“Great little spot for exploring SOHO”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #218 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Jersey
“Great little spot for exploring SOHO”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just spent a night at this hotel so we could explore soho and nyc. It is in a great location and you can easily walk to a bunch of great neighborhoods for eating, drinking and nightlife. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and offered a free upgrade to a larger room. The room was not large but was well set up, clean and comfortable so I have no complaints. You are right next to a subway stop so you can shoot uptown or downtown with ease and you have a world class chocolate shop around the corner. Overall, I was very pleased and think it's a great choice for exploring lower manhattan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
As you mentioned the Hotel is conveniently located next to the #1 subway line, so it is very easy to enjoy the surrounding sites as well as get around the rest of Manhattan! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, got a great deal. Great location. The subway runs underneath the hotel. We had a lovely 10th floor room facing the street. Comfy king size bed, very modern and clean hotel. Great local restaurants and a nice change from the busy midtown area. Easy to get around and nice staff. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be quieter but high floors have nice views.
1 Thank Linpick
We are so very happy to see you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! Thank you for your business and we hope when your travels bring you back to NYC that we will have the chance to serve you again. Thank you!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently spent some time in the SOHO neighborhood of NYC. I was waiting for a very special event to take place and so did not have a real end date in mind. This hotel was in a great location for walking around this exciting area and wow did I walk! Everything was nearby! The lobby coffee shop was terrific . The front desk and all the other employes I encountered were as nice and helpful as they could be. The housekeeping was exceptional . The hotel made my stay most enjoyable, almost but not quite as enjoyable , as the afore mentioned event. A nice place to stay in the city, the small rooms were compensated by the big hearts of the entire staff.

Room Tip: ask for largest available
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank clb757
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay including clean room, convenient Starbucks in the lobby and freindly team! My Team prides itself on providing a warm and friendly experience as you mentioned! We hope when your travels bring you back to NYC, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back!
miami
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel. Only this time it was a leisure stay as opposed to a business stay. Same friendly and attentive staff as the 1st time around. I love the fact that there were only a few apartments per floor making it a small and quaint hotel. I got to walk everywhere from Soho to the West Village to the Meatpacking District to Chelsea. With the Subway 1 Line literally across the street it made going to the East side a total breeze. The room was clean, spacious for NY standards and pretty quite. My room was on the 15th floor and in the back of the building which wasn't bad at all. I had a view of a typical NY skyline and it was quite. I would definitely consider staying there again for the 3rd time should an opportunity arise. Kudos to everyone on the staff who were very pleasant and always greeted me with a smile.

Room Tip: If they offer you a room in the back of the building (don't fret yet!) just ask for one on the t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your recent review. As you mentioned the Hotel's location is very convenient to popular NYC destinations such as the Meatpacking District, West Village and more! I will be sure to share this review with my Team as they strive to provide a memorable stay for all of our Guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before we had to go to a family event in Conneticut. It is a great location close to the subway to go anywhere. The manager sent an email in advance of our trip welcoming me to her property. This doesn't happen hardly ever anymore. I contacted her and asked for an early check-in. While she couldn't confirm the early check-in our room was available when we arrived. The front desk personnel were very nice and I hope to stay there again soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cathdav
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear my Team was able to get you into your room when you arrived and that you enjoyed my welcome note! We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon. If you need anything prior to your next stay, please feel free to email me directly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Was there for the marathon and wanted to stay in lower Manhattan close to the neighbourhoods of Soho and Greenwich Village, having stayed in the touristy Times Square area in previous visits. The hotel was great, modern, clean rooms very close to the subway, and $18 in a cab from Times Square ( if you have the need).
The room wasn't huge, but then it is Manhattan. The only down side, there were no toiletries in the bathroom, apart from one small bar of soap that wasn't even replaced during the 3 night stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 13th floor facing 7th Avenue. It wasn't overly noisy but you could hear the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am glad to hear you overall enjoyed your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo. On behalf of my team, I would like to extend my sincere apology for your in-room bathroom amenities not being replensihed during your stay. I have already shared this review and feedback with my Housekeeping Team to ensure this type of error does not recur with future Guests. We hope you will have the chance to stay with us soon and thank you again for your business and taking the time to review your stay!
Chester Springs, PA
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a family wedding where all the events were located within 0.2 miles of the hotel. Very convenient for our two night stay. Super friendly AND helpful staff - who even loaned us a wheelchair to help us transport my dad to the wedding on Downing St. (How great of them!!)

My husband and I said we would definitely stay at this location for any future NYC visits. The hotel is newer, clean, has a friendly staff and we thought the rooms were a nice size considering NYC standards (even with a mini fridge!). Our room was located right by the elevator and facing Varick street and it was very quiet! Thank you to Martina and her team for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJODE
Thank you so much for your recent review regarding your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! I am so happy to hear that my Team was able to help you out with the wheelchair to ensure you were able to get around the city easily. I have already shared your feedback with my Team as they absolutely love it when our Guests have an overall great experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!