DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #368 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have stayed in NYC several times and this is a great value hotel downtown. Good location in the financial district close to several subway stops. Super friendly staff especially the staff downstairs at street level (front desk is on the 1st floor). Clean and comfortable rooms. Rooms are on the small side though for US standards, but that doesn't matter as you want to be enjoying the city!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed on July 23 to 26 for 3 night. Booked from web agent. Flight was delay and checked in midnight. Front desk assign my room with twin bed for 2 person. Room and bed are extremely small. I asked front desk to change room and she told me was sold out. She says she can change room tomorrow for guarantee and will noted to tomorrow's manger (I told them I will pay for upgrade). I trusted that word. Next day, front desk said never got information and room is sold out. This new front desk person told me she can change room tomorrow (same explanation from yesterday). I asked for written guarantee and finally she checked computer told me tomorrow is sold out again we can't change room. This hotel service are all lie and no hospitality. I will never staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014
John B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and guestroom assignment of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations through training and hospitality. We have shared your comments with our front desk team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with service and room assignment. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Please feel free to contact me at the email address located below.
john.brown@hilton.com

John Brown

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was the perfect hotel for meetings in the financial district, but I would also consider staying here for pleasure. It's not far from shopping and is a 10 min cab ride from Time Square or a 25 min train ride.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From start to finish this was an amazing stay my husband and I were greeted by the bell person Abrahima he was very friendly and helpfull, checkin was smooth and quick special thanks to Justina, Cinthia and Kemisha who made us feel welcome right throughout our stay, this is a great location for seeing the sights in Ny city, such as 9/11 memorial the wall street bull etc great breakfast, VERY clean rooms, OHH the cookies WHAT A TREAT !! I could go on and on but I won"t lol most definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Not a bad location for Wall Street and access to The Statute of Liberty and Ellis Island as well as Federal Hall where George Washington was inaugurated as the first President of the United States. Also great open air restaurants close by on Stone Street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes, the reviews are true - the elevators are slow, the front desk staff is less than enthusiastic to see you, and the views are really bad from lower floors. However, let me just say that the guys on the street were AMAZING! Upon our arrival they confirmed with me that the cab fare we were being charged was appropriate, and every time we needed directions, advice or even someone to complain to about the construction, they were there with expert (and accurate) information. I would definitely stay here again. The location can't be beat for lower Manhattan, and the attached restaurant is quite good (though service is pretty slow).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Veronica G, Guest Services at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the extended elevator wait time that you have reported as well as any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our bell staff; I will be sure to share your feedback with all our Team. Please, make us your hotel of choice, whenever visiting the New York City area. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are small but first it is NYC and hopefully your not there to stay in the room all day. Elevators took awhile but not a big deal. The only down fall was the shower took forever to drain but otherwise the stay was wonderful and definitely would stay there again. Awesome tavern right next door.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these New York City hotels
Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown - Financial District
Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown...
#240 of 469 in New York City
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financia...
#226 of 469 in New York City
Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
#216 of 469 in New York City
Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Holiday Inn Express New York Cit...
#353 of 469 in New York City
Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan...
#234 of 469 in New York City
Courtyard New York Downtown Manhattan / World Trade Center Area
Courtyard New York Downtown Manh...
#179 of 469 in New York City

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District

Address: 8 Stone Street, New York City, NY 10004-2202
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Suites
Ranked #368 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Price Range: £102 - £336 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.