“Great for the money”

Metro Apartments
Boise, Idaho
“Great for the money”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Metro Apartments. I have to admit I was a little nervous to stay after reading some of the past reviews, but was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. It is in a great location and we were able to walk almost anymore. If we did not walk there was a metro station close by that we used. We were even able to walk straight from the train station. Our train arrived early and we were able to receive a early check-in which was extremely nice after traveling for almost a week already with children. I had read past reviews about noise being an issue and the neighborhood a little scary, but we had no problems with that even though we live on a farm. We slept comfortably and were not "put-off" at all by the neighborhood . The room/apartment was nice and spacious with a nice living area, kitchen, and Jack and Jill type bathroom with a separate bedroom. My son said this was his favorite hotel out of the five we had stayed in up and down the East Coast. The room was clean and we were given extra towels upon check-in plus a brand new baby travel crib for our 2-year-old to sleep in. On the last day of our stay they held our luggage for free all day until we had to catch our 10:00 pm train. We could not have afforded to stay in New York with our children in such a convenient location without staying at the Metro Apartments. We were pleasantly surprised and happy with what we got for the money. If you are expecting some five-star experience for this price, you are ridiculous. The Metro Apartments was perfect for our stay in New York.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelingFamilia_6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed a night in Metro Apartment on a recent trip to NYC to watch a concert at Madison Square Garden. Upon checking in we were given a free upgrade to a Junior Suite. The apartment was very spacious and cozy. Bedroom had a comfy king sized bed, bathroom and living room were very clean too. Shame we couldn't stay longer. All in all, great location, good value for money and much better than the other small hotel rooms in Manhattan.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bloodbubble
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I wanted to follow my first review with this. I gave some feedback to Glenn the GM on my last stay. Nothing major. On arrival the maid knocked on my door with a floor mat. I had suggested this last time since it has really been bad weather and to respect the room and nice floor it would be good to have a mat at the door. A small thing be really shows that the management listens and wants the right experience for the guest. Again, I repeat, this is not a four star romantic type hotel but rather for a family or business person on a budget that wants to be near Times Square so keep your expectations in line and you will be well served. If you ever have a question Glenn is very responsive. Give his team a chance. Also when traveling treat the hospitality and various transportation personnel nicely. You never know what they have had to deal with right before meeting you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Burgess H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Well appointed and comfortable apartment very close to Time Square and all Midtown Manhattan attractions. Immediate area not attractive but don't be put off as a very convenient location. Staff very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Much better value than the average hotel and lots more space.
We experienced an unfortunate problem of the mains water being cut off for 24 hours - a city issue and no fault of the apartment owners. This was handled well with contingencies put in place including toilets in the adjacent college and showers a block away in another hotel. Also reasonable compensation arrangements.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrew G
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Cons:
1) Internet was very poor, can say worse - 2.4MB mail download takes 5-7 minutes
2) Poor lift maintenance
3) Non availability of workstation / table - computer chair to do some office work (In few rooms, i know my room does not have this facility)
4) No mirror (proper positions)
5) Its just ok to stay 1/2 days - not more than that with the above problems

I was just forced to office which is 13 miles some time just due to above basic amenities failure

Pros:
1) Friendly staff
2) Ideal location to Times square, main markets

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank chandrapamidi
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was really surprised to see this place was as soon as we came thru the Lincoln tunnel. Parking lot was right down the street and 24hrs was only 36 bucks because metro validates parking. It was very close to time square,only took us about 7mins to walk there. The rooms are a whole lot bigger than the average rooms in NYC and didn't cost as much. I definitely think that we found a hidden gem. Unless I wanna have a real up scale weekend this is definitely the place I'll be using from now on especially when we have the children with us.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself , mother and sister shared a one bedroom "apartment" for a 5 night stay in New York.
We have previously stayed in Fitzpatricks on Lexington but I just could not justify the money with this trip.
Metro apartments were great value and the location was great, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and never any trouble.
I would highly recommend metro apartments to anyone looking for a comfortable base in NYC. its not a 5* hotel and you are left to your own devices but I'd rather spend the money in the shops then on a room I barely spend time in.

Room Tip: I believe some of the rooms have been updated and others have yet to be.... Ask for a newly refurbis...