“Great Little Hotel”

Ranked #209 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Little Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Great spot to stay to enjoy NYC. Looks small but big on service. Best starbucks in lobby I have been too. Full service menu. Perfect for families going to NYC for vacation. Next to subway station. Very nice staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SCTravelmeister
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and the service!
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Traveled to New York to attend the Ralph Lauren runway show and chose the Courtyard New York Manhattan/SOHO for my stay. I called from the airport to verify a room was available since I was checking in early and the representative was very polite and helpful. Upon my arrival everyone was cheerful and made me feel "right at home". The staff help guide me to a great local pizzeria and I was off. The next day, the great snow storm of 14 arrived and the staff again was very helpful providing guidance on the best way to get around the local area and subway stops. What a wonderful team and you can't go wrong with a stay at this hotel. convenient, clean, and courteous. Among the best!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DinerDog
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will be your Hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to New York City. Thank you for your business!
Celina, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was a great room - it was your typical small NYC hotel room, but I don't hold that against them. I enjoyed the experience, the desk staff was amazingly polite, and the restaurant/coffee bar was decent. My bed was very comfy, but I had a hard time sleeping because of all of the noise on the street through the night. Again, I think this is an NYC thing rather than something specific to this hotel. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank So_It_Goes_16
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the service from my Team. When your travels bring you back to New York City, we hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again. If you request a high floor on your reservation, we will do our absolute best to accommodate this request. Thank you again!
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel the week after being at the Courtyard Herald Square, due to availability. The hotels are basically the same with very similar amenities (no real surprise) but did have one glaring dis-similarity. The complementary in-room internet was much better here than at the other Courtyard. I was able to view video with no problems & didn't have to pay an extra fee that it would have required at the Herald Square location.

Otherwise, this room had a smaller TV that at the Herald Square but the channels were identical. Each location had the same safe, mini-fridge, iron/board, etc. This hotel had a system that required the use of the room key to use the elevator, with can be obnoxious when you're carrying packages. Also, to me, this location isn't as convenient as the Herald Square location for a lot of reasons other than if you have business in this area. It's not a bad location, just not as good.

My biggest complaint here was with the hot water - I couldn't get hot (to me) water out of the sink. The shower would eventually produce hot (to me) water, but the sink never spewed any.
Such was not the case @ Herald Square.

Room Tip: A lot of which room you're assigned likely depends on your rate plan. Some rates likely only me...
Green Features: I did not notice any extra ordinary environmental practices. Maybe they save on fuel by keeping the hot water as tepid water.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fried003
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I want to begin by thanking you for your review and the nice things you had to say about our establishment, we truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee and everything we do is dedicated to providing our guest with the exceptional service that you have been accustomed to and I am sorry you didn’t experience that during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the issue you experienced with the hot water; I assure you it is at the top of our priority list and moving forward should no longer be an issue. In regards to the key for the elevator I do apologize that it can be a bit obnoxious, but I do hope you understand that our guest safety and security is of upmost importance to us. Thank you for your feedback and feel free to contact me directly if you plan to visit the New York City area in the near future and I will see to it that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is an update of a previous review originally posted in November 2013 (TA has an antiquated system that makes you delete first message by contacting them before editing - frustrating).

Courtyard SOHO is a great hotel loctated conveniently near the 1 subway line. Rooms are pretty spacious (we had 4 people in room and although it was a bit crowed, it was managable especially when you see other NYC rooms). Staff are extremely friendly always greeting you as you as you come and go. Starbucks in lobby. Design is modern and inviting.

I had a customer service issue during the stay which I addressed in my original review. Shortly after posting, I was contacted by Martina (General Manager) and she completely resorted my faith not only in this hotel, but in customer service altogether. She went WAY above and beyond to satisfy my concerns and worked with me to fix the issue at hand. I sincerely appreciated her time and effort.

If you want a clean, friendly hotel in a convenient location (SOHO is beautiful like most of the areas in NYC), you can't go wrong with Courtyard Marriott SOHO. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Check out SOHO and TriBeCa while you are in the area. You can walk to each (don't be lazy...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NYC_Lovers_4ever
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you again for your updated review and posting! On behalf of the entire team we are delighted we were able to reslve your issue and that you enjoyed the Hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We also stayed here over New Year and had an exceptional stay. The location is excellent,when the snow came down on new years day there was a great choice of many restaurants and bars close by in all price categories. The nearest subway stop is 1/2 a block away. The staff are superb, when we accidentally tripped an electric breaker the engineering manager arrived within ten minutes. The barman in the hotel bar was very nice and helpful as were all the front desk staff we met. The room was small but comfortable and room service did great job of servicing our room even though we always left late in the morning to explore New York in the cold

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Graham S
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello and thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay including the location of the Hotel, room cleanliness and service! We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights over New Year and had a great time. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The location is within easy walking distance from Greenwich Village and has plenty of nearby bars, restaurants and delis. We didn't use the hotel's bar so can't comment on that. The rooms are comfortable and ours, on the 14th floor had a view.
I loved the location; in a really interesting part of Manhattan with a lot of character and right by the subway. I would certainly recommend this hotel as somewhere to stay in New York.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for selecting the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo for your stay! We realize there are many Hotels to choose from in New York City and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.