“A great stay!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #27 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Traveled with a 24 y/o and 14 y/o and the hotel and staff met all our travel needs for our 1st trip to the city! We felt very safe in spite of coming from rural Florida. Thank you! The continental breakfast and the attached restaurant were very helpful, and staff helped with all requests, except the request for early check-in, but our luggage was stored safely.

1  Thank Deborah H

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I'd read great reviews of the Pearl Hotel so my expectations were quite high when we arrived... And I certainly wasn't disappointed!

I could go on and on about how great this hotel is but let me just sum it up:
- great, friendly, attentive staff
- gorgeous, modern hotel
- complimentary breakfast every morning with toast, pastries, fruit, cereal etc.
- PERFECT location!! Right amongst the action in Times Square, but the hotel is so quiet, couldn't hear a sound in our room.
- We felt completely safe, my husband even allowed me to wander around and go shopping in Times Square on my own at night!

Overall, couldn't be happier with our stay at the Pearl and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we're in NYC!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MellyL89
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Pearl for two nights earlier this month. From the moment of check-in to our departure, we were treated with warmth and friendliness by the staff. Our room was extremely clean and furnished with new and comfortable furnishings. Free internet was a plus, as
was the free breakfast and the free wine, fruit and cheese snack served each afternoon . The location is fantastic due to its' proximity to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, the Museum of Modern Art, and the subway going anywhere in the city. (We were also just a five minute walk to the Birdland jazz club, and a ten minute subway ride to the Blue Note jazz club in the West Village.) I highly recommend The Pearl. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I recommend a room as high as availability allows to avoid the potential for street noise. We were...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John R
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Have stayed in many hotels in NYC and it was my 1st stay at the Pearl Hotel in NYC.
This hotel is just as most reviews indicate ,wonderful rooms,service and location.
My husband and I arrived in the morning having travelled 18 hours . Our room wasn't ready unfortunately but the hotel did contact us when it was. Chocolates and Champagne were an unexpected bonus to celebrate our birthdays.
In Time Square with Chicago on Broadway playing right next door. Free snacks as well as an adequate breakfast. The metro is also nearby which makes getting around New York a breeze.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank VLG09
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at The Pearl a while back. Myself, I’m usually content with a place where I can just remove my hat and lay down, but this time I was travelling with wife and kids so we looked for some comfort and that is exactly what we got.

The location is simply excellent and very much accessible even with a small kid. The room was spacious and comfortable and we could not hear any noises from other rooms, which was a major plus since we were travelling with young ones. Staff was helpful, rooms were clean and All in all everything went smoothly as the hotel has everything what to expect.

I can easily recommend this hotel for other families visiting NYC

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Makeventure
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I took a quick trip to NYC to see shows and friends. We found the Pearl online and I am glad that we did. The room we had was large, clean and well appointed. The hotel offered free internet and breakfast included in our rate. The location in the theater district was perfect for our purposes. I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We were able to upgrade to a king room for only $14 a night.
1  Thank STLTraveler2014
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I searched high and low for a hotel in Times Square for a surprise 21st birthday present for my son. We wanted the location so that we could spend New Year’s Eve in Time Square (along with a million others)! We picked the Pearl as it looked like a boutique hotel amongst all the high risers and whilst not cheap it was comparable with others. The staff, from bell man to concierge where all very approachable, knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms were of a good size (we had a suite) and very clean. Good choice of complimentary teas and coffees and in great decorative order. Breakfast albeit only continental was always fresh and varied. A wonderful touch on return from celebrating new years was 4 engraved complimentary champagne flutes with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. They also went the extra mile to move my mother to a room on the same floor once they realized we where one family. This involved some room logistics and a small delay whilst they got the new room ready but another great touch. In short when we go back we will look no further than the Pearl for our stay, its location, style and friendly staff ensures that. A couple of tips if you are considering New Years in NYC. 1. Book early. 2. They close off Times Square at about 5pm on New Year’s Eve, so unless you have hotel in Times Square you won't get in. 3. Avoid standing bolt upright and freezing in the queue for up to 7 hours by making a reservation at a restaurant or pub in Times Square as you can spill out just before the ball drops and enjoy the roar. 4. Book all your attractions (ice skating, top of the rock, Ground Zero, museums etc), as it is incredibly busy at that time of year. 5. Wrap up…….. It’s cold!

2  Thank Greenhof