Metro Apartments
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$232
  • Pool
US$515
US$412
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$240
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travelled and stay in NYC from 8/5 - 15/5 and after considering few places within walking distance to Times Square, I chose Metro Apartments since they provide kitchenette, microwave and fridge. The stove wasn't meant for a proper cooking but you can make instant noodle any time. Check in and check out process was a bliss without much hassle.
I travelled with my husband and my 3-year-old boy. We got room 4A, which is directly in front of the elevator. This room facing the 41st as I personally request the room facing the main road. As far as noise is concern, I don't face any disturbance at all and my son sleep soundly through the night. Plus, the room has a balcony so we can sit outside when it was not too cold.
The bed and pillow were very comfortable. We have no problem dozing off to sleep after a long day. TV has tons of channel to choose from. Plus, there are free wifi without additional charges and the speed was incredible. Perfect for us so we can google our way first before hitting the subway. They don't provide room service, and we have to take out our garbage ourselves and threw it on the chute, but not a big deal as they provide lots of garbage bags.
The location is perfect as it only took 5 minutes walk to Times Square District. And as Muslim, we have no problem getting food to eat as there are lots of Halal food cart as you walked towards the Centre.
The only downside during out stay is when the Maintenance guy came into our room to reminded us not to wet the bathroom floor as it was leaking and the downstairs room were complaining. We did not flood the floor, just a splash. So we have to make sure there is not even one drop of water dropped on the floor.
Overall, our stay at Metro Apartments is very satisfying. We would recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank idobez
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I say this review is overdue I meant to say I stayed here 2 years ago as the building had been refurbished. I still remember the room quite well as I enjoyed the trip. You cant get any closer to Time Square for the price, it is a 5 minute walk away. Its close to transport and subways, only issue as noted in other review is that there are drunks nearby and the buses will wake you up in the morning so no need for an alarm. The room was great, larger then expected and it had been newly renovated. Overall a good trip, wouldnt ask for me to be honest.

Room Tip: Get a higher room to avoid noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ikemba Lionel I
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The stay was pretty much as expected based upon the reviews I read prior to booking the room. Our stay was directly across from the laundry area, had a fridge and microwave with all the kitchen tools you need, bath was fine and room was fine. There was internet available at no extra charge. The price of the room was comparable to other hotels in the area and you got way more than the other hotels provide. You are within walking distance to the theatre district. My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights and it was fine. The staff was very helpful when needed and printed out several documents that I needed while on the trip at no extra charge. Would stay here again if I preferred the kitchen - if not, I would stay in a little bit nicer hotel at a slightly better rate.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchen for your trip, this is a good place. There are not that many hotels that even offer a microwave and fridge in the NYC area. It was like staying in an apartment but with a hotel price tag.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

You need to stay here. For the money you cannot beat it. New hardwood floors, beautiful bathrooms, new and modern kitchen w/microwave and stovetop, flat screen TV, walking distance to a supermarket, Ollie's a great sit down Chinese restaurant is walking distance from Hotel. One of the very best stays I ever had in the Big Apple!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephen N
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As you probably know, Manhattan is expensive, very. So, don't expect some spectacular place for $225 per night.
Now that I said that, let me tell you about our experience.
The only place that looked like in the posted pictures was the building's lobby. Our room was in the 4th floor and I believe was renovated some 20 years ago; Frayed and stained carpet, no table and only 1 folding chair even though there is a basic kitchen and utensils (where are you supposed to eat, on the desk? or in bed?). We asked for a table and it took 2 days to get one.
Another con: the apartment is located on a very busy corner so the noise was unbearable sometimes because the windows are so old fashion that you may feel you are sleeping in the middle of the intersection. The good thing is that usually, NYC leaves you so exhausted that you don't care about noise or anything.
The only pro of this place is its location, check the map and you'll see but mind that the neighborhood around it is not nice nor glamorous, just plain ugly.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on a high floor or get earplugs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple