DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #368 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 August 2014

stayed here for a wedding. shower leaked, but never reported problem. room was very nice and comfortable, excellent hot water. inconvenient that lobby was on second floor and that there were only 3 elevators for 40+ floors. we always had to wait for elevator and they were very small for accomodating multiple guests and luggage. overall pretty nice though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Kelly!

We are HAPPY that you enjoyed your weekend here with us at the Doubletree Financial District hotel! We do apologize for the inconvenience of the elevators and the location of the lobby. If you could please contact me at the email below so I can make sure that I bring the leak in the shower to the attention of our Engineering department.

Thank You for staying with us!

john.brown@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,538)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I don't like this hotel but the group I work with have an agreement and I have to stay here. The rooms are very small, they are noisy, and the elevators are the worst in the city. I have had to wait 20 or more minutes to get down from the high floors. The wifi is terrible. I would never stay here if I had a choice. It is clean and well located--that I can give it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Donald H
John B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Good Day! I do apologize for some of the concerns you have at the Doubletree Financial District hotel. If their is any way that I could make your stay better, please feel free to contact me before your next stay with us so that I can assist with your accomodations!

I can be reached at the email below.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great location ! Clean rooms.. Service was extremely poor. I tried to checkin early no rooms available, totally fine and understandable. Once my room ready I proceeded to checkin . There was a bit of issue with the reservation which was eventually fixed. I was extremely shock on how the front desk clerk handle it! She had a attitude the whole time as if she did not want to help me . After the issue was resolve she Threw my cookies on the desk and told me to have a nice day ! The only person that was nice was the bellman!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AlliCat87

We want all of our guest to feel like Welcomed here at the Doubletree Financial District hotel. I apologize for any issues that you may have encountered while staying here at our hotel. In the future when you are in New York City, please give us another try. We do have one of the best locations here in the city!!

Please feel free to contact me if you should need any assistance with your next stay with us!!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Hotel was clean the people were friendly but employee stole my I pad out my room. I felt violated in every way. If you can't trust the people who work there who can you trust? The handling of my complaint is slow. Its been4 days I haven't heard from them. I am very disappointed with Doubletree and the way there handled this matter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to apologize for your iPad being missing. We take pride in our employees and that they are honest about the belongings of our guest. If you haven't already spoke with a memeber of management, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can assist you with this matter.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This property is only three (3) years old, and is VERY conveniently located to all you'd want to see and do in New York! I've booked this property for business and liked it so much I booked and/or stayed for personal time, as well.
The staff at this Doubletree are exceptional--very friendly, helpful to answer any and all questions, knowledgable about the area, and best of all--sincere!
The hotel's rooms are larger than any other hotel I've stay in at this price point in Manhattan; you actually can move around! The decor is simple, quality, usable and neutral. The beds are great and the showers all feature strong "rainshower" shower heads. The property has a fantastic restaurant that you'll actually want to eat at, and the Manager, Mike, is the best!
This Doubletree is two blocks off the subway; you can hop on the train and easily get to anywhere you're trying to go in New York. There's even a CitiBike stall just outside the property's entrance.
What I really like about being at this Doubletree in Lower Manhattan is that this part of the island is very historic and old. Many streets are still cobbled and the architecture is stunning. There's no feeling here of "gritty" New York--rather, the feeling that surrounds you is of historic, classy, formal, 'eras gone by' New York.
You're also just steps from shopping and great food (and even though it's Lower Manhattan, more and more store and restaurants are staying open so there are great selections within blocks). You won't give up a thing by being down in this part of New York--as a matter of fact, I think you'll see all the benefits as soon as you check it out!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank You for the wonderful words for our Property!! We strive to be the best, and to give our guest everything they need to make their stay the most enjoyable in our area, and within the Hilton brand! If you should need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact myself or the hotel for accomodation assistance!!

Thank You!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Good location, nearby ferry to Liberty Island and three subway stations. Decent room but don't expect large size rooms for what you pay here. This is NYC- space is expensive. Staff serving breakfast was great. Thanks Mike for the banana on my way out for a run even though you weren't opened yet at the time!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ajyap

We want all of our guest to feel important! Even if that means going Above and Beyond to do so! Thank you for the great words for our staff here at the Doubletree Financial District!!

If you should need any assistance with accomodations in the future, please don't hesistate to contact myself or the hotel to assist you with them.

Thank You!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was very nice. Obviously old but well-kept. The housekeeping was not as thorough as some places I have stayed (they skipped some cleaning altogether). What struck me the most is everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly. They made conversation and acted like I was the only guest there; that kind of service deserves amazing props.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Veronica G, Guest services at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff; I will be sure to share your feedback with all our Team. Please, make us your hotel of choice, whenever visiting the New York City area. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!