“A pearl of a hotel !!!!!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #27 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have just come back from 7 days in New York & we had the pleasure of staying at the pearl hotel . What a little treasure of a hotel, this was our first overseas holiday, with our 11 month old son & the hotel was just great , had his cot all set up for us on arrival. We just loved the boutique style of the hotel & it's personal service , especially in a big city like NY... I work in the travel industry & my husband & I are always usually very dissapointed in our accomadation. Not this time , we would go as far to say it's the best hotel we have stayed in . Bed was so comfy & huge , the trendy little coffee machine & wine fridge , microwave a blessing with our little boys food.... We stayed in a king deluxe room. We have reccomended the hotel twice in the week we have been back . So if it's stlye, location & super modern facilites & proffesional staff , you can not go pass the Pearl NY.. Thankyou . Lisa Walters. Brisbane Australia . ;)

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lw080212
There are newer reviews for The Pearl Hotel

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were impressed with the size of the room and how comfortable we were with everything, including the bed. Everyone was really professional, courteous and friendly. We hope to return real soon. Room was exceptionally quiet. Truly impressive how we felt we were not in the city because it was so quiet, especially the area the hotel is at (right across from theatre where "The Book of Mormon" is playing.)

We would like to thank everyone, beginning with Vanie at the front desk, who was very nice checking us in. She helped us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary even sweeter with a complimentary upgrade. The Champaign waiting for us in our room was a VERY nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel back in October of 2011. I'm a bit late writing this review but did want to make sure to give them a TripAdvisor shout out as I had a pleasant stay. I chose the Pearl Hotel after reading other TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is modern but warm. The staff is very friendly and professional. My room was spacious with nice appointments. My room had a pretty good sized balcony which was surprisingly quiet. The hotel is close, but not to close, to the Time Square action, subway, grocery, pharmacy, theater dist, etc. I loved my stay at the Pearl and have recommended it to other business travelers many times. I would recommend this hotel for business, couples, friends, and solo travelers. I do not think the Pearl would work for families especially with small children as it does not have amenities to keep them entertained.
Two thumbs up to the Pearl. I will be back.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchen option. When booking on the Web site, the balcony and kitchen options can...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Great hotel location to all attractions. We had a suite that included a lounge. Stayed for 4 nights. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Only disappointing point was that the self serve buffet breakfast was fine but the use of paper plates and plastic knives and forks was a complete no no for me. I would advise any visitors to take their own plate and cutlery next time!!!!

Room Tip: There was a group of twelve of us spread around the hotel, no complaints.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChesterChristine
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the Pearl for 3 nights and had an excellent stay. I was by myself but for some reason was upgraded to a room with 2 double beds. It was a spacious room with a large bathroom. There was no tub but that's normal in New York and the shower was roomy. The room was clean and in good shape. It was also quiet.
Staff was very friendly and I was happy to share the chocolate dipped strawberries my wife had sent for Valentine's Day. The included breakfast was not overwhelming but was completely fine and satisfying.
The gym is quite small. It's very clean and in good order and bright. But there's not any room to lie on the floor or stretch. The equipment was all in good shape.
The location is great. It's close to Times Square if you like that sort of thing but not too close to it if you don't.
The free wi-fi was a huge plus.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I just came back from a trip to NYC and stayed for my third time at a great boutique hotel, I discovered about a year ago, The Pearl. The service is very attentive and the beds are heavenly. I have been visiting the city for over thirteen years and have tried out many hotels throughout this city and usually only stay at the hotel once and then try out another the next time I go back. However, The Pearl has been my hotel the last three trips because I know I will sleep well and still be in the thick of things when I walk out the front door.

Room Tip: There is not a pool or kids activities.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We arrived early and were offered a complimentary upgrade and immediate access to our room. Room was spacious and immaculate. The wet bar and individual coffee maker was a nice surprise and we enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee before heading out for our excursions. Returned around 4 to a very nice complimentary wine hour in the lobby while we watched the ticket lottery for Book of Mormons directly across the street. Tried the Victorian restaurant down the street for dinner, building is fabulous however the service and food left a lot to be desired. Very close to the Winter Garden Theater, very comfortable walking he streets in the area after the show. Requested additional coffee Kcups for morning then enjoyed a good nights sleep. The bathroom i fabulous, large, good lighting and fantastic shower. The robes they supply appear new and super fluffy. The complimentary continental breakfast was very satisfying, nice fresh pastries, fruit, cereal etc. Although we like to try new places when we visit the city this hotel will stay on our list of favorites.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple