“I PICKED A WINNER!”

Ranked #22 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Florida
“I PICKED A WINNER!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My boyfriend had selected another hotel. After reading the reviews on trip advisor, I suggested "The Pearl". Thankfully, I was right. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Brand new and modern (smells new). Kudos to the decorator. Loved the intimate feeling. Staff was great starting from the doormen, check in staff, to housekeeping. Our room was immaculate and I'm a clean freak (thanks to Maria from DR). Close to great restaurants. Try Donna Bells Bake shop one street away. The best cookies and brownies, and I'm a cookie connoisseur. I'm a light sleeper and never heard a thing. Close to the theater district. After spending crazy days in the city, it was great to come back to this.

4 Thank MSPICKY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Pearl over the Independence Day weekend.

We were thoroughly impressed with all elements of our room, and the hotel in general. It is short on a couple of amenities such as a restaurant on the property. That said, you are in Midtown! If you are eating in the hotel there is something wrong with you ; )

The rooms are very modern and nicely appointed. One of the biggest conveniences was a large bar fridge that was very convenient for drinks and snacks.

Found the front desk and concierge to be very friendly and helpful.

Room value was great. We would definitely stay again on our next stay in NYC.

1 Thank DouglasM4115
easton, pa
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I (54 and 48 years old) stayed here to see Book of Mormon July 2. Easy walk from Port Authority. We are minimalist who appreciate comfortable and convenient surroundings. The Pearl fit our needs in this regard. Small lobby just feet from the sidewalk, and elevators steps from check-in desk. No wasted steps shlepping to and from room.

Had a queen room with balcony, microwave, and fridge. We did not feel it necessary to have any of it, if you're considering them and cost is an issue. There are countless options for food and drink for any budget in the surrounding blocks. We were only in the room to sleep and freshen up between outings.

The room was large enough that we never felt on top of each other. Bathroom was good size, appreciated the sink area that was roomy enough for all of our lotions and potions. Loved the full-sized mirror just outside the bathroom door. Very cool. Only sounds that we heard we sirens once or twice each night. Otherwise...quiet!...and were we next to the elevator. Never heard it. I usually request a room away from one, but this room was ready when we arrived. I was nervous to take it, but my husband was ready to get into a room. Was never an issue.

There's a subway stop one block away, so traveling about is a breeze. We purchased a MetroCard, and got a map from the booth.

The staff was pleasant and helpful at all times. Always said hello with a smile whenever coming or going the hotel. So if you are the type that likes modern, yet comfortable rooms, but don't need catering, this hotel is wonderful. They offer a continental breakfast and wine and cheese in afternoon, but we went out for meals and cocktails.

Would definitely recommend the Pearl if seeing a show or staying in midtown. We are casual people who like convenience paired with modern amenities...The Pearl was great for us.

4 Thank jerry013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2011

What a wonderul location, beautiful hotel, incredible staff. We just came back from a 3 day stay in New York. My 15 yr old daughter and myself having never been to New York and hearing all kinds of horror stories about hotels were very apprehensive about booking one on line. What made the choice for me with this hotel, was TRIP ADVISOR. As I search hotels I would look at thier lovely websites, with very beautiful pictures than compare these with reviews on Trip Advisor. Its was shocking what the true pictures from guests showed. However, The Pearl had great review, nothing bad and the pictures matched the website. I booked it and havent looked back. We had a single queen bed, the room has large, beautifully appointed and best of all clean. This hotel is less then a year old and has upgrades galore, right down to a tv in the bathroom. The staff was the final icing on this cake. Kind, Professional, and knew us on sight even addressing my daughter by her first name with the work "miss" in front of it. How many times have you stayed someplace where they took the time to actually remember who you are and your name. We were less then a block from Time Square yet there was no noise, not crowds and we could walk everywhere. Thank you to The Pearl for making our first mother/daughter trip a very memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank butmommy
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This is definitely my new favorite hotel in NYC.
We arrived early morning and were upgraded to a Deluxe King. The room was gorgeous, spacious and totally soundproof considering we were facing the buzz of 49th street theatre goers.. Loved the ample continental breakfast served in a very tastefully decorated space with lounge type sofas overlooking the lobby. No tacky breakfast tables here. The attention to detail is foremost and I will definitely return.. Thanks for a great weekend experience!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AnnG0707
Virgin Islands
Reviewed 29 June 2011

So happy to have found this new boutique hotel, we originally booked into the Grand Hyatt on 5th Ave, but found it very disappointing and noisy (renovations being in progress) so we moved to The Pearl which was a good decision! We booked a deluxe King room for four nights, the room was spacious, very well decorated, and the bed was extremely comfortable with top quality linens, and the air conditioning was quiet and efficient The staff couldn't have been friendlier ,they where great. The hotel is situated close to all the top tourist sites, with Times Square just around the corner, but the hotel itself is off a quiet street so we weren't bothered by any street noise. A continental breakfast is served on the 2nd floor, was just a little bit disappointing, but there are numerous places nearby if you are looking for a bigger breakfast. The hotel is completing its own restaurant which will be opening in July.
Overall, we would definitely stay here again and recommend it strongly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple