“Good food with nostalgia”
Review of The Pink Tea Cup - CLOSED

The Pink Tea Cup
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food with nostalgia”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is a very modest restaurant but the name harkens back to the Greenwich Village of the 1960s. The lunch menu is very standard for a soul food cafe. The catfish and grits were very good. Nice Value. Attentive staff.

• Visited February 2013

“Pink Tea Cup”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Found the food to be just ok. The place is under renovations, so its a very tight fit. I have to say the service was great, our waiter was very attentive!! he get's 5 stars. Would like to see what the place looks like after renovations, that would be the only reason I would go back.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Almost like the good old place”
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

We went to the old place quite a few times and was disappointed when it was closed. Thanks to Groupon we found out it reopened and closer to our residence. We went there last last evening and couldn't be happier. The atmosphere is modest and unpretentious and fun. Very friendly service. Our waiter was very personable.
The Fried Green Tomatoes were very good. The Pecan Waffle Nd Sweet Potato Waffles were excellent. They have 6 favors to chose. My partner had Honey Mustard Smothered Friend Chicken and it was OK. I had the Gravy Smothered Pork Chop and it was remarkably good.
I think the pricing is higher compared to the old place which is understandable because the rent on 6th Avenue must be outrageous. Compared to our eateries in the area, this place is reasonable.
Rest if the menu looks good but I will order what I had again.

New York City, New York
“Where oh where has the real Pink Tea Cup gone?”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stopped at the Pink Tea Cup last night to get a smother pork chop dinner that I use to enjoy so much to be so disappointed. The food I once enjoyed was no longer there. I did get a pork chop dinner (one pork chop pre dinner, use to get two) with collard greens and yams. The collard greens, was very good the rest of the dinner was bad, will the real Pink Tea Cup please stand, because the one on 6 and w 14 street is not it. I will not go back. Amy Ruth’s has my vote.

• Visited July 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Great fried chicken”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Went in november 2009, but that was not an option in making the review.
Best fried chicken ever.
Charming place, friendly staff.
Again, the chicken...OMG.
Fried chicken with maple syrup pancakes was a breakfast dish we had for lunch. We didn't need any dinner that day. ;)

Visited November 2011