“Brooklyn Blackout!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Whatever you do, DON'T GO HERE and DON'T ORDER THE BROOKLYN BLACKOUT CUPCAKE! Because chances are I'll be here a little later in the day and that bite of heaven will be sold out and I'll be so, so sad.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had the cheesecake. It was good. I wouldn't say it was the most amazing bakery I've ever been to. But I have no complaints. We were there 15 minutes before closing on a Monday night and it was BUSY! That's always a great sign. I think if we tried the specialty cake I would have given a 5 star review - I think that's what they are known for.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Dodging the construction on 2nd Ave. to get to this small bake shop was well worth it.

It can be a tight squeeze in this shop at times however the cupcakes are too tasty to pass up. So tasty that we ended up here twice during our short visit to NYC.

First visit, we had the carrot cupcake with cream cheese frosting. My mouth is watering as I write this. This was our favourite because it had the perfect balance of flavour and moistness with a creamy dreamy frosting. The coconut cream cupcake was simply delicious and very fresh.

Second visit, carrot cream cheese frosted cupcake a must and a Boston cream cupcake. The latter was fresh and moist but we both thought the cream in the middle lacked something.

Too bad the key lime and lemon cupcakes were both out. Would have loved to try those as well. This will give us an excuse to
go back when visiting NYC again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

NYC has the best cheesecake so there are many contenders (including Carnegie, S&S, Eileen's, Junior's etc etc), all fantastic but this would is my favorite. The cupcakes and pecan pie are quite good as well - but the cheesecake is a must try.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon tea here. The Mini Brooklyn Blackout Cupcakes are a good size to accompany a small latte or herbal tea. Try also the Red Velvet cupcake!
There are four or five tables to sit down at if you are fortunate; when we arrived there was nobody, but then the place suddenly filled up.

1  Thank Whirob