“Great Service, very Convenient”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #190 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My family stayed at this hotel in May to celebrate a graduation. We booked two rooms and there were six of us total. This hotel had many great things going for it. For starters the staff at the front desk is excellent, (except for a minor hiccup checking in the second room). One of the staff, Angel was very helpful in making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Ask for him by name. Also there was two other women, but I'm sorry now that I didn't get their names, were very nice and patient in giving us directions. They recommended nearby sights and helped us navigate the metro. That's the second thing that was great. The metro stop was right on the corner of the hotel. Short ride to Freedom Towers, times square etc.. The third thing the had going was the cleanliness of the room. Keep in mind that this is NY so the rooms are not that big and the view was not the best, but hey we were only there to relax after hitting the pavement all day. Lastly the location was walkable. We walked around Soho area (first time), Washington Sq and Greenwich village which was charming. There was also a fresh grocery store (forgot name) that had ready made healthy food such as salads and sandwhiches that was inexpensive and they made omelettes to go for under $5. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gladys l
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, we are delighted that you enjoyed it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with a memorable experience and I am glad you were able to experience that during your recent stay with us. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just came back from a 4 night stay here and I have to echo all the positive comments. The hotel is in a great location in SoHo, only a short walk from the E train stop (from the airport) on Spring Street and directly across the road from the Houston Street stop for the 1 train which takes you up towards Times Square and down to Battery Park. There are plenty of great shops and cafès/restaurants within short walking distance too.
The room wasn't overly big but absolutely fine for me as I was a single traveller. There was slight traffic noise but what are you gonna do? It's New York for Gods sake! The room was always spotlessly clean. The staff downstairs were great too. One of the guys manning the mini Starbucks even remembered what coffee I had every time :)
You could do a hell of a lot worse than staying here and next time I go back, I'll stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo was enjoyable.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed their for a week during the time our son graduated from NYU. Had 2 rooms for the entire family.
The room were fine-clean and well maintained. The location is very good-great neighborhood and very good access to public transportation.
What makes this really good is the people working there-everyone-were extremely kind and very nice. They were very helpful and courteous. They responded to any questions quickly.
The free WiFi is a nice perk(esp. in NYC).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Good afternoon,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and are happy to see it went well. Congratulations to you and your family for such an accomplishment and we look forward to serving you during future travel to NYC! Have a great day :)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here in February for 6 nights on a sightseeing trip. The room was very clean and comfortable with a good choice of TV channels and the free Wi-Fi worked great. Yes, the rooms are quite small but still big enough for us and we were always out sightseeing anyway. We slept great and there was no traffic noise though we were toward the back of the hotel I think. The Houston Street subway for Line 1 was on the same block so really handy for getting around whether we were going uptown or downtown. There were also plenty of deli's nearby for a quick breakfast and a McDonalds just across the street. The staff were always pleasant and helpful with information and always said hi when we passed heading out or in. They also kept our suitcases on our last day which was handy as we didn't fly home until the evening. We didn't eat here but did have a beer in the bar, again the staff in there were very pleasant and took time to chat. We loved New York and if we went back we would definitely return here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are happy to see you had a great stay and look forward to serving you again during future travel to NYC. Have a great day

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Even though I had a somewhat disappointing experience with this hotel the 1st time I stayed there in 2012, the staff did a good job taking care of me then, so I thought I'd take the manager up on her offer to help me book another room should I come back to NYC. (See my older review of the hotel for more details and several pics.)

I called the manager at the # she gave me and she helped me immediately, even though the # she gave me ended up being her cell and she was at home when I happened to call. She helped me by reserving me a quieter room on a higher floor and extended the AAA rate I had in my booking.

This really paid off because my 2nd stay was error-free and pretty quiet (they put us on the 19th for), too. I could hear a little bit of noise from the hallway when the A/C wasn't on, but when it was, noise was not a problem.

When we checked into our room, there was a note from the general manager along with a box of Jaques Torres chocolates saying thank you for trying them again/giving them a 2nd chance. This was just one example of their continued good service. Housekeeping was along the same lines, never did they disturb us when we left the room late and things were always done by the time we got back.

This time around we had a king bed + a pull out sofa, which someone was sleeping on. It was a little tight in the room given 2 large pieces of luggage and 3 bodies, but it was still comfy and doable. It helped that the a/c in the room worked well and kept us comfortable temperature wise. One thing that was annoying though was that the wifi code was only good for 2 devices per room- with 3 people, this was hard at times. But the wifi connection itself worked quite well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Good day,

Please let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, We are THRILLED to see you enjoyed it and are happy you gave us an opportunity to serve you as we do best. Regarding the internet, there isnt a limit per room and during your next stay if you have any trouble with it let us know and we would be happy to help. Thank you again

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

You know the brand, and the quality of room you're going to get with this hotel. Clean room, up to date decor and very very comfortable bed. This hotel is in SoHo and is a close walk to Greenwich Village and all the food, sights and entertainment you need for a quick stay in the City. Parking is very expensive, but hey- this is NY. If you are staying one night, just park on the adjacent street for free. Just be sure to check for street signs. You may have to move your car by 9:00 am depending on the day of the week. Try the popular hotel auction site. I got a king bed for half of the lowest published rate. Your mileage may vary. There's a Starbucks in the hotel that serves adult beverages at night. Also, a Dunkin Donuts is next door. We opted for coffee and delicious empanadas at the upscale food truck parked right outside as we checked out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samjan06
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will be your Hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to New York City. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Having been to NYC many times I found the location of this hotel ideal. Staying mid town can be too busy but the location of this hotel gives you the best of everything. It's located right at the busy shopping and bar area of Bleecker Street where you have a wide choice of eating places as well as up market shops. Right outside the hotel you have one of the main subway lines running both uptown and downtown and they run every few minutes so you never have long to wait. 10 minutes up town takes you to Central Park South at the Plaza and 5 minutes downtown takes you to Battery Park City and the Statue of Liberty. The hotel itself is ideal for New York. The rooms are larger than I have stayed in before and very comfortable. The staff are super friendly and very helpful indeed. Even the maintenance man and housekeeper were lovely. All in all ideal hotel for all your needs in New York. As with all hotels in New York you can here the street noise no matter where the room is but a high floor back room would be quieter.

Room Tip: As with all hotels in New York you can here the street noise no matter where the room is but a high...