The Jewel facing Rockefeller Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3 West Club(New York City)
  • Pool
The Dorset(New York City)
View Hotel
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)
  • Room Service
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
The Peninsula New York(New York City)
  • Pool
Warwick New York(New York City)
Shoreham(New York City)
2,148 results
All reviewsrockefeller centerradio city music hallpurified waterterrace clubclub quartersgreat locationpatrick's cathedralnew yorkcentral parktimes squaresister hotelliving roomnbc studiosfree wificoffee machinetop of the rockfifth avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

There are some great things and some terrible things about this hotel. The location is amazing: right across 51st from Rockefeller Center, so central to everything. The street is surprisingly quiet, so we didn't hear traffic even though we were on a lower floor. There is free wifi and free bottled water (if you stand out in the hall and fill the bottles yourself, which is just weird.) There is a closet and a desk, which many small boutique hotels have, but no safe, which you really need in a NY hotel. There is coffee but no minibar, so no stashing your leftovers. The staff is competent but not great and there is no concierge.
This is really not an independent boutique anymore but just a part of the Club Quarters down the block. So it's cheap in lots of ways: They have the worst beds I've ever seen! Instead of a king we got two short twins pushed together, so you could clearly feel the seam. And the bed was much shorter than an actual king. The duvet was covered with some cheap slippery fabric so it slid of the bed multiple times every night. Poor towels, and we had to ask for amenities like a shower cap as there were none in the room. Worst of all, the water for the entire building was off for two hours during one day, so no going to the bathroom! So, weirdly, I gave it a three, when it really deserves 5 for location, 4 for value, and 2 for comfort!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street face Rockefeller Center.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BuffCrone
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently stayed here for one night after being booked at the Club Quarters Rockefeller Center next door. I was not aware that these two hotels were related and the manager Danny informed me that there was a room available here with a terrace and a view of Radio City Music Hall. Upon checking in, I received a call within five minutes from Danny asking me how I liked the room and also wondering if I had left my wallet at the front desk...which I did!! In addition to being very helpful and friendly he also saved my weekend...Overall the hotel is lovely and the 2nd floor lounge is great. I did not make it up to the rooftop restaurant but I hope to make it up there during my next visit. The rooms at the Club Quarters are always great and while they are not known for being spacious, they do offer every amenity you would possibly require. Overall I am very happy with this hotel chain.

Room Tip: Suite upgrades are usually available for anywhere between $25-40 depending on location. I would recommend getting these if you would like a little more space and a kitchenette area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We spent three nights at The Jewel and had a wonderful time! The hotel is perfectly located for theaters and restaurants and a short taxi ride to many museums. I was afraid that the room we had reserved -- their small queen -- would be very closet-like, but it was new and beautifully appointed, fitting a comfortable bed, a desk, microwave and small fridge in addition to a compact bathroom with shower. We will definitely stay here for our next NYC visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is conveniently located at Rockefeller Center. The lobby is very small and no frills but there is an area on the 2nd floor with a sitting area, coffee machine, computers and TV. The complimentary bottled water is a nice touch.

The room is fit for its purpose and the bathroom has sufficient counter space. The water pressure of the shower can be improved.

Subject to availability, check-in prior to 11am is available at a fee of $35.

Travellers who like the location may also consider Hotel Shoreham which is a few blocks north. I have always stayed at the Shoreham but decided to try the Jewel. The two hotels are similar in price range and size. Hotel Shoreham is a few years older but to me, closer to sights which interest me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkKwok
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Ideal location at Rockefeller Center. A 15 to 20 minute walk to the theater district. Clean, smaller rooms. Exceptionally quick check-in and check-out. Great price. One of the lowest that I found in midtown. I was surprised that with 15 floors and only 2 elevators, I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator. The second floor "living room" with computers, coffee, etc. was a nice touch. I didn't get a chance to use the fitness facility, I guess walking around Manhattan is enough exercise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple