“A highlight of our NYC trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shopping Girlfriend NYC
Ranked #23 of 791 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Rockledge, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A highlight of our NYC trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

My daughter and I spent an afternoon shopping with Pilar. She made sure that we found everything we were looking for, and then some. She tracked us down afterwards when we left something at one of the shops, and also sent us some info about other sales we might be interested in. She's fantastic to work with and we're looking forward to shopping with her again!

New York City, New York
“SHOPPING WITHOUT THE CROWDS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband found Pilar on the Internet and suggested I organise a morning with her. Well what a day! We met at 10am and 4 hours later I continued my shopping adventure on my own ( with some helpful tips from Pilar of course!). Pilar took me to designer studios where I could try clothes on if I loved them and purchase them at markedly reduced prices. I didn't feel rushed or pressure to purchase at any time however I did come away with some great pieces to add to my wardrobe. Some pieces were $20 and some up to $350. I found Pilar energetic, fun and she quickly picked up on my sense of style. The time went so quickly however Pilar has since emailed me some links to continue my shopping expedition in NY on my own. Book Pilar today as you will love the experience.

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day with Pilar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Pilar was outgoing and had a great rapport with the fashion designers we visited. They were all very kind and graciously invited us into their studios. The NY weather was very cold but the studios were warm. My daughter and I are modest but we both felt very comfortable trying on clothes in front of the designers and their staff. We left with bags full of clothing and saved a ton of money. If you want to gain access to places the public knows nothing about and shop at great pricing, Pilar is a must for you! I look forward to shopping with Pilar the very next time we visit NYC.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mappel
Spring, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Best day of shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a great way to shop at designer studios and other shops that you would not normally shop at while in NYC. Pilar was so sweet and extremely accommodating. It didn't take her long to figure out what we liked and didn't like! I was amazed at how I would look through a rack and two seconds later she would and she would pull out a piece of clothing that was amazing and I didn't even see it! Also the prices. Where do I start. I bought a beautiful dress for $70 dollars and when I looked it up online it was retail for $300. So I was pretty happy as I love a good deal!! Highly recommend this experience and Pilar was such a sweetheart!!! Will be doing this every time I visit NYC!!

erie, pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My friend and I were referred to Pilar by a mutual friend. We spent half the day at designer's studios shopping samples. It was an eye opening experience and we had so many beautiful pieces to wear! Pilar is fun and professional. I will be sure to join her again the next time I am in NYC!!!

Visited November 2013