“Fantastic stay!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #28 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Found this hotel shortly after they opened because my regular hotel in New York, the W, was booked. It has become the only hotel I stay at when I visit the city. The staff has always been helpful and very friendly. Having a great market a few steps away comes in handy. A couple of Duane Reads within walking distance was extremely helpful when my niece became ill. We were able to get to all of our destinations easily. I love this hotel and now my friends and family love it to. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable it is very difficult to leave the bed. The free breakfast is great!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Debbie H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,438)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel mainly due to the wonderful reviews we read at tripadvisor.
And the hotel matched all the good reviews.
It's basically a business hotel.
1) ROOM SIZE: The rooms are big, if you consider NYC standard rooms.
2) BREAKFAST: We read a lot of reviews about its breakfast and how it was not good. However, my mom and I found that their breakfast was very good, compared to the other hotels we've stayed in NYC. They have coffee, milk, toasts, bagels, orange juice, fruits (apples and bananas), yogurts and more stuff I can't remember now. To me, this is more than okay for a breakfast.
3) LOCATION: Amazing!
4) SLEEP QUALITY: Sleep like a baby. No noises.
5) INTERNET CONNECTION: HIgh quality and high speed free wi-fi internet.
6) STAFF: Superb. For me, this is what makes this hotel standing out. They are helpful, friendly and they know a lot of information about NYC. Don't forget to ask them, they have good tips. Not only the front desk staff, but also the bell boys.
The only down point was the check in time, which is 4pm. We arrived very early in the morning and had to wait until 4pm to enter our room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank annaSa0Paul0
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just come back from a girls holiday and stayed at this great hotel. Everything you read on the reviews are true, it really is an excellent hotel.

Try to visit the adjacent church St Malachys, (The actors church) it"s beautiful and steeped in history. Valentino, the famous silent movie star had his funeral here, and it is were Joan Crawford married Douglas Fairbanks Junior. (If like me you are interested in old Hollywood)

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. Well done to you all at the Pearl.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be good
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheshe90
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Pearl Hotel this weekend and we loved it! It is located in the heart of the Theater District and a block from Time Square. The staff was very accomodating and the room was very clean. Upon check in, we were given a complementary upgrade from a standard double bed room to a deluxe room, which included a small kitchenette and patio, at no extra charge. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have just come back from 7 days in New York & we had the pleasure of staying at the pearl hotel . What a little treasure of a hotel, this was our first overseas holiday, with our 11 month old son & the hotel was just great , had his cot all set up for us on arrival. We just loved the boutique style of the hotel & it's personal service , especially in a big city like NY... I work in the travel industry & my husband & I are always usually very dissapointed in our accomadation. Not this time , we would go as far to say it's the best hotel we have stayed in . Bed was so comfy & huge , the trendy little coffee machine & wine fridge , microwave a blessing with our little boys food.... We stayed in a king deluxe room. We have reccomended the hotel twice in the week we have been back . So if it's stlye, location & super modern facilites & proffesional staff , you can not go pass the Pearl NY.. Thankyou . Lisa Walters. Brisbane Australia . ;)

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lw080212
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were impressed with the size of the room and how comfortable we were with everything, including the bed. Everyone was really professional, courteous and friendly. We hope to return real soon. Room was exceptionally quiet. Truly impressive how we felt we were not in the city because it was so quiet, especially the area the hotel is at (right across from theatre where "The Book of Mormon" is playing.)

We would like to thank everyone, beginning with Vanie at the front desk, who was very nice checking us in. She helped us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary even sweeter with a complimentary upgrade. The Champaign waiting for us in our room was a VERY nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel back in October of 2011. I'm a bit late writing this review but did want to make sure to give them a TripAdvisor shout out as I had a pleasant stay. I chose the Pearl Hotel after reading other TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is modern but warm. The staff is very friendly and professional. My room was spacious with nice appointments. My room had a pretty good sized balcony which was surprisingly quiet. The hotel is close, but not to close, to the Time Square action, subway, grocery, pharmacy, theater dist, etc. I loved my stay at the Pearl and have recommended it to other business travelers many times. I would recommend this hotel for business, couples, friends, and solo travelers. I do not think the Pearl would work for families especially with small children as it does not have amenities to keep them entertained.
Two thumbs up to the Pearl. I will be back.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchen option. When booking on the Web site, the balcony and kitchen options can...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business