“Location is the key!”

Ranked #21 of 466 Hotels in New York City
California
“Location is the key!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Oh, Pearl Hotel, how I miss thee! This is, by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in, not only in NYC, but anywhere!

We were a party of three and I was the last to arrive. I was asked if we were celebrating anything and a few minutes later, there was a knock on our door and a special gift for us on the other side. This started off our stay quite nicely.

We were staying in a queen suite and all the amenities were fantastic! The beds were ultra-comfortable and we enjoyed the living area each day. It was a nice place to eat, relax and watch some television.

The bathroom was spacious and I loved the separate shower and bathtub. The shower was divine! The water cascades from overhead while you have the option of a hand-held wand. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

The staff can make a break a business, and the employees here make the stay all the more wonderful. Every single person was kind, friendly and helpful.

Continental breakfast was so-so and we only made the wine hour one night. The area on the second floor where they hold both became hangout spot for us a few times.

Finally, the location is superb! We walked to just about every thing we wanted to go to. There is a subway stop two blocks away and another about four or five blocks.

Oh, and how can I forget about the FREE Wi-Fi throughout the hotel! And it was fast!

Stay here if you have the means (it is a bit pricey, but worth every dime!)

Room Tip: The room I was in faced a theater where the Book of Mormon was playing at the time. It wasn't ov...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SoulMoonChild

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Hebrew first
england
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

One word AMAZING as always, 2nd visit this time alone on business was great from start to finish, staff great room great every thing great. Location could not fault 8th ave some really good eats and drinks will be returning next year for our 3rd visit.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank cindyterry
North Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We spent a week at the Pearl and found the hotel to be exactly as described on the TA reviews. The hotel is ideally situated for easy access to Times Square, the subway and numerous Broadway shows. The staff were very cordial and accomodating to most every request. The room was clean and spacious. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I were to return to NYC.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra $$ to get a 10th floor balcony unless you just absolutely feel the need to sit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbienrc
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay in the Pearl which is perfectly situated for the Broadway fans.
After a problem with our last stay we were offered an incentive to give them another shot, so we decided what the heck, and booked two nights for our last leg in the trip back home. The deluxe king suite is spacious with the bedroom containing a King size bed and probably enough room for a single size too. The lounge room had a large screen TV and again could sleep two adults if a bed could be requested. There is plenty of storage with three closets with hanging space. Both rooms we have stayed in are modern and newly renovated.
For the avid foody, the breakfast is pretty average so if you love a full breakfast you should look elsewhere. On a rainy night the doorman was more than helpful as he stood in the rain for a good 10 mins plus trying to hail us a cab for dinner. Overall a much better experience than last time and by New York standards reasonably good value.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank perthaustins
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just on my third night at the Pearl and am so happy with my stay. I sometimes have trouble sleeping in NY because of the street noise. I was pleasantly surprised that my room isn't noisy at all. The room itself is spacious, clean and nicely appointed and the staff here are great. I had a bit of a logistical problem today and the doorman helped me out right away. I used Trip Advisor to select the hotel - what a great find.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room with outside space.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie-jjs60
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

this review is long overdue since i stayed there in 2011. i arrived early in the morning and while my room was not ready, they gave me access to a bathroom and some breakfast. after 25 min (only), they had a room for me.

the room was gorgeous. i was very impressed considering the location of the hotel is great and the rates reasonable.

would recommend to families, business people, couples.... everyone!!!!

thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vaiataerven
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very nice, clean and quiet hotel. Rooms are very nice, clean and roomy. My adult daughter and teenage son were with me. I chose the Queen Superior room so my son could sleep on the couch and my daughter and I got the beds. Great staff. It is in a good location and you do not hear the outside noises. The continental breakfast had a good selection and the coffee is good. This will be my hotel choice when I visit NYC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family