“Excellent place, location and landlord!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 107 reviews

Reviews from our community

Melinakle
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Excellent place, location and landlord!”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We had fantastic time in New York, partly because our stay didn't give us any trouble!

The location is excellent, the appartment is nicely located very close to Metro station in Harlem, in a lively area, with super market, cafe's and restaurants near by.
The appartment is in a very good shape, very clean, fully equipped, with free wifi, very handy if you travel with kids!

Milton is an excellent host and very friendly, he was there when we needed him. One evening, when we arrived a bit late, we wad a very pleasant surprise waiting for us outside the door, that was a wine and a delicious cheesecake!
Thank you, once again!

Just a friendly tip, if I may. I know everything was very clean. I would rather sleep on white sheets though, it gives a better feeling of cleanliness.

We will definately come back again, and Milton's appartment will be the first on our list!

Date of stay: May 2015
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Apartment!”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at this apartment and really enjoyed our time here. There is plenty of space, its very comfortable and its very conveniently located. Close to shops, supermarkets, restaurants and public transport. The owner greeted us and informed us in detail of the local area and offered many suggestions for our stay in New York. He is very friendly, approachable and easy to get a long with. I would highly recommend this apartment to anyone thinking of staying in New York!

Date of stay: October 2014
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Angela H
Tralee, Ireland
“Never saw the apartment”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this apartment in March of 2014 for a trip in September 2014 for three nights, for my husband, adult daughter and myself. At the time of booking we were impressed with the fact that the apartment was advertised for four and that there were good reviews. We wanted the freedom of catering for ourselves and not being confined to a hotel.
We were visiting America and staying in Chicago before arriving in New York. On the 3rd of September, prior to leaving for America, I e-mailed Milton to advise him of the time we were arriving on the 20th and asked how we would collect the keys. I received a reply while in America advising that I should phone him when we landed at JFK.
On landing I phoned and was directed to a message box which was full and unable to take a message, after two further attempts I spoke with Milton, who seemed surprised that I had a booking with him and asked with whom I had booked. He stated that there was some confusion but advised that we come to the apartment.
We were met by Milton at the apartment and were looking forward to seeing the apartment but he informed us that there was a couple in it who were due to check out later that evening and that he wanted to have the apartment cleaned before we moved in. He asked us to return at 5pm. When we returned he told us that the couple were staying on due to possible strike action by Air France but that he had booked us into a hotel. He drove us to the hotel, a short distance away and said that we were booked in for two nights and that he would leave a message for us on the second night re arrangements for the third night. When we went to the room it was a room for two, with a double bed, this did not please us and we made contact with Milton and stated that we were unhappy, a second room was arranged for my daughter. On the second night we returned to find no message regarding the third night, I tried to ring Milton but did not get a reply. Next morning we again tried ringing Milton without success a number of times. Eventually we went to his house, which is located at the apartment and after ringing his bell a number of times he answered and advised us that he had at 7am that morning booked us for another night in the hotel. We had no choice but to return to the hotel where we were told that we were booked in for another night but they only had one room, so all three of us had to stay in the one room. We tried ringing Milton but to no avail.
We were due to return home the next evening on a transatlantic flight and were keen to have a good nights sleep.
The experience left us feeling disappointed. We were looking forward to having our own space in an apartment, that is why we booked it. A hotel meant that we had added expense as we had to go out to eat when we could have catered for ourselves at the apartment.
It was clear from Milton's reaction when I contacted him from JFK that he knew nothing about our booking or had clearly double booked the apartment. If the couple that were there were due to check out that day then why did they not go to the hotel when there was another booking for the apartment ,I believe that it would have been acceptable to do that. After all after two nights in the hotel we were told that there was only one room available for us as they were fully booked and we had to agree to this.
I would have loved to review this apartment but as I never saw it I cannot do so. I have given it a poor rating due to the experience we had. It would seem to me that Milton probably uses a number of booking services to book his apartment and it is clear that he needs to have a system that alerts him to bookings.

Date of stay: September 2014
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
ptezcan
Goppingen, Germany
“Terrific stay!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed with my 3 kids at the apartment and it was the best decision for our family for accomodation!
A spacious apartment, very nice, well equipped, very close to public transportation/shops/restaurants, friendly neighborhood. Everything was as planned and expected. And, above all, the owner Milton Wilson was very friendly, helpful and attentive! We felt most comfortable and loved to stay longer.
Thanks Milton!

Date of stay: August 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Families with young children
sillyhill...
Houston, Texas
“Hidden treasure in Harlem”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

On a quiet street, not even a block away from from the Subway and Metrobus line - easy to get around! Direct connection to LGA/LaGuardia using the $2.50 M60! Nearby dining, shopping, and entertainment.

Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with tub/shower, living room with fold-out sofa (comfortable)appliances, microwave, refrigerator, FREE WI-FI. Owner was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area.

While the history of Harlem is sketchy, the area has improved drastically in the last 10 years. Tourists can be seen coming and going at all times of the day and night.

Enjoyed the stay!

Germany
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: August 2012
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
5 Aug 2013
Thank you both for staying at my apartment and glad to know you had a wonderful stay at our apartment. we try to make a home away from your home. All the best and hope you are doing well.
Milton
Dordrecht
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Date of stay: March 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.