“Wish I could go back again today...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #16 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Wish I could go back again today...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is a very comfortable hotel in an excellent location. Had a lovely, impeccably clean room with fashionable decor and a good sized well equipped bathroom. Everything was in excellent working order, and it was easy to get a good night's sleep because we heard very little outside noise even though we were close to Times Square and our room faced the street. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was adequate and the location was excellent. This is the first time I have ever written a Tripadvisor review, but I found out about this hotel by reading your online reviews so I thought I should share my very positive experience in return.

Room Tip: Request a room on
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Getaway1956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Hebrew first
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

The location and condition were excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would be happy to stay there again, but would ask for a room further from the elevator. Besides the noise of the elevator, the only other complaint (may be too strong a word) I have is too little closet space and too few hangers. My hubby and I travel extremely lightly, but still were challenged to find hangers and space to hang our few items of clothing.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GrandmaG
Jackson, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We spent a night at the Pearl and fell in love with this hotel..we were upgraded to a beautiful suite on superbowl sunday and had dinner at the attached cafe. A short walk to our show and american girl store. Parking garage right next door. I will not stay anywhere else after finding this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChiefHarry
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Recently stayed several days with two teens in The Pearl. All the complementary comments from others are well confirmed by our stay. Very responsive staff to small issue with plumbing. Very clean and prim. Circular theme throughout. Well thought through design concepts. So quiet, we were always surprised by the number of people appearing in the public areas. Really enjoyed the rich touches: Travertine marble in the bath, clever/modern shower plumbing, iHome dock, etc. So many high points, I hesitate to make the following two comments...the manager's wine and cheese hour is very modest. A Pino Grigio (OK it was Santa Margarita) and a Chilean merlot were on offer along with chunks of American cheese and soda crackers. And, since it was a warm February in NY, we found the room heated itself and stayed at 74F with the heat off. We had to use the A/C. On the other hand, it was quiet and not at all drafty.

So, would we stay here again? Absolutely, yes and yes.

Room Tip: Now that NYC has a $350 fine for horn blowing, the streets are relatively quieter than before. Pract...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lsutigre
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Found this hotel shortly after they opened because my regular hotel in New York, the W, was booked. It has become the only hotel I stay at when I visit the city. The staff has always been helpful and very friendly. Having a great market a few steps away comes in handy. A couple of Duane Reads within walking distance was extremely helpful when my niece became ill. We were able to get to all of our destinations easily. I love this hotel and now my friends and family love it to. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable it is very difficult to leave the bed. The free breakfast is great!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Debbie H
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel mainly due to the wonderful reviews we read at tripadvisor.
And the hotel matched all the good reviews.
It's basically a business hotel.
1) ROOM SIZE: The rooms are big, if you consider NYC standard rooms.
2) BREAKFAST: We read a lot of reviews about its breakfast and how it was not good. However, my mom and I found that their breakfast was very good, compared to the other hotels we've stayed in NYC. They have coffee, milk, toasts, bagels, orange juice, fruits (apples and bananas), yogurts and more stuff I can't remember now. To me, this is more than okay for a breakfast.
3) LOCATION: Amazing!
4) SLEEP QUALITY: Sleep like a baby. No noises.
5) INTERNET CONNECTION: HIgh quality and high speed free wi-fi internet.
6) STAFF: Superb. For me, this is what makes this hotel standing out. They are helpful, friendly and they know a lot of information about NYC. Don't forget to ask them, they have good tips. Not only the front desk staff, but also the bell boys.
The only down point was the check in time, which is 4pm. We arrived very early in the morning and had to wait until 4pm to enter our room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank annaSa0Paul0
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just come back from a girls holiday and stayed at this great hotel. Everything you read on the reviews are true, it really is an excellent hotel.

Try to visit the adjacent church St Malachys, (The actors church) it"s beautiful and steeped in history. Valentino, the famous silent movie star had his funeral here, and it is were Joan Crawford married Douglas Fairbanks Junior. (If like me you are interested in old Hollywood)

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. Well done to you all at the Pearl.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be good
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends