“Absolutely flawless”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #27 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 July 2013

A quick 2-day recreational visit to NYC with one night in the City for my wife, son and I was made all the more enjoyable and memorable by staying at the Pearl. From the second we arrived until we returned to collect our luggage that the hotel had held for us (no fuss, no charge), everything was perfect - excellent location (100 or so metres off Times Square), friendly, courteous and helpful staff, fantastic amenities, a very spacious, well equipped, modern and spotlessly clean room (between us we even managed to watch all three TVs that were in our suite!). Even the coffee in the room was probably the best hotel room inclusive coffee I have had. I am sometimes put off by the 'boutique' tag as I have found it is often synonymous with small/compact poorly lit rooms and bathrooms that have only a shower/wet room and a washbasin the size of a cup - NONE of this applies to the Pearl (quite the opposite in fact). Whilst I paid a little more for the room than I had originally intended when planning the trip, I got a good price online and having now experienced the Pearl I consider it excellent value for money and would recommend it to anyone. The Pearl met, and then exceeded, all our expectations - a pity our stay there was not longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Booked this hotel on a recommendation from a friend. Having 2 teenagers we wanted 3 beds and a bit more room. Booked a 2 queen suite and got just that. Also nice having 2 big tvs plus a bonus 3rd in the bathroom. I enjoyed the location although my husband thought it was still a bit too close to Times Square. Good central location. Very modern and clean. Also enjoy it being a smaller boutique hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TCM327
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The location was excellent - within walking distance of Central Park, MOMA, the Met, shopping, restaurants, and Times Square. The subway was just around the corner for any destination not within walking distance. The room was clean, the staff was fabulous, the concierge was very well informed and extremely helpful. In fact the entire staff and service was exceptional. We stayed on the 11th floor and found the room quiet and well appointed. The continental breakfast was filling and a great way to start our day. The afternoon wine and cheese was very appreciated after a day of hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is one great hotel. Location is excellent, a 2 minute walk from Times Square and easy access to 3 subway lines. Pretty much walking distance to all midtown attractions.
Rooms are large and comfortable with all necessities, including a luxurious bed. Bathroom is spacious and spotless. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
At just under $400 a night, this hotel is very good value by New York standards, especially considering where it is.
Attached restaurant is expensive but food tasty.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The great reviews were so true. It was a great location for shows, Central Park, shopping and Times Square. We had easy access to the subway and walked to most destinations. The concierge was well informed and extremely helpful with all of our questions. The rooms were clean and spacious. We were on the 3rd floor directly over the entrance below and it was very quiet which made for a peaceful sleep. The continental breakfast was a great start for our busy days. We missed the afternoon wine and cheese but will definitely be back to get the opportunity. We were travelling with 2 teenagers and they were so impressed by the location and access to all the lights and excitement that the city had to offer.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debby C
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Location, service, rooms were all excellent. I booked 6 deluxe rooms, and requested high floors for all. The hotel did indicate they could not promise delivery of my request, but they indeed delivered and more. Service was exceptional. Every small request was accommodated. My group of picky travelers were very, very pleased.

The location is ideal for shows, restaurants, sites, and shopping. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom is spacious and everything was clean. My only complaint is that I couldn't, at first, figure out how the television worked, but I eventually got it going. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. I was in a room facing the 49th Street, and the noise did not bother...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel was fantastic. It was next to Times Square but at night you could sleep comfortably. The room was lovely and the microwave and coffee making facilities were appreciated. Breakfast was plentiful. The hotel is next to theatres and walking distance from many attractions. The staff were very helpful and there are facilities for printing your boarding pass free of charge. We loved our stay and would go there again.

Room Tip: If you want a god nights sleep choose a room facing the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple