“Get there around 6 if this is important to you”

Good Morning America Studios
Ranked #241 of 1,122 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Disclaimer: We were there when this section of Broadway was under construction. The layout before/after construction may be different.

We strolled up around 7:30ish and the outside studio was already full of fans. There was a short line of about 15 people or so which was supposedly to get into the main area. The outside studio itself is only about 50 feet long and they put about three people deep in there. Even though a few people left the main area as we stood there, security never moved people around to allow more in. Therefore I would get there around 6 if this is really important to you.

If you just want to check it out, there is plenty to see as you're walking by. Security won't let you stand or loiter and will constantly be telling everyone to keep walking but I took enough trips through that I got a couple decent pictures of Ginger doing the weather outside and of Josh, George, and Robin inside the studio. You could also try standing across the street at Toys R Us.

5  Thank Care13bear

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My daughter, friend and I went early to GMA in the rain. We were directed to one line and were the next people to be admitted then it cut off at us. We were directed to another line and waited patiently. Was told that they would accept 20 more people and we were #10 . Waited for another hour and no one ever came out to let us know anything. We finally left. The next day, I got up even earlier and waited outside and made it in this time. I was standing between 2 families who decided to get into a quarrel about who was standing there first. Very awkward. Was about a total of 15 minutes we saw anyone. The weather woman was extremely nice but not sure I would do it again. Was disappointed and tired from the really early mornings. Not what I expected.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just got back from a mother/daughter trip to NYC for my daughter's 13th birthday. We knew we wanted to see a morning show while we were there, so I researched details online. Good Morning America had a place on their website to "reserve your spot" to see the show. I filled out all of the required information and a few days before our planned visit I received the following e-mail:

Hello All!
We received your submission to be a part of our Audience for Good Morning America and are looking forward to having you! Our Special Guest Monday is The Wanted! Our studio is located at 1500 Broadway on the corner of 44th St. The show begins at 7am but we request that audience arrive at or around 6am for our Audience Coordinator to best place you. We ask that all attendees dress appropriate to the weather. We encourage the use of signs and photography but we ask that all signs remain appropriate. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask the Audience Coordinator the morning of your visit. We’re excited to have you as part of our show! See you soon!
- James Brennan
Audience Coordinator

So, guess what we did? We gathered supplies in NYC, made a sign, woke up super early and arrived at the GMA studios at 5:45 a.m. on the morning of our scheduled visit. When we arrived there was no "audience coordinator" to be found. There was already a line of people. We asked if they were waiting to see GMA, everyone said "yes" so we got in line. We waited an hour and still had not seen an audience coordinator. I thought it was strange since the show would start in 15 minutes. Then another woman in line with us received a call from a friend that she was meeting telling her that the line we ere in was to go inside the studio to see the guest performers, not stand outside for the outdoor segment. Apparently, the set up for the outdoor studio was around the corner. We headed over there and, of course since we were so late, we were about three rows back and could not see a thing. No one ever spoke to us or acknowledged us in any way, shape or form. We were there the morning after the NYC marathon and the "audience coordinators" or producers or what ever they were flirted with three women that had run the marathon the entire time. The whole experience was disappointing.
The following morning we decided to give it another try. We went to the Today Show and the experience was completely different. They had two producers that introduced themselves to everyone who was there (and there were many more people at Today) they asked us where we were from, why we were in NYC, what we had been doing etc. They spent time telling all of the audience members what to expect, when the hosts would be coming out to the plaza, answering questions and making us fell welcome and appreciated. We were able to see everything that was going on because the area at the Today show was much bigger. The hosts even spent time to talk to audience members, take pictures and sign autographs. Wish we had gone to Today in the first place.

6  Thank Molly S
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The stage manager let my son(9) in and he was so excited. It was a must on his checklist. I was amazed at how nice everyone was. I came later and they let me in the studio during taping so I could join my son and husband. We were on camera and part of the GMA live mini audience. We stood right being the anchors. So much fun. Thank you GMA and glad you are the Number 1 morning show. They also gave my son a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. He was pumped!!!

1  Thank sandes
Reviewed 31 July 2013

From standing outside in Time Square looking into the studio and the taping of the Good Morning America show I observed:

Lara……OMG with each commercial break the compact comes out and the hair is fussed with. The makeup is checked. I wanted to sneak behind her and mess up her hair just before going to air. LOL!

George Snuffleupagus….poor George, no one talks to George during commercial time. Break comes and his newspaper comes out, nose buried. Are you ignoring them or are they ignoring you?

Ginger….talk about amazing sexy eye lashes. Far more lush in person then on TV.

The 1001 support people behind the camera…wow, you are stuffed into that studio behind the camera yet you each know exactly what to do, and how to do it. Kudos!

2  Thank TravelVlogger