DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #355 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bochum, Germany
“Nice downtown hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Located in the financial district, with a couple subway stations nearby. Very nice and clean and the beds were really comfy. The only con is that I always had to wait for a while for the elevator, but I guess it's normal in a hotel with so many floors.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Rosalba,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we thank you greatly for your patience and understanding regarding the elevator wait time at our hotel. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location, not far from a subway stop and in a quiet neighborhood, if you don't want something as busy as Times Square. That's also a drawback in that there are fewer options during off hours for food or drink, and fewer 24 hour convenience stores. The hotel does have a small bar and restaurant, but other than that not many options.

The rooms are standard, maybe on the small side, but well maintained. We did have a good view of the World Trade Center. Keep in mind during busy check in/out times, the elevators will get overcrowded and you may have a long wait, sometimes 10 minutes just to catch one.

Overall, a good hotel, nothing exceptional, but average. For a little more, the Conrad, not far from there is a better option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations of the hotel, as well as the World Trade Center view! Please know, for any future visits, that there are restaurants and taverns located on Old Stone Street, one block away from the hotel, that do offer late night drinking and eating options, that you may enjoy. The next time you return to the hotel, please, let us know, and our Concierge Services will be glad to provide you with detailed information regarding New York City’s Financial District nightlife options. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
Boston, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Doubletree is in a great location for the Financial District. The front desk clerk obviously hated her job but the bellman was super. He saved us a lot of money by telling us we could park on the street outside the hotel for FREE all weekend! The elevators are tiny and take FOREVER to get up or down. The room was clean and comfortable and I even had a view of the East River (sort of).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you did not find your Check-In experience to be a positive one, but I am delighted to hear that you did find your experience with the DoubleTree Financial District Bell Staff more than satisfactory, as well as the location of the hotel. I will be sure to share this feedback with the rest of the DoubleTree Financial District Team, so that we may make improvements to enhance the quality of our guest experience. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for business in April 2014. It's clean, rooms small but comfortable, good location, good gym. The downsides were the elevators are slow, if you're on a high floor you need to budget 10 min. to get out of the building especially during morning rush. And the internet/wifi was difficult to get on (requiring your Hilton honors account login) and poor quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Louie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are glad that you found our hotel satisfactory to your business needs. We hope that we can be your hotel of choice when staying in the New York City Financial District. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
MO
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had reservations for this upcoming June and called over a month in advance to request double beds. I was informed this was considered an "upgrade" and would be charged an additional $50 per night. I was also told my request could not be guaranteed. I explained that I was calling over a month in advance to make this request & was told again that there was no guarantee. No "we'll do our best to try to accomodate you". I also stated I was a HiltonHonors Rewards Member and they could care less about that as well. This obvious lack of hospitality & customer service left me with a bad taste in my mouth & a realization that if I got there and had any problems, the front desk staff would not be helpful or accommodating. With so many hotels to choose from in NYC, you would think they would go above & beyond (or at least try) to accomodate their guests & future guests holding reservations. No, not here. Instead, they read from a script in a flat & monotonous tone that there is nothing they can do to accomodate your request. I cancelled my reservation and will stay elsewhere. They lost my business.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a room type bedding change to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, as less than 10% of our property’s inventory consists of rooms with two beds, we are not always able to accommodate such a request, though we do strive to accommodate every guest request at DoubleTree Financial District to the best of our ability. In the future, I would recommend reserving your room directly with hotel for the specific room type of your preference, thus enabling the hotel to guarantee the room type of your choice. Should you choose to return to the DoubleTree Financial District, please, contact me at joshua.daly@hilton.com and I will personally see to your booking details. I hope that you find this information helpful, and I wish you a great day!

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Clean, comfy room and great staff. There are only 3 elevators for approximately 40 floors, however, and if one is out of service-good luck getting downstairs! I would stay here again, but I was not happy having to run down 14 flights of stairs with my luggage so as not to miss my ride to the airport!

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the extended elevator wait time that occurred during your stay, due to our unexpected elevator maintenance work. We are glad that despite this unfortunate event, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us and we greatly look forward to your return visit. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel was nice and clean, this is my third stay in Manhattan and I've tried a few hotels and this one is really nice compared to what you pay.
Last time in was living fairly close to Times square, 37th 33W and payed twice as much for the same standard.

The hotel was refurbished and clean.
The breakfast was decent, i preferred walking across the street though.
The pub next to the hotel has some nice fast food as well.
I's close to battery park and of course downtown.
I'd recommend it!

1 Thank A_Sam80
Dear Sammy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the accommodations of our New York City Financial District neighborhood. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!