“What a fun day!”

Ranked #33 of 853 Shopping in New York City
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic day! Pilar started by asking us about what level of fashions we were wanting to see. We found all kinds of finds in a shop where it seemed everything was $20. Never any pressure to buy. Only that you try stuff on. Once Pilar gets an idea of your style she is pulling things from the racks. The next two places were of higher quality and the designers were there. Their enthusiasm was contagious. They wanted to see their clothes on you. Such a fun shopping day. The behind the scenes feel really made the whole experience special.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was kind of splurging a bit because I was a solo shopper, therefore, no one else to share the tour cost with, HOWEVER, that turned to be great. This allowed Pilar and I a chance to discuss the fashion industry, the garment district in New York, and to have her complete attention and help throughout the trip. I was very specific with what I was looking for and she was able to match me with the designers she thought were a good fit. My only complaint, this was too short of a time period. She was nice enough to offer to stay longer but I did not want to take advantage of her. I'll put away the left over $700 for our next trip! Thanks Pilar.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Pilar was very friendly & tried to be accommodating. After an afternoon spent looking at various small designer studios, our group realized we would rather shop on our own. Choices & sizes were limited...overpriced for experience.

1  Thank CJABG
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Pilar took me by myself. Once she figured out my style and what I was looking for, she nailed it perfectly. It was a one of a kind experience! I loved it. I will, definitely, use her again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My daughter and I spent an afternoon shopping with Pilar. She made sure that we found everything we were looking for, and then some. She tracked us down afterwards when we left something at one of the shops, and also sent us some info about other sales we might be interested in. She's fantastic to work with and we're looking forward to shopping with her again!