DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Wall Street Inn(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Andaz Wall Street(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Wagner at the Battery(New York City)
  • Room Service
Q&A Residential Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
2,652 results
All reviewsstone streetbattery parkthe staten island ferrystatue of libertynew yorkwarm cookieslower manhattanwall strooms are smallbrooklyn bridgeworld trade centerfreedom towerbusiness triparound the cornercity viewsubway stationhigh floor
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff was very helpful checking in, welcomed me as an Honors member and made sure i had all I needed. Room was small (this is NYC) but very nice. Good bedding, clean, a/c worked well, good lighting, quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear BusyD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

A good hotel for a business trip to the Financial District. Rooms are very small but clean. Employees were curteous and helpful. Price was a little on the high side for the size of the rooms, but about what you would expect to pay for any hotel in Manhattan.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Small rooms, inconvenient and small reception. Two lifts for all floors which results in long wait time in the mornings when everyone gets to work. Hilton Millenium is 10 minutes away and offers better quality and facilities for a slightly higher price.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am deeply sorry that you did not find the accommodations of the hotel to be satisfactory, but I am extremely grateful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice hotel, elevators were slow and rooms were cramped but overall thoroughly enjoyed my stay, the hotel and staff. Very knowledgeable, courteous and professional in every facet, especially my housekeeping agent.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. Please, make us your hotel of choice, whenever visiting the New York City area. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Mid-week desk staff were pleasant and welcoming. Even by NYC standards, room was claustrophobia-inducing. In the bathroom, there was NO counter space. NONE. Even the toilet top could not be used, having a push button flush. An average height and weight adult will find the shower uncomfortable; elbow hits were unavoidable.
After an all day rain, on the thirdly morning of my stay, I woke to a musty room smell. When I opened the shower door, I was so overwhelmed by a smell of mildew I nearly vomited.

While I had been hesitant to change hotels due to discomfort, with significant mold allergies, relocation was a health issue now for me. I dressed and went to the lobby. The front desk clerk, upon hearing my room issue, was dismissive and told me this was impossible as it "is a new property." She would not make eye contact with me - rather than attempting to help, she dismissed me.

I boarded an elevator to return to my room. Two staff members, security and maintenance, were there who observed I was upset. I recounted my desk experience and room problem. The security staff offered to intervene and see if another room would be better.

I returned to my room and a few minutes later got a call from the front desk regarding an alternate room. She provided a room number and I was to meet security outside the potential new room right away. I went there immediately, where I waited nearly 15 minutes. The same empathetic security staff finally arrived - apologizing that he had been waiting for me on a different floor, having been given a different room number by the same front desk person whom I had encountered earlier.

With the strong deodorizer scent in the room, I could not, in a matter of minutes, discern if this room was an improvement. But I needed to be out of the moldy room, and security kindly helped me relocate.

I packed, and moved my things. I left for breakfast, hoping to be able to determine improvement upon return.

Unfortunately, I could not. It was time to leave. I collected my belongings, returned to the lobby, and asked a different staffer if he could find a nearby hotel for me. He said he really couldn't do anything for me, offered to have the head of housekeeping checkout the prior room, and repeatedly asked what the room smelled like.

With a nearly debilitating headache at this point, and a friend to help, I checked out. I had no replacement hotel but was relieved to be out.

Let me be clear that there was no visible mold in this room. But given my severe allergic reaction. something seems going on in this building, and rainfall seems to exacerbate it.

I am grateful to the security staff member who tried so hard to compensate for others' shortcomings. As bad as the mold problem was for me, the desk staff made the situation much much worse. This hotel's character in space, appointments, amenities, and staff do not meet Doubletree standards.

• Stayed: May 2014
Joshua D, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Engineering Management as well as our Guest Services Management Team, so that we may work to address the issues that you have raised, to ensure the ultimate guest experience for each and every guest staying with us at the DoubleTree Financial District. If there is any way that I can be of any further service to you, regarding this or any future stays that you anticipate with us, please, do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you and have a great day!