“Great located, clean, friendly hotel”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #22 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Switzerland
“Great located, clean, friendly hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I brought my husband and two teenagers here and felt we had plenty of space, plenty of towels and was very comfortable. The daily cleaning was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. We had Broadway tickets and the theater was right across the street. We had so many choices of great restaurants and shopping we could get to by foot. I would highly recommend the Pearl Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phoebebigelow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Hebrew first
Folsom, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife, 4yr old daughter and I stayed here for a week. We stayed in room #304. I'm guessing the might be the worst room in the hotel. It was directly across from the Book of Mormon sign and right above the breakfast area. So I did hear street noise as well as noise from the breakfast area. Thankfully, it didn't affect my wife and daughter since they're both heavy sleepers. I just used the supplied ear plugs to get a good nights sleep. I actually called the hotel a couple of days before we arrived to request a room on a high floor. However, we arrived early in the day and took the first room available. So, my impatience probably cost us a better room.

The room itself was spacious with a nice bathroom. Unfortunately, the TV in the bathroom didn't work. Normally I wouldn't have cared much but it would've been nice during March Madness! I think the size and quality of the room was very good. We had a cousin visit us and she said our room was nicer than the room she stayed in at the W.

The service was top notch. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room (we were celebrating our anniversary). Everyone we encountered was very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was a great way to start every morning. I would recommend this hotel based on the service alone.

The location of the hotel can't be beat. It was centrally located for everywhere we wanted to go: from Brooklyn to NJ to Harlem. Walking to the subway (ACE/NQR) took about 3min. We never had a problem getting a cab with the help of the doorman. And we walked to Wicked.

Overall, this hotel is great. We look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room #304 if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank erock901
Mount Gilead, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Three friends and I just returned from a NYC "girl's" trip, and we spent three nights at The Pearl. We have found our new favorite hotel, and plan to return often! The room was spacious enough for four women and all our luggage (and shopping bags) - it was also clean and the beds are very comfortable. Everyone on the staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. We enjoyed breakfast and the wine hour, and the location is wonderful. We were also able to check in early. We will definitely recommend The Pearl to our friends, and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Ideally situated off Broadway & just round the corner from Times Sq. Rooms are comfortable & towels changed daily. The complimentary breakfast & wine/cheese from 4-5pm were an added bonus. Staff were very friendly & helpful. I would book here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've never felt so compelled to leave a review before - this hotel was amazing! From the beautiful, clean, sound-proof rooms, to the amenities, to the incredible staff! I am so grateful for Christian, whose knowledge of Broadway shows and subway lines helped my boyfriend and I immensely. The free continental breakfast and "wine hour" is what brought me to this hotel - excellent money-savers! from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I could not have been more impressed. According to my boyfriend, I'm "hard to please", so this must truly be a great hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank afrech
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I try to stay at The Quin when I visit NYC, but there were no rooms available so I decided to try the Pearl.

I had made the mistake of not requesting early check in, but was surprised to find our room would not be ready until 4pm. I upgraded to expedite my check in as I had early dinner reservations. The front desk was very helpful.

I have high expectations for a hotel, so here is my review:
Pro: Room was clean with a comfortable bed and linens.
Cons: The bathroom was average at best, and the room had only one hook to hang clothing, that being in the bathroom. The closet was very small, allowing only a single suit and a shirt or two to hang.
The complimentary Sunday breakfast was nice, though there is limited seating and very little table space.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjd572
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Pearl for 4 nights in mid-March and loved it. From check in to check out, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was not your typical cramped NY room but was spacious. Except for fire and police vehicle sirens which you'd hear in any hotel, the room (which faced the street) was very quiet. The elevators arrived the fastest of any hotel we've ever stayed in (and we've stayed in plenty). The continental breakfast was a plus for this type of hotel; good and plentiful. We were provided with excellent service (like providing an extra suitcase rack) and had no complaints about anything. We will be staying there again in June for 4 nights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple