“Great Hotel, great location, fantastic staff”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #18 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Broome, Australia
“Great Hotel, great location, fantastic staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is our fifth hotel in our trip around the world so far and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. In no way has it advertised its self or priced itself as much as a couple of the other hotels we have stayed at in Mayfair London or Dublin Ireland, but has outdone them in hospitality, service, friendliness, helpfulness and room standard. We arrived at midnight after a long haul flight and the instant we arrived we felt they were waiting for us and made our check in an absolute breeze and made us feel totally at home straight away. I could go on and on about the great service and time we are having here but will just say, if you are looking to book this hotel I would recommend it highly and haven't got a bad thing to say about it. Also we are a family with two boys aged 17 & 18 and are in a room with two queen size beds plus a separated lounge area and a huge bathroom. Very happy with this oasis in the middle of busy New York City. This hotel should be congratulated for the standard of training every staff member obviously receives. Well done, 5 stars.

Room Tip: Room 602 is at the front of the hotel, very quiet and is great for a party of 4.
1 Thank MelC6725

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Hebrew first
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our 4-night stay at the Pearl was perfect. We arrived around 8:30am after a red-eye flight from CA and planned to just drop off our bags and do some sightseeing till afternoon check-in time. We were pleasantly surprised to find that a room was available and we were able to check in immediately. It was a terrific start to our family vacation. Our family of five shared a room/suite with 2 queens and a sofa bed. The room was very nice and surprisingly quiet. The bathroom was large with a separate tub and large shower stall. The staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful. The location is great; we walked to many attractions or took the subway (several stations/lines are within a few blocks). We will recommend to friends and look forward to staying there again the next time we're in NY.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my first time in New York and we decided to stay somewhere central and near to Times Square. That was the unfortunate decision because of the crowd in Times Square, but the Pearl really was a pearl in the ocean, it was like the lake in the desert. So central and so cute.

Hotel is new, clean, elegant and staff is super helpful and friendly. From the bellboys to doormen, from room service to front office they are so nice and professional. Rooms are so small like other hotels in New York. Maybe our room was extra dark because of small windows but we didn't make it a problem because we didn't need any window as we were out all day. The only thing for me preventing 5th star was the bed. It was ordinary and bit noisy when moving.

Being close to Broadway (just next to the Ambassador Theatre) theatres was a big advantage. Was just few meters from a subway station another advantage.

Such a cute restaurant/bar at entrance with live jazz every night. Somewhere to go and take a drink before a broadway show.

Room Tip: 608 was our room was bit small with small windows at behind.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evren A
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the 4th time we have stayed at The Pearl. The hotel is overall a great place to stay, for many reasons. It is located near Times Square and Broadway, but is on a quiet street. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and professional. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast is a nice addition, along with the free internet.

2 Thank TP6902
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best Hotel I ever stayed at well worth the money everyone was friendly and very helpful. The room had a grwat view and was super close to everything! I actually walk from Madison Square Garden to and from the Hotel and itbwasntba long walk at all I had a amazing night at the Pearl.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at The Pearl for 8 nights. We arrived in NY after a 10-hour flight and were exhausted, so when we got there at 8 am, we knew check-in wasnt until 4 pm, but decided to take our chances anyway. We were immediately offered breakfast and they apologized for not having a room ready, but asked us to leave our number so they would let us know as soon as a room was available, which happened at around 11.

The room was very spacious, with a good comfortable queen bed, desk and armchair. It also had a mini-fridge, a microwave and iron/ironing board. We were very pleased.

I read some guests complaining about noise. I was never bothered by noise, we could hear an occasional siren or maybe some horns during busier hours, but only in the distance. If you are over-sensitive you should find a different location for your stay, not Times Square.

There was a good market just around the corner, very convenient for bringing snacks and fruits to the hotel. I think it's called Food Emporium.

Breakfast was delightful. Apples, bananas and fruit salad, various sorts of bread, apple and orange juice, cream cheese, jam, honey and cereal.

I only had the afternoon tea once. They served pinot grigio and malbec, crackers, grapes and cheeses.

The only thing that bothered me was at check-out. We asked reception about transportation and they said a taxi would cost us 65 dollars, with toll included. But when the doorman saw that we had not only suitcases but also a wheelchair, he tried to convince us that we would need two taxis. I thanked him, but said I wanted to check with a yellowcab driver I had taken the day before about our bags fitting into his trunk.

While I was on the phone with the cab driver, I saw that same doorman putting some of our bags into a black car's trunk (definitely not a taxi). I told him to stop and said the cab driver had assured us he would take us and all of our bags and wheelchair. The doorman was very rude and I later found out the black car driver gives them a 5 dollar commission for every ride.

Well, not only did the yellowcab driver fit all our bags and chair into his trunk but there was also plenty of room for more. And he charged us the regular airport fare, 52 dollars plus toll (6 dollars).

I would definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor might be noise because of the breakfast and happy hour lounge.
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 July 2014

One of the most pleasant hotel experiences I've had, hands down.

So accommodating, attentive, and helpful.

I was in NY for business and not pleasure, and the staff took care of all my requests to be in the quietest room possible...the room was clean, stocked, and very comfortable.

Free wifi and breakfast, plus an evening drink reception.

Definitely a gem in NYC. I will book again.

• Stayed July 2014