“AWESOME HOTEL IN NYC”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #182 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you are looking for a hotel while in NYC try staying here. It is new, clean, quiet and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We brought our grand daughter to see the city for the first time and the staff was so helpful with suggestions on restaurants, sites to see, how to navigate NYC, etc. Shops and great restaurants abound near it. We usually stay in Times Square but this time wanted a bit more quiet and wasn't disappointed. Some really great restaurants nearby too. In the lobby they have a Starbucks so you can grab a light breakfast and be on your way. Will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 17th floor and was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mimi2012_12852
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review on the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan SoHo. The team here at the hotel strives to satisfy every guest and I will be sure to share your review with them. We are also glad to hear the great SoHo location met the needs for your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from another weekend stay at the Marriott Courtyard Soho. Got a great rate last minute, we were kindly upgraded to a city view room-could see the Empire State Building and a glimpse of the East River 4th of July fireworks at the same time. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Cozy,comfortable rooms with a roomy bath. I would highly recommend this hotel and already have a reservation for our next visit to New York City.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SHC-MD
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a wonderful comment, I am looking forward to sharing it with our staff! Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home during travels to NYC and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Clean efficient hotel in a great area. Quite a large room ( for New York) with everything you need. Fridge, coffee making facilities and a great view. ( we had the 20th floor)
Soho, west village, meat packing all within easy walking.

Room Tip: Higher room for best view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rho56pam
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am glad to hear our various in room amenities and overall hotel met your needs in NYC. Our SoHo location makes it easy to see the great attractions NYC has to offer. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I were in New York for a brief 2 night stay. It was our first time to stay there and I will definitely return. The staff was wonderful. They really went above and beyond helping us with directions and answering questions. We loved the neighborhood! The Starbucks coffee area off the lobby doubled as a small bar in the evening. The rooms are not large but perfectly adequate and comfortable and clean. My main impression was that this hotel was well managed with a staff that makes an extra effort to get everything right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MardiGrasMom
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

THANK YOU so much for your feedback! To say we are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay would be an understatement. The fact that you took the time to comment on such a positive experience means a lot to the entire staff here and I can't wait to share your review with them. We are glad to see you enjoyed your trip and look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We selected this hotel for its location (near NYU, which we were visiting) and the price (obviously expensive if you were anywhere else, but anything under $300/night in Manhattan is a decent deal). We were pleasantly surprised.

The location is great - walking distance to lots of cute little restaurants, as well as NYU - and right next to the subway station. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are small, but perfectly functional - same with the bathroom. The beds were also much more comfortable than I expected - I sometimes have trouble sleeping, but I slept really well both nights we were there. Free wifi in the room, which I really appreciated since I had to work part of the time we were there.

The next time we have a need (or just a desire!) to be in this part of Manhattan, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HBers
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Wow, What a pleasant comments to share with our team. We are excited to see you enjoyed your stay and that your experience here in SoHo was a memorable. We thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is small, the rooms are small too but typical New York. We had a room on the 11th floor and could still hear the street noise so beware. It didn't bother us too much but friends on the 6th floor didn't like it. The bathroom was fine, not great shower pressure. That all said, the location was really great. We walked everywhere and loved the area. Walking distance to the 9/11 memorial museum, under 30 minutes. The staff was friendly and helpful tho we didn't need much just a Sunday breakfast spot, which I didn't like but my husband thought was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay, feedback like this helps us each day be a better hotel. I am glad to hear the staff took good care of you and the location met your needs.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I usually never go wrong with Marriotts. This hotel was no different. I gave it an excellent over my usual "very good" for most hotels because I found the staff went a little above and beyond. They were always friendly at the front desk when I came and went, were quick and efficient, and always helpful with dinner recommendations - even going as far as walking outside with me to point out landmarks when giving directions. The cleaning staff that I talked to for extra shampoo was also friendly and helpful. The room was average size for NY and it had all windows on one side which was nice because it let in a lot of light when I was working. Lots of desk space and counter space in the bathroom. Wifi was quick. The location is great. A quick walk gets you to Soho and there are several metro stops near by. It's also an easy spot to catch a cab. The gym was basic but was stocked with waters and towels. It was always empty when I was in it so I had no problem with equipment. They also kept it nice and cool which I love when I am working out. There are 3 or 4 treadmills, 2 or 3 elliptical machines, a bike, and free weights. The gym could use a few more padded mats though. There was one yoga mat in there but it needed to be replaced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the amazing service our staff is eager to give. I am happy to report that upon reviewing your comment, we purchased several more yoga mats. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again during future travel to NYC.