DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #363 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Antonio, Texas
“Everything but price”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel during a business trip so I am unaware of the cost. However, I would it perfectly located in the heart of the financial district, close to several metro and ferry stops with plenty of places to eat and unwind. However, I did learn that the financial district becomes a ghost town during the weekend. The hotel room ad bathroom were small but enjoyable and clean. The room's decor and amenities seem updated (TV, stands, light, etc.). Wifi was slow and pillows too thin but nothing that a good 4G/LTE connection and pillow stacking cannot fix. Staff were courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: I heard complains about rooms that were directly in front of the elevator (then again, there are 3 i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you found our location so accomodating to your needs and you will be glad to know that very soon we will be upgrading our WiFi services! Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Parker, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The entire staff of this Doubletree were very pleasant. I checked in to my room during the height of a NYC snow storm with very cold weather. When I got to my room a huge cold draft was pouring into the room. It was late and I just turned up the heat to counter act. On my way out the next morning I asked the staff to have someone resolve. When I got back to my room that night I found bathroom towels stuffed all around the heating unit and a bunch of drywall debris on the floor. I would expect this from a lesser cost chain, certainly not a Hilton property. I was there three nights and one morning there was only luke warm water. Again, I am not surprised when I encounter issues at lower cost chains but I get very irritated when it happens at a Hilton. The workout room is very nice and the staff were great but I know there are other chains in this area that are lower cost with a more functional room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I will be sure to tell the staff how much you appreciated their services and I will be sure to speak with our Engineering Manager regarding the A/C issue in the room that you occupied. Thank you and have a great day!
Millville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights while in NYC on business. This is a nice business hotel in the Financial District. It has average sized rooms for a hotel in NYC. I'm more of a Marriott person, but would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad to hear that you will be returning to us in the future! Have a great day!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was a perfectly adequate hotel for us. Despite a lot of reviews complaining about room size we found ours absolutely fine (double) and bathroom was adequate. A hook for the towels on the back of the door and a shelf above the basin would be beneficial but not really a big deal if staying for a couple of days only.

There are a lot of rooms on each floor and as such we could hear everything from the TV to the conversations but then it was possible those guests were particularly noisy. The concierge was a bit rude and unhelpful to start with but she did follow up with our request and made sure we were happy with the reservation and transport so this was much a appreciated.

Location was good, we really were doing mainly things in the financial/Soho area so suited us but we also went out further and it was no trouble at all.

Housekeeping was just OK, one day our room was not cleaned until after 4pm. Oh and the bed was so very comfortable. Unlike other reviews we had no problem with the lifts, never had to wait long and we were on the 29th floor.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lizzie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad you enjoyed the mattresses at the DoubleTree Financial District. Just so you know, anything you find in a Hilton Brand hotel room, incuding the mattresses in our rooms, can be purchased online at hilton2homes.com. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was okay. the room was very small - I haven't stayed in a room this small in NY in a long time. I was on the 19th floor and had absolutely NO view. The bathroom was REALLY small and challenging to work around in. I stayed here during the big snow storm and the staff were very accommodating. They had their car service take me to the airport hotel in a blizzard. Much better than a cab!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you found your room to be small and without a view. Unfortunately, due to the location of our property, space is a bit of a rarity, and due to the surrounding buildings, you will not have a city and/or river view in any floor under floor 33. I apologize for this and would be glad to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our city view rooms on a higher floor on your next visit to New York. Please, reach out to me at joshua.daly@hilton.com and I will be glad to assist with the arrangements. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial and have a great day!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice hotel, great location for world trade centre and easy to access subways to get to midtown, but if always going to midtown it can be annoying to factor in time and cost of catching subways. Could hear some noise from people on the streets overnight when on the lower levels, upper level was quiet. Beds were comfortable. Lift took 15 mins to stop at our level. There was also no hot water when we stayed there and it was freezing outside, however we were moved to an available room which did have hot water.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry for any inconvenience that our emergency plumbing service repairs may have caused you during your stay with us. I am glad to report that these issues have been rectified. I am sorry that you found our proximity to midtown less than convenient. For any future stays you may have with us, I would recommend utilizing the car service arranged by our bell staff or our local subway trains (1,2,3,4,5,E, & R) for transportation to and from Midtown. I hope that you return to our property in the future. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial and have a great day!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We've just returned from a 5 day stay & we were very impressed with this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The warm cookie was a nice touch after a long journey and being able to use the computers in the lobby to check-in online was extremely useful. Our room was very spacious and clean, with a huge, comfortable bed. We had no issues with the lifts despite being on the 37th floor and our showers were always hot. When we reported an issue with the safe in our room this was fixed within half an hour. Location wise this hotel couldn't be better, with easy access to all major subway lines. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District! Have a great day!