“Great Service and Great Food”

Il Punto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Punto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$28 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 38th Street
Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street. On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
Description: Your escape to Italy is here, in Midtown Manhattan, at Il Punto Ristorante. Our lunch and dinner menus feature fresh, homemade pastas, seafood, poultry, and veal. Accompany your meal with a selection from our wine list, and a delicious dessert! Il Punto features a main dining room, a full Bar, and two small dining rooms perfect for private events, meetings or celebrations. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited this restaurant "Twice" during our 4 nights in New York City in July 2014. The first night it was just my sister, my niece and I. Our better halfs went to the Yankee game. The staff treated us like royalty. Antonio, seated us, Raphael was our waiter and Antonio the Chef even came by our table. All of the staff was " TOP NOTCH" and the food was Authentically Wonderful! So we went back on our last night in the Big Apple, and took the hubbies and my nephew. Again....we were treated like we were the most important people in the restaurant and the food again was SUPERB!!! I was partial to the Lasagna...but my family ate the red snapper, and pasta dishes and we all LOVED everything. They have a wonderful wine selection as well not to mention the desserts. Our hotel had recommended this to us the first night as we three gals did not want to walk to far...and this was perfect for us. But well worth a cab drive or a long walk if you are in the mood. AAAAA+ service and 5STAR worthy. We will be back.! Thanks again to all of the staff that made our 2 evenings with you a memorable time for us in New York City!!!!

1  Thank Betsy E
Letizia B, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to dine with us for half the nights you were in the city -- we love hearing that you were compelled to come back for one last meal before you left. It was our pleasure to make such wonderful memories with you, and we'll look forward to seeing you during your next trip!

Until then,
Letizia B.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A real special find. If you appreciate real first class service with a very reasonable price this is the gem in NYC. Great wine list. Authentic Italian food. When we walked up I was ready to leave but the minute I walked through the door it was as good as any Michelin 5 star Ive been to. Small restaurant so you might want to get a reservation.

Letizia B, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Our deepest gratitude for this wonderful review after having visited us this summer! We're very pleased to hear that you thought the service was first class and the wine and meal you tried matched perfectly. We'll have a table waiting for you next time you're in the city!

All the best,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Three of us ate here in July 2014. I had the striped bass, my daughter had the red snapper and my wife the chicken and asparagus with a shared sides of lemon mashed potatoes ans 'canotina' salad. The service was top rate. Hard to top the service but the food was even better. I will be back on our next NYC visit

Letizia B, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review! We love hearing feedback from our guests. Glad to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your meal and the service. Looking forward to having you back to further explore the menu on a future visit!

Until next time,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Il Punto is sort of off the beaten track on Ninth Ave behind Port Authority but it's still only about 5 blocks from the theater district. Because of this, it doesn't get a lot of tourist traffic - most of it's clientele are locals or repeat customers. My wife and meet here often to enjoy a dinner together.
The food is great. Everything is fresh and well-made. Most dishes are fairly simple but elegant. My personal favorites for antipasti are the Misto di Salumi e Formaggi or the caprese salad. All the pasta is handmade. My wife and I usually share our favorite fettucini cooked in squid ink for the primi course. For the second course, we favor the Vitello al Marsala or their lamb chops although you can't go wrong with their fish courses either. Great wine list heavy on italian vintages (no surprise). I've discovered some of my favorites by tasting suggested pairings.
Wait staff are friendly professionals who've been there for years. Food arrives hot and on time. Ask them for suggestions. Prices are reasonable. You get what you pay for.

Grazie! We're so flattered that we're one of your frequent choices when you and your wife are in the mood for a nice dinner out! You're clearly exceptionally well versed in our offerings, so we wanted to be sure to thank you for all the visits that have led to such familiarity. We're looking forward to our next opportunity to welcome you both back!

Until then,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had dinner here after traveling for 25 hrs, so a bit tired, but this did not affect what was a great night, with great food and service, presentation was very impressive , cost is reasonable, very happy,for very good italian food and good service, try ll punto.

Letizia B, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for joining us after traveling for so many hours. We're thrilled to hear that you had such a lovely evening! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Grazie,