“Lower East Side Walking Tour”

New York Urban Adventures
US$69.00*
Midtown Sights and Bites Tour
Ranked #1 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Urban Adventures unlock the secrets of over 100 cities around the world. Joining a small group of up to 12 other people, you'll wander hidden backstreets, browse the stalls of quirky markets, discover New York’s rich cultural heritage as well as exploring some of city's greatest icons; all in the company of an expert local guide. Experience the real New York on a full day or half day New York Urban Adventure.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our tour guide, Nathalie, from Urban Oyster tours was fantastic. She was extremely well prepared and very knowledgeable of the area and created an absolutely enjoyable experience. Her intimate knowledge and understanding of the numerous ethnic groups that had lived here or continue to live here really opened my eyes to the incredible diversity this area encompasses. A wonderful addition to the history and development of the area was the frequent stops we made along the way to sample various ethnic delicacies from Chinese dumplings to Jewish knishes. Nathalie's affable manner and casual style made the entire experience very personal and I highly recommend her if you'd like to spend two hours of your time with a most gracious and intelligent host learning about one of the most interesting neighborhoods of New York, the lower east side.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nathalie was a great guide. A good introduction to the history of Manhattan's cultures and their movements over time.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The day was wet and cold and as complete strangers to the city, we had no idea what to expect. Karen arrived full of enthusiasm, and very well-organised, and proceeded to give us a most memorable tour. It really was a very important introduction to New York, as otherwise we’d have just gone to the usual tourist places and not gained any historical context, nor the detail which brings any visit to life. I’ve done two or three city tours in different countries, but usually avoid them because of dreary and inaccurate presentation. But TrailFinders highly recommended Tastes, Tenements and Tales, so we took their advice. If I come back to New York (actually, when I come back to New York), I hope that Karen is still doing tours for you and that she will open my eyes and spark my imagination yet again.”

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My best friend and I were in New York for a week for my 50th birthday, I had seen the Tenements & Tasting Tour on Trailfinders website & thought this would be a great tour to take to see the coulture of New York. We both really enjoyed this tour, Olivia & Nikki were excelent tour guides. Full of imformation & easy to talk to, the food we sampled on the tour was great, enjoyed every mouthful.

I would love to do another tour with them. Thank you so much for a great time and helping me to celebrate my birthday.

Tracey

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We bought a City Pass and partook of the Tenements, Tales and Tastes Tour of New York City. Our guide was Karen Brueckner. It was absolutely wonderful. We were told tales of New York we would have never know. You need to wear comfortable clothing and good tennis shoes. She set a very walkable pace for us all. The tastes were superb and quite filled us up!! She even had a pop quiz at the end and gave out prizes. She showed us sites we would have not seen and told wonderful stories. Just Great!!!!