Metro Apartments
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel is OK for his price. A bit noisy but very close to the city centre (Time Square, Broadway). The room was clean and we had possibility to prepare coffe and tee in the room. We will stay again there and I did already recomend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Check the area on google maps.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at Metro Apts for 7 nights in December 2013. Initially, my family was apprehensive about staying at Metro Apt due to the less favourable reviews that we had read prior to the trip. But, it was actually a nice surprise to find out that in the end, we had an enjoyable stay! My family of two were given Apt 6E, which was facing the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It was also quite convenient as the room was located near the lift and rubbish disposal area.

- Location: Metro Apts is located very near to Times Square and it's just a 5-10 mins walk there. The nearest subway station (42 St Port Authority) is also quite near the apt.

- The room: The room that we stayed in was very clean and it was quite spacious. The bed was also comfortable. We were worried that we may not be able to sleep as the noise from the bus terminal can be quite loud, even at night. But, thankfully, we got used to it and could have a good, peaceful rest. They also provide complimentary housekeeping services.

- Food: Being a Muslim family, getting halal food is at the top of our agenda. But not to worry, there are quite a number of halal food carts selling chicken over rice along 42 St. There's also a nearby 7 Eleven and an organic grocery store, if you'd like to cook a little smtg in at the kitchenette. There are enough pots and pans to go around with... although the kitchen sink was a tad too tiny. Anw, if you walk down at W 39 St, you'd find a halal fried chicken joint. The hotel apt also provides complimentary coffee/tea and biscuits daily.

- Service: Wi-fi service was available in the room, although the connection may not be fully reliable. Do check with the reception if you need help. Overall, the staff were quite helpful and friendly. If you need a taxi/ transport service to the airport, do let them know beforehand (@ least a day ahead). They would help place reservations with Carmel Svc. Also, Chris was one of the friendliest staff member of Metro Apt. He's always ready with a smile and is very helpful in making sure that you would enjoy your stay in Metro Apt and New York. Thanks Chris!

Overall, it's quite a good accommodation in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

On a few days stop in New York, we stayed at Metro Apartments for 3 nights. The Reception staff were more that helpful in every way posible. The apartment we had was very clean, the bed very comfortable and all what we needed. Wifi in the room was much appriaciated.
The kichenette was more than useful, as there is no restaurant or facility in the building.
The área seemed to be local for the homeless, but did not make you feel uncomfortable when walking in the área.
Fairly near to Midtown attractions, Macey´s and Port Authority.
Would certainly stay again and recomend to Friends and others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Metro Apartments on 12/19/2013 through the 22nd. I was 100% pleased with the entire package. The accomodations were very nice. The room was clean, roomy, beds comfortable and decorated nicely. The staff went out of their way to be helpful by answering questions and giving information when requested. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at Metro Apartments for the first time during the first week of December 2013. The location and price were right. It was walking distance to Port Authority, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Radio City and many other attractions. I can't stress how great the location is for tourists who want to be able to walk to many times square/midtown attractions. vNow to the property. It does have a condo building feel when you enter so it provides more of a residential walk up feel! I had a great one bedroom apartment with a balcony. I purchased groceries at the CVS at the Port Authority location two blocks away. So I had everything I needed including a laundry room. They also had free wi-fi which was very useful as I had so last minute work I had to complete and send off. Lastly, when it was time to leave, I walked one block to Port Authority where I caught a shuttle bus to La Guardia airport. I highly recommend Metro and will definitely stay again on my next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: I think my room was 10-C, but I cant remember exactly. it faced the highway and entrance to Lincoln tunnel but was not loud.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo