DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #365 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hole is located on a rather dark street, but do not let that distract you. We loved the location and had a great view of the river! The subway is just around the corner and can take you everywhere in just a short time. There are also plenty to see around the financial district area. Breakfast was also good! Staff very friendly - we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us. Please, make us your hotel of choice every time you plan to stomp around the NYC area! We love to have you stay with us! Thank you and have a great day!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel during a business trip. It was located very close to my meeting at India House which was handy. The room was compact but very comfortable and clean. I found the service to be excellent. The concierge went well out of his way to find me a cab in the pouring rain. They were also able to arrange a car for my return to the airport. I did order room service prior to attending an event...just a salad which was ok...standard room service prices and again the service was good. One annoyance was that the halls were so narrow there was no where to put my tray outside so I had to put it right at my door....it stayed there all night and was a pain to step around when I was coming and going...I suppose I should have called to ask that it be picked up. In terms of this location for a vacation visit I thought it was pretty good...close to the subway and lots of things within easy walking distance. I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jaboda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you found the services and location of the hotel satisfactory as well as accommodating to your travel needs. We look forward to your return to visit to the DoubleTree Financial District and thank you for allowing us to accommodate your visit to NYC. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I thought this was a pretty nice hotel. Our room was small but I already expected that and have stayed in smaller rooms. It was enough room for me and my husband who were only going to be in our room to sleep. The bed was not the most comfortable but it wasn't horrible either. The staff was extremely friendly, everyone we encountered smiled and asked us how our stay was. It's in a very convenient area, lots of subways nearby. My only complaint is about the elevators, they are slow. We only had a major issue when we were trying to check out. It took 10 minutes to get to the lobby from our floor and we had a car waiting on us. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Dear Christie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the rest of the DoubleTree Financial District Guest Services Team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to NYC and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Small rooms, but not atypical of NYC. The furnishings were worn but still serviceable. Room was clean. The only oddity of the room is the inconsistent water temperature -- it would occasionally go ice cold for a few seconds. But avoid the restaurant, food was terrible and even the coffee was poor. Wonder a block and find a deli. Plan ahead if you want to catch a cab from the hotel as it is not on a main street (or walk over to Water Street.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg S

Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that our furnishings and restaurant services were not up to par during your stay with us. Your feedback will be shared with our Engineering and Antinori Restaurant Management Teams, so that we may address the concerns that you have raised. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights over Easter weekend and yes the location is good but is about the only thing going for this (what I as a HH Diamond would class as a 2 star) hotel. No feeling of being valued guests in this hotel, no upgrade, no privileges apart from free breakfast (which is standard all over for Diamonds).

The public areas, corridors etc were worn, the elevators (as stated in other reviews were slow) and the room small.

We have had some excellent breakfasts in Doubletrees in fact one of the best Hilton breakfasts we have ever had was in Tampa Doubletree. In this New York Doubletree the breakfast room was tiny but it was the complete mismanagement and poor selection and quality food that marked it for us. Tables were worn and dirty, only half set, the buffet was always empty and when you asked them to refill they did so begrudgingly! The restaurant Manager was abrupt and disinterested. We weren't the only guests unhappy!

The hotel was by NY standards not expensive but I agree with the previous reviewer that this is likely the only reason they are still in business.

Very disappointed Diamond Members. Thankfully our next 3 nights we are in a different Hilton!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth7

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not find the accommodations of the hotel to be satisfactory. We at the DoubleTree Financial District strive to provide each and every one of our guests with the ultimate DoubleTree experience, and I am sorry to hear that you did not find this to be the case during your stay with us. You will be glad to know that your feedback will be shared with our Management Team, so that these issues may be addressed accordingly. I would like to thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District. Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed here many times, primarily since it is near my company office. The property is clean, staff is friendly/helpful, and the location is very near to multiple NYC subway lines. The facility is a small. Restaurant is average and affordable. Better than staying in Times Square!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Kurt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the rest of the DoubleTree Financial District Team! Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Don't expect the Palace at this place but for a New York Hotel it's a good deal. Showers, not tubs, small rooms, prickly staff (waiter rolled his eyes when we ordered from the menu instead of the breakfast buffet, if you don't answer your door first thing then your room is not getting cleaned..) but hey, you can't beat the price. If they ever raise prices, they'll be out of business.

Stayed: April 2014
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear PanamaJack,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you found our rates accommodating and competitive with the New York City Financial District. Please, make us your hotel of choice whenever visiting the New York City area! Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!