“Pricey time of year; met expectations.”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #25 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I wanted a quiet upscale location near Times Square/Theater District as I was attending two plays over a weekend. The staff were professional and friendly. Cleaning staff accommodated my schedule as did the hotel for a slightly later checkout. The included breakfast was attractively presented and more than adequate. I've had worse and dislike going out early especially in poor weather. The area is very much a lounge but serves its purpose. Room t-stat allowed me to adjust temp to my preference. That said the halls are dark, the lighting in the bathroom throws shadows at the sink, rooms need more pillows (small) and closet hangers - small matters. Interesting how newer hotels are appearing in sites with small footprints allowing for the boutique concept which I much prefer. Did not eat in attached restaurant as I prefer to meet friends or family at places they choose or bring in food to eat in my room utilizing microwave and refrigerator. Note: rooms do not contain meal service items although there was a cupboard area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NYCVisitor2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I cannot express how grateful I am for such wonderful customer service at the Pearl Hotel! They truly strive to give you peace of mind. When I couldn't find my passport the night before I was supposed to fly back to the United Kingdom, they went out of their way to help me track it down. They seemed just as anxious as I was about making sure I had it in time for my flight.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I spent one night at The Pearl Hotel on the recommendation of friends. I found the hotel very clean, convenient, and quiet (particularly given the hustle-bustle location). The staff were extremely helpful and my room was a two-bed suite which I found surprisingly spacious! I also loved the noon checkout. However, I was very disappointed in the complimentary happy hour, which, to me, I was looking forward to before dinner out. Given the cost of the room, they provided plastic (yes, plastic) cups for wine and only one very small tray of fruit (one tray that was never replenished). I assumed that the free breakfast was likely as sub par and so I decided to skip it. Recommendation to the management: Class up the happy hour so that guests feel special…use real wine glasses…play some low level music in the background…have enough niblets to go around….make it nice …it's only one hour!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AnonName
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here in November 13. Great location close to Times Square and theatres. Arrived at 1pm and was unable to check in although we were able to leave our luggage. Room was finally ready at 4.30 but staff did provide - bottle of wine to acknowledge he inconvenience. Room was great but had been prepared for 2 people instead of 4 in terms of towels, toiletries, robes, glasses etc and some of these issues were attended to but not all.
Breakfast menu was good but lack of appropriate seating was awkward at times. Wine hour was a welcome touch as was lemon water in lobby. Door staff were brilliant- very knowledgable and helpful and are great ambassadors for the hotel.
Overall - rooms and bathrooms were great but felt the hotel would really benefit from a bar area despite the adjoining door!
Service was responsive and staff are v. helpful.
Would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Three of us gals had a wonderful experience at The Pearl. The Hotel staff were very accommodating. We selected the queen suite as there were three of us, so we selected a room with two queen beds and one sofa bed. At the beginning, the sofa bed was not very comfortable as the mattress was very thin. When we brought this to the staff's attention, they worked to try and make our stay comfortable. This resulted in several duvets layered on top of the mattress and the person who chose to sleep on the sofa bed said she had a great sleep after that. For location, this hotel is very close to what Manhattan has to offer. We had booked the show in the theatre across the street, and were within walking distance of Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, Radio City Music Hall and some excellent shopping. I recommend this hotel to anyone. The only suggestion I have for the Management of this fine hotel is to replace the mattresses on the sofa beds. Otherwise , breakfast was good, the wine hour was very nice and the staff we interacted with were exceptional. Thank you for a great experience during our visit to New York!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the street and did not notice any noise, which we were surprised at. The d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Christian, the outstanding concierge in guest services, was wonderful assistance in planning a customized private city tour. The guide, Lee Gelber, is appropriately named the “Dean of Guides” and provided a delightful, humorous, and educational introduction to the city’s treasures. The driver, Doran of Six Stars of New York, is the safest driver we have found anywhere around the world. It was a fabulous 3 hour experience.

Also, Christian provided helpful restaurant suggestions and tips to expedite museum visits throughout our stay.

Our two rooms were quiet with no street noise, and the rooms were immaculate. This is our second stay at this hotel in twelve months. Again, a year later, the staff, especially Manuel, was welcoming, and everyone on the team was devoted to customer service.

This hotel is a must if you are planning several evenings or matinees at the theatres. This hotel is safe, modern and conveniently located in the theatre district. It’s a short walk to Kinky Boots, A Time to Kill, Newsies, and the Book of Mormon is 8 steps across the street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jvand00
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived the Hotel at 4:30 in the morning. Check-in was smooth. The Front Receptionist was super-nice & upgraded us to a Deluxe Rm knowing we're celebrating our Anniversary, granted us late check-out until 13:30 & even sent us a bottle of wine!

The room was luxurious & clean, with nice amenities from Philosophy. The bed & pillows were comfortable. Despite our room was on a high-floor, we could still hear occasional sirens throughout the night. Wi-fi & breakfast were complimentary. We were so tired we skipped breakfast. We checked-out at 12:00 pm & left our luggage with the Hotel.

When we returned to pick up our luggage at 16:45, we're offered to attend the Wine & Cheese Reception on the 2nd Floor (16:00-17:00) while waiting for our car from the Valet.

The Pearl Hotel will be the Hotel I'll stay in when I ever visit NYC again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple