicious. Portion are enough sized to have a dessert. And it's a good thing because both the "creme brulee" and the tiramisu were excellent ! The kid menu is also good.
We tried one glass each of Chardonnay and it smelt good and is good.
Finally, the Cheif (from switzerland) cames and checked if everything was ok. We felt good.
One detail, tips are already included in the bill.
Good place to have a dinner.

New York City, New York
“good for tourists, not good for new yorkers”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is a good restaurant in kind of a weird neighborhood. Its attached to a hotel which one can guess makes up for most of its clientele. Surprisingly the food was VERY good and we really enjoyed our meal. One complaint was that the restaurant was practically empty and yet they still sat us (2 people) right next to another couple of two at one of those tables that are like 5 inches apart. It makes for an awkward dining experience when the restaurant is quiet and you can hear everything the couple next to you is saying.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Jessie S
Mestre, Italy
“Amazingly delicous”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have been visiting New York from Europe almost four times a year from Italy and I am always trying to explore best Italian food in New York which are thousands to choose from, but very costly. As I am doing at my visits, I took them to dinner to Serra Bistro. (I was recommended from my hotel concierge when I asked "good Italian pasta" although they had a restaurant next to their hotel). Absolutely amazing, my group loved it, most of them had fresh pasta, one of them had a Paella, cooked by order and I had the best Branzino, a local fish from Mediterranean, that I have eaten outside of Italy. And be sure, I travel almost half of the year to almost every continent !!!. The finish was impeccable with a light, very soft Tiramisu accompanied accompanied with a sweet wine, Marchesi Di Barolo. How I remember the name, that's the wine from the region that I was born ;-))

• Visited January 2011