“Optimal location for experiencing New York”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #223 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Helsinki, Finland
“Optimal location for experiencing New York”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Awesome optimal location in SoHo, two metrostops a short walk away, very clean rooms and good sleep quality! Very friendly and eagerly helpful service. Sound insulation could be better in the hotelrooms door but this is a common fault in hotelrooms. This did not impair our sleep quality though.

This was our first visit in New York and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Will recommend!

Tips:
Awesome breakfast nearby 12 Chairs, do try it! Breakfast-to-go try Essen. Even Starbucks right around the corner and many restaurants and shops just a short walk away. For quick supper I'd recommend Vien, and the original Joe's Pizza on Carmine St and King Wok on Varick.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay! I am looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff and serving you again in the future. Have a wonderful day and we will see you during your next trip to NYC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Service and mgt. were the worst I have ever seen in my life. Service was slow, unorganized with staff that lacks intelligence all add up to a bad combination. I had to wait for 15 minutes to park my car, even though they are supposed to have valet service. Internet did not work all day and night, check-in/check out was slow, people don't answer phones quickly, when you complain to manager he just defends his staff and does nothing to correct a horrendous overall problem with all aspects of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Robert M
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback as it is a huge contribution to our overall success. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and assure you moving forward they should no longer be an issue. Thank you again for staying with us and if I may be of further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Miami, FL
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights recently and was very pleased all around. The room was a tad small, but the bed was amazingly comfortable and all of the amenities were up to date.

The location is great, the subway stop is basically a block away and there are multiple eating options nearby (Essen is a cool food spot with all kinds of hot and cold items; eat in or carry out). The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. A great place to stay if you want to check out the lower portion of Manhattan; Soho is right outside the door, and West Village is mere blocks away.

I was able to stay here due to the generosity of another's points, so I cannot speak to price or value. In conclusion, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank doronfl
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will be your Hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to New York City. Thank you for your business!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Soho in March for a wedding. This is a newer hotel, very clean, with nice rooms in a good location. So many of the hotels in Manhattan are in older buildings, with small cramped rooms; this hotel is the opposite. This Courtyard is very similar to all the other Courtyard hotels, so there's nothhing "sexy" about it - no big, grand lobby, rooms are predictable business travel fare, but for me that was very comforting in New York. So often in the older, grand, Manhattan hotels you have to deal with the unpredictable - small rooms, heat/ac which is unreliable, etc. Also, I think the location in Lower Manhattan is a great spot for those visiting NY, especially if this is a return trip, and you want to see more of the "real NY" rather than just sight seeing. Soho and the Village, and now even the Meat Packing district are all great neighborhoods with plenty of fantastic restaurants, shopping and night life. This hotel is right in the middle of all that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dan62
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been staying at this property 2 nights per week for the past 5 years. Great staff; always accommodating for last-minute changes. A real home away from home. Right off the 1 train on Houston Street, with easy access to Financial District, Penn Station, and uptown.

Love this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JSTORian
WOW! What nice comments, and on behalf of the entire staff, we enjoy having you as our guest also! Thank you so much and we will see you soon.
Chicago
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my first stay in Soho - I go to NYC about once a year, but usually stay in Midtown or Upper East Side. So this was a whole new part of the city for me - and I loved it! In fact, it would probably be my preferred choice when I visit next. There are TONS of shops and restaurants just a few minutes walk away - really anything you could want from major brand labels to little boutiques. And the restaurants...I could spend weeks there just eating. Dominque Ansel's bakery (home of the famous cronut) is a 5-minute walk away. There's also a store that only sells rice pudding, tons of NY pizza places, Italian, health food, anything. I needed to make a quick lunch and there were a number of food trucks parked just outside. The Kimchee Taco truck was awesome! Anyway, I'm definitely sold on Soho.

As for the hotel, it was fine. Clean rooms, friendly check-in, small but nice lobby. My room was upgraded to include a sofa (still a bit small, but NYC rooms are always small). Comfortable bed, decent shower, Paul Mitchell toiletries. No complaints at all. Most importantly, it was very quiet, especially compared to some other places I've stayed at in the city. It's exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott Courtyard -- not super high-end, but perfectly comfortable and a very good value.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sunny77777
Thank you so much for your feedback, I actually got hungry reading your comments :)
We are thrilled your stay was enjoyable and I must agree this is an Amazing location. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
nj
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I am from New Jersey and planning on moving to NYC in the soho/tribeca area and have been staying at this hotel on and off for a couple of months now. I am starting to become familiar with the staff here. They are exceptional in every way. The hotel is in a prime location, it's immaculate, and I love staying here. The lobby has a starbucks for breakfast and some circular booths with televisions for your comfort while you relax. There is also a dunkin donuts right next door. It's in walking distance to nearly everything you could possibly want to do in NYC. Subways are all around if you want to venture uptown. This is my go to place always!! I have never encountered any type of problem at this hotel. It is just awesome all the way around!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Noelle R
Thank you very much for the comments, reading them was a perfect start to my day! I am pleased to see you enjoy your time here and although we are going to be sad to see you leave once you are relocated; we are looking forward to having you as a neighbor!! Thank you again and we will see you soon.